att or verizon

Search This thread

speedfreak228

Jun 19, 2011
soi switched to verizon four months ago because att service has gotten crappy. now i ordered my verizon s3 and find out that the bootload is locked.... should i switch back to att or stay on verizon? what would yall do?

zeesubalpha

Jul 3, 2012
i'm on at&t and i'm pleased with my service. i don't live in a major city and i consistently get 6-8mbps down and 1-1.5mbps up. for normal browsing it is more than adequate. no issues with call quality.

i'm also pleased with my phone. with my current configuration (see sig) i'm getting 5000-5100 in quadrant. benchmarks aren't a perfect indicator of how good the phone is, but the number is still impressive.

Last edited:

sjcelius

Nov 10, 2010
Brooklyn
go back to AT&T

AT&T LTE is faster and Verizon new Share Data isn't all that. Too little data for so much money. AT&T!

speedfreak228

Jun 19, 2011
We only have 3g where I live for at&t and lte on Verizon. I would keep my Verizon line for home Wi-Fi.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
At&t is very good to us, and the service here is amazing. Then again, Baltimore being so close to D.C. is probably the reason. LTE has been deployed here for awhile and the speeds are insane. We've always had issues with Verizon at my house

Sent from my GS3

speedfreak228

Jun 19, 2011
Just afraid that I'll start having all those dropped calls again, I don't have any with Verizon

cracjackson

Jul 4, 2007
Chicago
I have the att version I got 24.8mbps dl and 8 ul. No dropped calls either. Pretty amazing device so far

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

dasistsparta

Jun 25, 2012
I always prefer gsm carriers to cdma ones. It feels weird having a phone that you cannot use if you travel abroad, especially europe where most carriets are gsm.

speedfreak228

Jun 19, 2011
Wonder if the locked bootloader is going to be a trend for Verizon?

argov

Apr 18, 2006
Just afraid that I'll start having all those dropped calls again, I don't have any with Verizon

Every lock have a key, I'm moving from ATT to Verizon (700$ etf) just because of the dropped calls. Can't stand it any more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium