[APP] Simple Stopwatch and Timer [Android App 2.1+ ]

Search This thread

blub-blub

Nov 1, 2010
No, sorry, this was a misunderstanding.
The vibrate only mode works well. The other new notification stuff does not work at all.
So vibrate mode works but haptic feedback doesn't

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I am new to the forum and just built my first app, and I wanted to put it here for you guys to use and give me feedback about what you like, what you don't like if you think its useful?
    I hope this is the right forum and I am not breaking any rules by posting here.( I read the sticky first)

NEW! Interval Training Mode Added.

Unfortunately, I decided to go ad supported as I spent many weeks on this
    donations amounted to less that $4.00 :(

However I am offering the paid / donate version (no ads and can save more exercises in the interval training mode)
    free of charge to those who helped me and are continually helping me with the development of this via feedback and suggestions.
    Just email me and I will send you a copy.

Let me know what features you would like that this lacks.

Its a free Stopwatch with three modes
    1) Stopwatch with Lap Timer
    2) Countdown Timer
    3) Repeating Countdown Timer (Select repeating Timer when setting countdown time) E.g Alarm beeps every 1 minute, can be used for circuit training etc)

I also added a Lap Stats function which shows your fastest lap, slowest lap and avg speed.

Version 1.0.7 (update)

• Elapsed Time and Remaining Time on Notification Bar (Updates every minute) -c00ller
    • Fixed Menu Settings (User preferences should work now) - lots of reports about this one :)
    • Added Lap counter text in landscape mode. - fifarunner
    • Automatically remove zeros, when user enters time via keypad. - c00ller

Updates

• Added User Preferences to enable / disable haptic feedback
    • Changed the UI/ Layout a bit, you can now select modes by pressing icons at the bottom of the screen
    • Added a service that should keep the Stopwatch from timing out, I would really appreciate it if you can let me know if the problem still exists.
    • Added an option to allow the stop button to register as a lap.
    • Reduced the font size to make landscape mode work on LDPI devices
    More features coming soon...hopefully I will be able to roll out updates a bit faster in the future.

Features and Issues requested and pointed out by users...Thanks Everyone for your continuing feedback.

Current Issue
    -Need to create service to keep watch running in background [Gusar]
    -Landscape on ldpi devices not showing correctly [fiffarunner]

Feature Requests by Members
    -Add multiple timers [JVogler]
    -Fix Lap layout in landscape [Alouch]
    -Lap recorded on Stop and export laptimes [JimmyN]
    -Add vibration rather than sound option on alarm [A.Priori]
    -Save timers [treesurf]
    -Custom Alarm tones [beardedchild]

EDIT: I also forgot to mention I used a Tmobile G2 for my testing which has a hdpi screen, 480x800.. so if you guys with different screen resolutions and tablets can let me know if you have any problems with the way the program layout etc please let me know, I would really appreciate your feedback. I tried using the emulator but it would crash frequently on my pc.
    Screen shots

screenshot1is.png

screenshot2bz.png

screenshot3cp.png

screenshot4ab.png

Market Link

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.shawnbe.droidwatch
    qrcodeh.png

Hope you enjoy and feedback and suggestions would be really appreciated.
    I updated the code, I think this should take care off the force close when you leave the timer running and destroy the activity (using the back button rather than home button)

Other minor changes
    -instead of the alarm dialog to shut off the alarm, now you press the stop button
    -instead of the dialog with the zero warning, the set timer dialog shows up.

I hope this takes care of the force close
    Sweeeet! Simple, but does the job. And looks good while doing it too.

One problem: Exit the app while the countdown is running and when the timer reaches zero, I'm greeted by the alarm and a force close message.
    And a suggestion: An icon in the statusbar if there's a countdown running in the background.
    Thanks a million Gusar321. I will definitly look into that bug and thanks also for the suggestion, I really appreciate the feedback.
    I'm sorry, but I can't test the fc issue, as there's no way of getting no alarm sound back again :p

Another little thing I discovered. If I use the stopwatch, close the app without resetting the timer and open the app again the last time is displayed again. But the laps saved the last time are not displayed anymore. So either I would display the last time + the last laps or in stopwatch mode don't show the last time. I think in this mode it is not as necessary as in the other modes.