[Q] Chronic phone problems. Want to nuke the whole thing and start again.

Search This thread

gothmog1114

Jan 28, 2011
I have had inklings that something was a little off with my installation for a little bit. It has always been like pulling teeth to get a rom installed on my htc one, and for the most part I had to sideload everything I wanted to install.

I ran a snapshot of cyanogen for a while, but my phone refused to update to new versions. I got frustrated and installed the nocturnal GPE rom which worked fine for a few months, but recently would not connect to the networks. I attempted to run the factory reset command from TWRP, but the phone hung for an hour trying to erase the cache. Then when I restarted the phone, instead of seeing the boot screen for the GPE rom I had most recently installed, I saw the cyanogen boot screen.

I have had little luck reinstalling roms since then and also have some problems with the recoveries. I have to install CWM or whatever recovery I dont have installed to even get sideloading to work. I've installed the nocturnal GPE rom again, but when it gets to the screen to select English it just restarts without warning.

Right now I just want to know if it is possible to nuke everything but the bootloader and just start fresh from factory settings. I want the nightmare to be over!

I have done everything in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/htc-one/help/lost-signal-cache-boot-recovery-t2851707/post54949931

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad
I have had inklings that something was a little off with my installation for a little bit. It has always been like pulling teeth to get a rom installed on my htc one, and for the most part I had to sideload everything I wanted to install.

I ran a snapshot of cyanogen for a while, but my phone refused to update to new versions. I got frustrated and installed the nocturnal GPE rom which worked fine for a few months, but recently would not connect to the networks. I attempted to run the factory reset command from TWRP, but the phone hung for an hour trying to erase the cache. Then when I restarted the phone, instead of seeing the boot screen for the GPE rom I had most recently installed, I saw the cyanogen boot screen.

I have had little luck reinstalling roms since then and also have some problems with the recoveries. I have to install CWM or whatever recovery I dont have installed to even get sideloading to work. I've installed the nocturnal GPE rom again, but when it gets to the screen to select English it just restarts without warning.

Right now I just want to know if it is possible to nuke everything but the bootloader and just start fresh from factory settings. I want the nightmare to be over!

I have done everything in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/htc-one/help/lost-signal-cache-boot-recovery-t2851707/post54949931

Follow this guide.

Xenosis

Apr 12, 2011
Maybe you've got a whacked recovery. Reflash from fastboot from an md5 verified .img (make sure its m7wls version of TWRP). You should have no problems wiping any partition from within.

Reactions: StormyNight

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe you've got a whacked recovery. Reflash from fastboot from an md5 verified .img (make sure its m7wls version of TWRP). You should have no problems wiping any partition from within.