[Q] Is it ROM or phone?

Search This thread

TheSocalGuy79

Feb 9, 2011
Orange County, California
USB mass storage? I hate having my iPod connected to my car stereo. But can't plug my S3 in USB because it just charges my phone. It will not recognize my USB card. I can connect to bluetooth but don't want to keep messing with my phone while driving.

Sent from my Freeza MD4 Stock Rooted Galaxy S3

joeyhdownsouth

Apr 1, 2009
Creole State
I don't think phone will allow that, Just get a 20$ thumb drive. That's what I do, keeps from draining your battery also. I was streaming music from my house to my wd2go app, worked great, but a battery killer. I was using headphone jack tho. Have you tried using headphone jack?

sent from somewhere

Last edited:

TheSocalGuy79

Feb 9, 2011
I don't think phone will allow that, Just get a 20$ thumb drive. That's what I do, keeps from draining your battery also. I was streaming music from my house to my wd2go app, worked great, but a battery killer. I was using headphone jack tho. Have you tried using headphone jack?

sent from somewhere

Yes. Battery drain is not a issue since I have a car charger. The issue is I would like to control the music through my stereo, I don't want to mess around with the phone while driving.

CrfEpic4g

Mar 26, 2011
Fayetteville
When your are connected with blue tooth you should be able to control your music from the head unit...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

TheSocalGuy79

Feb 9, 2011
When your are connected with blue tooth you should be able to control your music from the head unit...

I can only change songs. Can't search music though. Display won't show up, could be my pioneer unit though. Oh well going to look for a thumb drive tomorrow.

CrfEpic4g

Mar 26, 2011
Fayetteville
I can only change songs. Can't search music though. Display won't show up, could be my pioneer unit though. Oh well going to look for a thumb drive tomorrow.

Oh yea nevermind my alpine is the same way and I just bought it three days ago lol.

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Wow. This is strange. It may be your car though, how old is it?
My sisters car is relatively new and whatever (Android or other that can mount storage) phone I plug into her "car-charger" will show a dialog as if I were plugging it into a computer (and gives me the different options including mounting and charging).

TheSocalGuy79

Feb 9, 2011
Wow. This is strange. It may be your car though, how old is it?
My sisters car is relatively new and whatever (Android or other that can mount storage) phone I plug into her "car-charger" will show a dialog as if I were plugging it into a computer (and gives me the different options including mounting and charging).

Well I have a after market stereo. Its about a year old. Maybe her car has the sync feature. I've noticed newer cars have the sync feature that is almost like having a computer in the car.