Coming from Sprint Note 2, what will be different?

Search This thread

MeetFace

Dec 31, 2010
Hello all. I've been running a Note 2 on Sprint for the last 14 months and I've enjoyed the experience. I am probably switching to VZW here in a month or so and will probably get a Note 3.

I've been reading on this forum here and there and am curious what types of things will be different with having a locked bootloader. I read the entire BL unlocked thread, which apparently was a scam, unfortunate.

It is my intention to only run TW Roms, AOSP has it's place but I prefer tweaked TW. What won't I be able to do with the locked BL that I could with it gone?

Thanks for your time.

xBryan

Nov 22, 2010
Pulaski, WI
Hello all. I've been running a Note 2 on Sprint for the last 14 months and I've enjoyed the experience. I am probably switching to VZW here in a month or so and will probably get a Note 3.

I've been reading on this forum here and there and am curious what types of things will be different with having a locked bootloader. I read the entire BL unlocked thread, which apparently was a scam, unfortunate.

It is my intention to only run TW Roms, AOSP has it's place but I prefer tweaked TW. What won't I be able to do with the locked BL that I could with it gone?

Thanks for your time.

Install safestrap and start flashing roms, you just cant do kernels. Im sure there some others, but thats a biggie.

Reactions: MeetFace

MeetFace

Dec 31, 2010
If you have the money get the dev version because the bootloader is locked on the retail version

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

I get that, but to you, why is this so important? Just looking for opinions.

Also, if I'm right, there are no discounts on VZW for having your own phone. That makes the phone a LOT more expensive.

Thanks!

Last edited:

BA0714

Feb 23, 2012
Just wait for the galaxy S5 that should be coming out in mid March. They are going to announce it the 24th of this month.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

MeetFace

Dec 31, 2010
Just wait for the galaxy S5 that should be coming out in mid March. They are going to announce it the 24th of this month.

I'm waiting for the announcement, but I have to switch by March 11, Sprint is tired of my crappy reception and roaming :/ I doubt I can get the phone before then, a few weeks after the announcement.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

mexiking713

Sep 2, 2010
Houston, TX
If you keep waiting on the next best phone then you're gonna keep waiting. Get the Note 3. I myself came from the Sprint Note 2 and the note 3 is definitely a decent upgrade. My next phone will be a Note 4 but there is still a way to go for that.

kvnhmmd

Jun 15, 2013
I get that, but to you, why is this so important? Just looking for opinions.

Also, if I'm right, there are no discounts on VZW for having your own phone. That makes the phone a LOT more expensive.

Thanks!

Verizon has something called "Verizon Edge" It allows you to upgrade your phone whenever you want. So I think you get a discount for having your own phone. I'd look into that.

By the way, Verizon has the best 4G coverage BY FAR. You'll be happy with the speed and coverage. It will just suck to have limited data. Luckily I'm still grandfathered into my unlimited data plan running the Galaxy Note 3.

MeetFace

Dec 31, 2010
Verizon has something called "Verizon Edge" It allows you to upgrade your phone whenever you want. So I think you get a discount for having your own phone. I'd look into that.

By the way, Verizon has the best 4G coverage BY FAR. You'll be happy with the speed and coverage. It will just suck to have limited data. Luckily I'm still grandfathered into my unlimited data plan running the Galaxy Note 3.

Yeah, where I live VZW is king.

For comparison, Sprint just unveiled their new shiny 4G LTE network here. I'm currently roaming 3G on VZW and my data speeds beat Sprint's new LTE garbage. Not to mention signal penetration, at work I can hardly even talk on the phone unless I'm roaming on VZW.

So, solely for reception purposes I'm going VZW, it's pretty much a necessity.

I will ask about the Edge when I sign up, thanks for the heads up!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for your time.

Install safestrap and start flashing roms, you just cant do kernels. Im sure there some others, but thats a biggie.
    Very good, what about things like ViperAudio (http://vipersaudio.com/blog/?page_id=25)? This would help not having kernels with audio enhancements

Thanks!

Viper works fine

If you keep waiting on the next best phone then you're gonna keep waiting. Get the Note 3. I myself came from the Sprint Note 2 and the note 3 is definitely a decent upgrade. My next phone will be a Note 4 but there is still a way to go for that.