[MOD] MA7 base, DEODEX, 1x/3g icon, no clock, no charged notice, 1% battery mods

Search This thread
[MOD] MA7 base, DEODEX, 1x/3g icon, no clock, no charged notice, 1% battery mods, themed in Smurfy blue with a few other themed icons.

You can use it as is, or you can rip it apart and replace the icons with whatever you prefer.

I removed the clock, converted it to 1% capable, removed the charge completed notice, and, obviously I like blue.

I rarely share my mods but the Note II area is pretty bare.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9946170/Smurfy.zip

2013-02-20%2008.41.05.png

Standard disclaimer applies.... I can't guarantee my work won't "blow up" your Note II, always have a backup. Obviously it didn't blow mine up. :)

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
[MOD] MA7 base, DEODEX, 1x/3g icon, no clock, no charged notice, 1% battery mods, themed in Smurfy blue with a few other themed icons.

You can use it as is, or you can rip it apart and replace the icons with whatever you prefer.

I removed the clock, converted it to 1% capable, removed the charge completed notice, and, obviously I like blue.

Standard disclaimer applies.... I can't guarantee my work won't "blow up" your Note II, always have a backup. Obviously it didn't blow mine up. :)

Looks awesome! You will hate me for this - any chance we could also have a version with the clock? :angel: Some of us don't keep a clock widget on the home screen and use the status bar clock instead.

You need to follow most of the steps in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37273338&postcount=13

However, the apktool package there is missing some parts.

So if you use my apktool package it should work:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9946170/APKtool.rar

Also, they say JRE/JDK. you really want the JDK only.

You should also put the c:\apktool folder in your system path.

That should get you to the point that you can compile and decompile your SystemUI.apk.

When modifying these, always take one from YOUR rom or one that's compatible.

And this is for DEODEX only.

When you get to the point that you can compile and decompile, then you need to know the things to change.

I'd suggest Notepad ++ as an editor and paint.net as an icon editor.

notepad: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
Paint.net: http://www.getpaint.net/

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
When you get that all working and setup and have decompiled and recompiled a systemui.apk successfully without making changes, let me know and I'll point you to the next step of goodies to play with.

OK all done and working. What do I change? What I want most is to re-enable the 1X connection icon that Sprint disabled. Thank you for guiding me through this.

Darn, you work fast!!!!!

Ok, use my download as an example, extract it and rename it something like system1.apk, then decompile it..

Keep the zip file because you'll need it for flashing. Just replace the file in it. :)

First thing you want to do is make a backup flashable file called orig.zip or something. Again, use my zip file in the first post, and put your systemui.apk in it.

KEEP IT ON YOUR DEVICE because when you screw something up, you'll need it for repair.

Also, VERY important, update your darn nandroid backup. TRUST ME, you will break something and eventually will need to use it. KEEP THIS CURRENT!!!!!!!!!! <--- I know from experience!!!!!

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
Darn, you work fast!!!!!

Ok, use my download as an example, extract it and rename it something like system1.apk, then decompile it..

Keep the zip file because you'll need it for flashing. Just replace the file in it. :)

First thing you want to do is make a backup flashable file called orig.zip or something. Again, use my zip file in the first post, and put your systemui.apk in it.

KEEP IT ON YOUR DEVICE because when you screw something up, you'll need it for repair.

Also, VERY important, update your darn nandroid backup. TRUST ME, you will break something and eventually will need to use it. KEEP THIS CURRENT!!!!!!!!!! <--- I know from experience!!!!!

Way ahead of you, I nandroid religiously. :)

I have my SystemUI.apk decompiled and ready. Lay it on me.

now for the fun part, since you're backed up and have a backup of the SystemUI.apk file....

To put the clock back, you'll want to replace MY file here with a copy from the original:

SystemUI/res/layout and find tw_status_bar.xml

or if you want to jack with the actual data...

Original line will look something like this

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textSize="@dimen/status_bar_clock_text_size" android:textColor="#ff33b5e5" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/clock" androidpaddingLeft="3.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:includeFontPadding="false" />

Change that entire line to this below:

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textColor="#ff959595" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/clock" androidpaddingLeft="0.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:includeFontPadding="false" />

That's the CLOCK stuff....

If all you're doing is changing the clock, after you've replaced my file recompile and go....

digiblur

Jul 24, 2007
You might want to take this out of your update script

delete("/system/app/SecEmail.apk","/system/app/SecExchange.apk");

Reactions: Compusmurf

Reminds me.

You can use the updater script to do things like DELETE unused garbage and push other files and such.

I take the rooted, stock rom and make me a zip installer with things like this, init.d files, deletes and other tweaks I like on my rom and end up with a 1 zip installer to precustomize everything.

Makes setup a breeze.

Again, this just shows why one should ALWAYS ALWAYS have a valid and updated NANDROID backup!!!!!!!! :cool:

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
now for the fun part, since you're backed up and have a backup of the SystemUI.apk file....

To put the clock back, you'll want to replace MY file here with a copy from the original:

SystemUI/res/layout and find tw_status_bar.xml

or if you want to jack with the actual data...

Original line will look something like this

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textSize="@dimen/status_bar_clock_text_size" android:textColor="#ff33b5e5" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/clock" androidpaddingLeft="3.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:includeFontPadding="false" />

Change that entire line to this below:

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textSize="0.0dip" android:textColor="#ff959595" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/clock" androidpaddingLeft="0.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:includeFontPadding="false" />

That's the CLOCK stuff....

If all you're doing is changing the clock, after you've replaced my file recompile and go....

You got the two data lines reversed... the second line is what's in your tw_status_bar.xml and you should replace it with the first line which is from stock tw_status_bar.xml. :)

Just replaced it, recompiled, rezipped, flashed, and it worked. :) I now have your mod with the clock visible. Thank you for the walkthrough, now I know how to modify APKs on my own!

Here it is in case you want to post it to your OP - let me know when you've grabbed it so I can delete it from my Dropbox.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66752204/Smurfy-with-Clock.zip

Now, if all I want to do is take the stock SystemUI.apk and re-enable the 1X signal icon so I know when I'm on 1X-RTT and not EVDO (3G), what do I change and where? Thank you!

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

FFFFUUUUUUUUU... just realized my Email app is gone. Damnit. Restoring Nandroid now. :)

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

The 1x/3G stuff is located in:

\res\values\bools.xml

<bool name="config_showMin3G">false</bool>

The default is TRUE, change it to false and that should fix that.

Doing this now. Thank you. :)

FFFFUUUUUUUUU... just realized my Email app is gone. Damnit. Restoring Nandroid now. :)

Doing this now. Thank you. :)

Ooops, sorry. I edited my zip file.

It's one of those things I never use so I wipe it off. I use gmail so don't bother keeping the other on there. Now you see why I re-iterated that you have a current NANDROID? People make mistakes, and I'm no professional DEV!!!!! ;)

However, this is a GREAT LESSON for everyone. When you d/l someone's stuff, instead of blindly flashing it, glance at the script to see what it's going to do BEHIND the scenes. This was accidental but someone COULD wipe everything off or install something else that you weren't expecting.

A quick fix in this case instead of restore would have been to put the 2 files back into the zip, remove the updater line and reflash just the zip.

Again, soo sorry about that. :(

Last edited:

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
Ooops, sorry. I edited my zip file.

It's one of those things I never use so I wipe it off. I use gmail so don't bother keeping the other on there. Now you see why I re-iterated that you have a current NANDROID? People make mistakes, and I'm no professional DEV!!!!! ;)

However, this is a GREAT LESSON for everyone. When you d/l someone's stuff, instead of blindly flashing it, glance at the script to see what it's going to do BEHIND the scenes. This was accidental but someone COULD wipe everything off or install something else that you weren't expecting.

A quick fix in this case instead of restore would have been to put the 2 files back into the zip, remove the updater line and reflash just the zip.

Again, soo sorry about that. :(

Hey no worries man. I always always make Nandroids whenever I'm about to do something that might bork the system.

I didn't even know what an updater script was until this, and anything that I can learn something new from I regard as a positive experience. :) And I learned a lot today - now I can modify my own APKs and that's so awesome, so thank you. :)

Do you know how to decompile jars? I want to fix the 4-in-1 reboot mod now, need to replace the command that the Quick Reboot option launches because the currently posted one sends the phone into a bootloop.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You need to follow most of the steps in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37273338&postcount=13

However, the apktool package there is missing some parts.

So if you use my apktool package it should work:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9946170/APKtool.rar

Also, they say JRE/JDK. you really want the JDK only.

You should also put the c:\apktool folder in your system path.

That should get you to the point that you can compile and decompile your SystemUI.apk.

When modifying these, always take one from YOUR rom or one that's compatible.

And this is for DEODEX only.

When you get to the point that you can compile and decompile, then you need to know the things to change.

I'd suggest Notepad ++ as an editor and paint.net as an icon editor.

notepad: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
    Paint.net: http://www.getpaint.net/
    When you get that all working and setup and have decompiled and recompiled a systemui.apk successfully without making changes, let me know and I'll point you to the next step of goodies to play with.

The 1x/3G stuff is located in:

\res\values\bools.xml

<bool name="config_showMin3G">false</bool>

The default is TRUE, change it to false and that should fix that.