[1/28/13][4.4.2] AOSPA 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

fabzbear

Nov 26, 2010
Do a quick Google search on porting. Should get you started.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Don't get me wrong, I've done allot of searching and I'm in the process (almost done syncing source) of building my build environment on ubuntu.
Just wanted to know if you followed any specific tutorials.
Thanks for the reply though.

Oh just one more thing. I'm trying to install a specific launcher but I'm having problems, is there anyways I could get some advice from you on how to make it work.
I've gone the regular fix permission's and clear cache.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

JLine05

Jun 29, 2007
Dallas
This is a pretty badass port I must say. Its running fast and looking good. Im gonna go get me some themes and some popcorn. Thanks for the port, bring on the updates.

Question though...why cant we use the LED flashlight notification option? I havent tried CM10 yet so I dont know if its not working over there either.

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville
This is a pretty badass port I must say. Its running fast and looking good. Im gonna go get me some themes and some popcorn. Thanks for the port, bring on the updates.

Question though...why cant we use the LED flashlight notification option? I havent tried CM10 yet so I dont know if its not working over there either.

I don't know of that option. Are you just talking about the torch or an actual notification using the led. :confused:

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville
This port is awesome. Just a question does the stock voicemail app work and does mms? I am unable to dl mms.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Yes, checked myself, mms received is borked. I'll be looking into it. Go sms works fine for receive. As for stock vm, try it and let me know. :)

w8setter

Dec 5, 2011
rockingham
Anyone else having trouble answer calls tried numerous DPI settings still the answer ring is too far off center to answer a call...:confused:

mw86

Jul 17, 2012
Afton
forum.techinferno.com
Thank you so much for bringing thos to my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3. I have wanted this rom on here since i got the phone. New to Android but had plenty fun trying everyones roms so far. Ill be flashing tonight and if I see anything worth note ill make sure to report it. Thank you ill be looking for your next revision vigilantly. Ive been on Blazer rom ICS which based on usage Jelly Bean needs some optimizing since its so new versus most ICS roms and stock. Ive been loving Jelly Bean which I tried AOKP and CM10. Cant wait to try this rom out. After ive used it for a bit stock I will be using KT747 Kernel for Jelly Bean for the overclock/undervolt features... atleast I think I can load that Kernel. Keep up the great work. From what I hear Paranoid Android is one of the best roms out. Thank you.

Rado_vr6

Sep 16, 2010
Can't seem to get my external SD card to mount. Any special tip?

Sent from the 3rd quadrant of a galaxy far, far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello_halo.png

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

MAKE A BACKUP
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM
    3. INSTALL GAPPS

DOWNLOADS

PLEASE CLEAN FLASH IF YOUR COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM OR PA 3.15

=>>Main Link

PA Gapps

CHANGELOGS: http://allstardevs.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/ParanoidAndroid/changelogs/

You can find better battery stats here now on my dropbox===> *EXTRAS

KNOWN BUGS:

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

FEATURES for PA 3+

Hybrid engine +++ Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app,--
    that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts +++ Per app Size, scal
    e apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as
    small or big as you like +++ Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and-
    navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one a
    pp to another +++ Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app--
    available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treas
    ures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device. +++ You can
    use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Ph
    ablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your m
    arket, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need
    to edit system files for that. +++ Transparent bars and color pickers, new Syst
    emUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89 +++ Theming Engine +++ Statusbar Settings,
    Lockscreen Settings +++ Multiuser support +++ Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles +++
    4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps As we merge back our old CMPA feature--
    catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks +++ New holo-s
    tyled theme chooser +++ T9 dialer +++ New papreferences app-----------------EOF

GALLERY

shots_12pk0x.png

ROM REVIEW AND TUTORIAL. (by raakaysh)

http://droidviews.com/2013/paranoidandroid-rom-3-review-tips-and-complete-walkthrough/

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser
    to gokussjx

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

@molesarecoming & @D4rKn3sSyS for this oustanding rom!

The Cyanogenmod Team

@thebz1 for letting me take over development on the Tmobile side!

@wali01x-my partner in crime, he has taught me a lot

@gokussjx for his time and help

@master&Slavefor his time and wisdom

@OGWisdom - Big shoutouts for him bringing this to our device and naming me his successor!
    [/LIST]

BANNERS

aospa_green_01xq18.png
    aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png
    aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png
    aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png
    aospa_gray_1kwp32.png
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [/SIZE][/FONT]Known issues:
    -Long Press HOME button doesn't start the Recent Apps Menu. (Will be fixed later)
    -Will need to add APN for data
    -To access keyboard you need to drop down the notification bar and select the box to access quick
    settings and in the Keyboard setting turn off the Hardware physical keyboard option.

--Signal only shows one bar
    --soft keys dont light up.---
    --galaxys3settings.pak is there but settings is not showing advance settings.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XDA:DevDB Information
    [8/01/13][4.2.2] ParanoidAndroid 3.69, a ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    ayysir
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.69

Created 2013-08-01
    Last Updated 2014-01-28
    I have free time this weekend and will be putting up a fresh build of pa u guys. Sorry real life got super busy as well as building a new apk for a client. Expect something very soon and not a port :D

XDA Moderator
    I have actually come across another way to fix the flickering, which sticks after a reboot.
    I haven't done extensive testing on it but initial usage showed no flickering.

You will need: A build.prop editor. I prefer rom toolbox but use whatever you please.

EDIT

debug.composition.type=dyn
    To
    debug.composition.type=gpu

debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer=3
    To
    debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer=2

Let me know how that goes for you guys.