[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 Stable: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G

Search This thread

danipoak

Feb 27, 2012
Yes, this happens and is very frustrating. I'm assuming it happens when an app/mail is trying to sync or something like that.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

That was my guess as to the reason. One of those stupid apps like Dropbox insisting it has to run in the background. I'm guessing it is a ram issue so upping the processor speed probably won't help.

Migital Warfare

Oct 14, 2010
Riverside, RI
Anyone else having problems interacting with touch tone phone menus? I tried calling sprint yesterday, and couldn't get through the menu because it wasn't recognizing that I was pressing buttons, and the same thing happened when I tried calling Fios this morning.

I've had that problem a LOT, after new flashes, even market updates give me "insufficient storage" errors. Uninstalling and reinstalling those programs seems to work, as well as fixing permissions. Haven't tried removing account and logging in, that seems easier...

Sent from space...

I don't get insufficient storage errors lately but I have gotten the error about purchasing on free apps. Whenever I get any error on Play Store, I see if the app I want is available on 1Mobile or 4Shared and I can get them to install without any problem.

Sent from my D700 running CM9 RC1 using the XDA app

Anybody have any problems with music skipping and being choppy? I just got a 32gb card so I could ditch my ipod. I was walking to campus today and every couple minutes it was like the music had the hiccups.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Yes. I've also had that happen with the voice while using driving directions with Google Maps navigation. It doesn't happen often but it's annoying when it does.

Sent from my D700 running CM9 RC1 using the XDA app

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro

hotpocketdeath

Feb 14, 2011
Does anyone know of a call recording app that works with CM9?

I've tried several so far (Allcallrecorder, Callrecorder, RecordMyCall) and none of them are working. All of them say they are recording the call, but no audio is actually recorded to the file.

I know some will say I need to get with the developer of the app if there is a problem, except it's multiple apps trying to perform the same function, all with the same problem. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume the issue may be in the ROM.

Speedin07si

Nov 15, 2011
Colonial Heights,VA
Does anyone know of a call recording app that works with CM9?

I've tried several so far (Allcallrecorder, Callrecorder, RecordMyCall) and none of them are working. All of them say they are recording the call, but no audio is actually recorded to the file.

I know some will say I need to get with the developer of the app if there is a problem, except it's multiple apps trying to perform the same function, all with the same problem. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume the issue may be in the ROM.

I believe Google Voice can record calls. But I am unsure of where the settings are.

Sent from My Epic Ice Cream Sandwich With Sprinkles!!!

PlackSlayer

Dec 2, 2008
Oklahoma City
I just wanted to chime in and say RC1 has been the most stable phone I have used in a long time. It also has one of the craziest battery life I have seen yet. I have forgotten to charge it over night for the past 3 days or so and it has always been able to wake me up on time. I do charge it at work during the day mind you but the fact that with 10% or less power it still has enough juice to be used as an alarm clock.

Fantastic work guys and I can't even see upgrading phones any time soon. This has made the Epic purchase one of my best since the Moto StarTac.

hotpocketdeath

Feb 14, 2011
I believe Google Voice can record calls. But I am unsure of where the settings are.

I was reading about that. The info I found was that it only works for incoming calls if the call is coming through the Google Voice number. If you make the call from your cell number (non google voice number), it doesn't work.

There is a call I need to make soon that I would much like to record involving some unacceptable repair times on a warrantied item.

Speedin07si

Nov 15, 2011
Colonial Heights,VA
I was reading about that. The info I found was that it only works for incoming calls if the call is coming through the Google Voice number. If you make the call from your cell number (non google voice number), it doesn't work.

There is a call I need to make soon that I would much like to record involving some unacceptable repair times on a warrantied item.

My cell number and gv number are the same. Also depending on the state (unless its a federal law now) you can not record a phone call without the other party knowing about its being recorded.

hotpocketdeath

Feb 14, 2011
My cell number and gv number are the same. Also depending on the state (unless its a federal law now) you can not record a phone call without the other party knowing about its being recorded.

Oh don't worry, I was fully intending on informing them that I was recording the call. I've done it in the past and it's surprising how much easier it makes dealing with people when they know they can be held accountable for what they say.

But unfortunately, my cell number is not a google voice number (I don't even have a GV number).

Last edited:
Reactions: xopher.hunter

husher

Apr 19, 2010
ok so i've tried market skins and dev skins on xda for cm9 and i keep getting

" Sorry, this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size."

i was told during beta 2 or 3 that not all themes are universal like miui. so does a theme need to be tweaked in order to load up proper on the epic 4g?

DeeODoubleD

Jan 17, 2011
Pandora and 3G

I am having a strange issue that is with Pandora. My issue is that i cant get pandora to play while on 3g. If I start Pandora on wifi it works just fine and will continue to play if I switch over to 3g. This only happens on cm9 rc1. at first I thought maybe it was a low data issue but T.P.R. Pandora works just fine. I am able to use 3g data just fine with other apps like Facebook and xda. any help and or suggestions would be greatful.

Did you ever get an answer on this issue? I'm having the exact same issue among others. I couldn't find a reply to your post.

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
ok so i've tried market skins and dev skins on xda for cm9 and i keep getting

" Sorry, this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size."

i was told during beta 2 or 3 that not all themes are universal like miui. so does a theme need to be tweaked in order to load up proper on the epic 4g?

Just press apply anyways... it still works just fine... all themes that I have tried say that...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

counterfeit187

Sep 15, 2010
Oh don't worry, I was fully intending on informing them that I was recording the call. I've done it in the past and it's surprising how much easier it makes dealing with people when they know they can be held accountable for what they say.

But unfortunately, my cell number is not a google voice number (I don't even have a GV number).

I'm assuming you are on sprint, so if you want you can install the "google voice" application from the play store. the first step when you open it asks if you would like to integrate google voice with your sprint phone number, you will keep your same phone number that you have now, but also get all the great google voice extras, like screening, call recording (i think by pressing 4 on the keypad when in a call), set up different voicemail greetings for individual or groups of callers (work / friends /etc.), and blocking certain callers, transcribed voicemails and all that good stuff. It may take a bit of tinkering to get things to work the way you want them to.

hotpocketdeath

Feb 14, 2011
I'm assuming you are on sprint, so if you want you can install the "google voice" application from the play store. the first step when you open it asks if you would like to integrate google voice with your sprint phone number, you will keep your same phone number that you have now, but also get all the great google voice extras, like screening, call recording (i think by pressing 4 on the keypad when in a call), set up different voicemail greetings for individual or groups of callers (work / friends /etc.), and blocking certain callers, transcribed voicemails and all that good stuff. It may take a bit of tinkering to get things to work the way you want them to.

Still not something I can use for several reasons. First, I would need to transfer my number to Google voice which is something I do not want to do.

Second, it only works with inbound calls. I need to record an outbound call.

http://support.google.com/voice/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=115082
It's not currently possible to record outbound calls made through your Google number at this time. If this is a feature you'd like to see added to Google Voice, please send us your feedback.

styles420

Nov 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21
Still not something I can use for several reasons. First, I would need to transfer my number to Google voice which is something I do not want to do.

Second, it only works with inbound calls. I need to record an outbound call.

http://support.google.com/voice/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=115082

You could grab an audio patch cord (male plug on both ends, fairly standard issue these days) to route the audio through a computer.

If it is the standard 3 contact cord, then it will only record the other side of the conversation, so you would have to get a microphone and find software that can record from two sources simultaneously. That would probably be easier than getting a splitter to route both output and input through the computer, because you would still have two separate channels to record, plus you would need the microphone to pass through to the phone... it would be a lot of audio routing, which non-professional hardware might not be able to handle well enough to have a decent enough recording to hold up in court... although mixing two channels could make it difficult to prove that nothing was edited, so neither option is ideal. But at least you wouldn't have to bluff, and the logical goal is to encourage cooperation rather than to take a guy to court ;)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts