[Q] USB Charging

Search This thread

moz2k12

Nov 16, 2012
Vienna
Hi

I have the Tab Pro 8.4 since yesterday.
Today i noticed that charging over USB is not working. I get a red cross in the Battery Symbol.

Anybody with the same Problem?

Samsara69

Dec 14, 2006
Hello.

If you mean charging by other charger than original, it's normal.
All Samsung Tab need original charger or compatible charger (mean mentioned "for Galaxy Tab").

moz2k12

Nov 16, 2012
Vienna
Hello.

If you mean charging by other charger than original, it's normal.
All Samsung Tab need original charger or compatible charger (mean mentioned "for Galaxy Tab").

no I mean charging on the USB Port with a normal Micro USB Cable. I have one here from a Galaxy S2 or S3 and with them it doesn't work.

moz2k12

Nov 16, 2012
Vienna
It requires 2amps to charge while the screen is on. The other chargers are probably only providing 1amp so while screen is on it is not charging.

once again, i dont use the charger, it is connected to the USB Port from my Computer!!!! Normaly a Device like the Nexus 7 is charging wenn connected over USB, the Tab Pro 8.4 not.

Then it is the same issue.

A computers USB ports only output 500ma for usb 2.0 devices unless the machine has a piece of software designed to tell it to send more over the port.
It is still not the 2 amps required to charge the device while the screen is on, it should still slowly charge with the screen off.

The nexus 7 probably has a lower power draw allowing it to charge at 500ma with the screen on.

Samsara69

Dec 14, 2006
no I mean charging on the USB Port with a normal Micro USB Cable. I have one here from a Galaxy S2 or S3 and with them it doesn't work.
It's what i mean.
You cannot use another charger or computer USB port than original or compatible for recharge Galaxy Tab.
It's not a question of intensity ,Galaxy Tab wait for signal on +-DATA pin .
Original charger has 2 resistors between +-DATA for be recognized by Galaxy Tab.
You can use a special USB dongle for recharge at any USB port http://dx.com/p/usb-charging-adapter-for-samsung-galaxy-tab-black-151322

moz2k12

Nov 16, 2012
Vienna
It's what i mean.
You cannot use another charger or computer USB port than original or compatible for recharge Galaxy Tab.
Original charger has 2 resistors between +-DATA for be recognized by Galaxy Tab.
You can use a special USB dongle for recharge at any USB port http://dx.com/p/usb-charging-adapter-for-samsung-galaxy-tab-black-151322

That su...., never seen this on other brands!

Samsara69

Dec 14, 2006

ares3456

Apr 28, 2011
Out of stock

It's what i mean.
You can use a special USB dongle for recharge at any USB port

I looked at that link and this item is out of stock. Does anyone know if/where there are other suppliers who might make or sell something like this?