Flyer Update in the States

Search This thread

TSGM

Dec 20, 2011
Is it the same build as the latest wifi leak, i am on that.

One question I have is whether the GPS locking issues are still prevalent in this most recent update. As far as I'm aware, even the latest wifi leak has issues with GPS lock-on. There's a patch somewhere in the development forum, but from some replies, the patch does not fix the issue. I was sort of hoping that the official release by HTC would have that fixed.

globatron

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
Yes, I will add an upgrade for this, as stated before I will update with regional variants as and when they are available (to me).

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

I must be linguistically challenged - hadn't noticed much of a difference...and don't see a need to revert to GB to do it the HTC way.

Anyone think otherwise?

Try it then and watch it fail.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC Flyer HC US Wifi OTA update

http://www.multiupload.com/3CNG94XHHV

MD5: 9ff51ed8748481295069d133eb779bb5
    R
    readable
    It is finally here.
    I haven't heard from any one that actually installed this and so far we don't even know which models its going out to. Please tell us which model Flyer you are receiving the OTA on.
    The biggest difference should be not the language, but that some apps which don't show up or don't install in the app market because the previous OTAs were Western Europe should now show up and install for US users.
    I haven't heard from any one that actually installed this and so far we don't even know which models its going out to. Please tell us which model Flyer you are receiving the OTA on.
    The biggest difference should be not the language, but that some apps which don't show up or don't install in the app market because the previous OTAs were Western Europe should now show up and install for US users.

I installed it, so what exactly do you want to know?

I have an US BB Wifi
    R
    readable
    Ive been looking for some compelling reasons to apply this update. All ive seen are vague " its great" or " the pen functionality is worth it". Neither of which are very helpful. Neither are any of the "reviews" ive found online. I'm also not very keen t give up the cap buttons for on screen versions.

Im not tempted by honeycomb, im writing this on a transformer so ive used HC a lot and its pretty but i dont find it as usable or intuitive as the old GB sense on the flyer.

What matters to me is hw it works so what im asking is for any info from anyne who has applied the update. What's new about the pen with the HC update? how does it perform overall? Are there any compelling improvements that make it work accepting the HC dwngrades to the luncher and notifications?

For me: ( I have never rooted my Flyer.)
    1. Honeycomb - updated Gmail and calendar, plus the Honeycomb experiences.
    2. I have not noticed any performance issues except ADW didn't perform well. I am using the Go Launcher instead.
    Also, I tend to use my Flyer (Best Buy) for ebooks, gmail, calendar, web surfing, HTC Notes/Evernote, printing screen shots and reading PDF.
    3. The pen interface is working the same, except when I take a screen shot, I get 3 choices: Go to Notes, take the screenshot and pen settings.