[ROOT] One Click HTC One X (AT&T/Rogers/Others) (Win/Mac/Linux)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

madshark2009

Aug 18, 2012
CNZ3d.png

What will this do?
This will root your One X, install Busybox, and install the SuperSU application for rights management.​

Instructions

1. Download and install the HTC mobile phone drivers. [Windows]
  2. Download the root.zip file.
  3. Extract root.zip into a directory on your computer.
  4. Plug your HTC One X into your computer via USB. Recommended: Plug your device’s USB cable into the back of your computer if you’re using a desktop PC.
  5. Enable USB Debugging on your HTC One X. Settings >> Developer Options >>USB debugging (checked)
  6. Double click root.bat/root-linux.sh/root-mac.sh to run the script.
  7. Congratulations! Your device will reboot a number of times and then you will have full root access.

Who do I thank?
Don't thank me. Thank sparkym3 for this exploit. Thank crisis187 for testing it out first! Thanks viperboy for the primetime tool!​

Linux/Mac untested. Should be working now. Let me know if there are problems.

the survey does not work on my phone :( I cant receive messages from this website ... any other direct links ?

madshark2009

Aug 18, 2012
Huh? That makes very little sense, perhaps something has been lost in translation. What are you trying to do?

Sent from my Evita

download the root package ... I searched the whole internet to get one without a survey ... because my Sim company blocks messages from survies because I get paid for each message i get from them so I asked them to block it...
so can I get a root package without doing any survey ? just download ?

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'd be pretty surprised if this root exploit is actually compatible with your current firmware version, this exploit is ancient, it's from when the phone was originally released. What are your current bootloader details?

Sent from my Evita

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I'd be pretty surprised if this root exploit is actually compatible with your current firmware version, this exploit is ancient, it's from when the phone was originally released. What are your current bootloader details?

Yeah, I don't think that person realizes this exploit only works for the 1.73 firmware. Probably just lazy and searched for a "one click" solution.

madshark2009, for any version of the EVITA besides AT&T, to root the phone you just need to unlock the bootloader via HTCDev.com, then install custom recovery and flash SU or a rooted ROM. No exploit is needed.

If you have an AT&T version (must actually have the "AT&T" logo on the front of the phone) determine your firmware version, and find the corresponding root method on my Index thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671237

Unless you have the AT&T version just after release, and it was never updated, this exploit is not for you.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

download the root package ... I searched the whole internet to get one without a survey ... because my Sim company blocks messages from survies because I get paid for each message i get from them so I asked them to block it...
so can I get a root package without doing any survey ? just download ?

I don't think it matters if you fill out the survey or not, the link is just dead. I think others here have filled out the survey, and still not able to get the download.

parikksit

Sep 30, 2010
This is a spam

CNZ3d.png

What will this do?
This will root your One X, install Busybox, and install the SuperSU application for rights management.​

Instructions

2. Download the root.zip file.
  4. Plug your HTC One X into your computer via USB. Recommended: Plug your device’s USB cable into the back of your computer if you’re using a desktop PC.
  5. Enable USB Debugging on your HTC One X. Settings >> Developer Options >>USB debugging (checked)
  7. Congratulations! Your device will reboot a number of times and then you will have full root access.

Who do I thank?
Don't thank me. Thank sparkym3 for this exploit. Thank crisis187 for testing it out first! Thanks viperboy for the primetime tool!​

This is a spam man... its asking for some lame ass surveys every fucin time. This is so annoying.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
This is a spam man... its asking for some lame ass surveys every fucin time. This is so annoying.

Firstly you should never quote the whole OP. Secondly, bad language is not allowed on XDA. Post reported.

Is it really that bad you have to fill out a survey in return for being provided something completely free of charge?! If you don't like it, work out how to do it all manually. How incredibly rude and ungrateful you are.

Sent from my Evita

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisb906

swat4samp

Feb 5, 2012
Google Pixel 7
Guys really very sorry for bumping old thread and forgive my noobish question beforehand :eek:. With this rooting method, will the data be wiped or stays the same?

EDIT: If it doesn't delete data, then after backing app's data, i should 1st unlock bootloader and then flash custom recovery and then proceed to install custom roms. CMIIW please?

Last edited:

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Guys really very sorry for bumping old thread and forgive my noobish question beforehand :eek:. With this rooting method, will the data be wiped or stays the same?

EDIT: If it doesn't delete data, then after backing app's data, i should 1st unlock bootloader and then flash custom recovery and then proceed to install custom roms. CMIIW please?

Read the few posts before yours. The link for the required download is dead. And this exploit is from May of 2012 and only good for 1.73 version firmware. Which is most likely does not apply to your device.

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
Thread closed, have gotten with OP about it.

For now use an updated root solution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CNZ3d.png
    What will this do?
    Instructions

2. Download the mod edit: link removed
    Who do I thank?
    Now it should work. File host problem. My bad guys!
    Tips:

-Disable HTC Sync when you do this
    -Make sure the port is open
    -kill existing ADB.exe processes

otherwise you can get adb server out of date messages and a few other errors
    Another quick question (and maybe something that should be mentioned in the OP for other folks), does this reset the device? Any backup of settings/apps needs to be done prior?

No it does not.

Edit: heading to bed (5:36 AM) so I'll be up in 8 or so hours for more questions and support.
    Tips:

-Disable HTC Sync when you do this
    -Make sure the port is open
    -kill existing ADB.exe processes

otherwise you can get adb server out of date messages and a few other errors

Should already do that with adb kill-server command.