[Q] Disable smartcover behavior

Search This thread

Zaruski

Jul 1, 2014
I have a book cover my my Note 10 2014, and I find the smartcover behavior not so "smart". It is, in fact, extremely stupid and turns the screen on and off at completely random times. I don't have the same problem when it is off the cover. Props for Samsung for figuring out how to make it sense that it is in the cover (it is not just a light sensor) but the "smart" part of the feature is rather frustrating, and at times infuriating.

Thanks!

Zaruski

Jul 1, 2014
Hah. I paid $10 for mine, from China. Maybe that's why it doesn't work so well. Still, there really ought to be a way to disable way to disable any sort of "automatic" feature. For example, it is very easy to disable Smart Stay, Smart Scroll, Smart Pause, automatically connect to wifi, S Beam, NFC, and so on and so forth. All (or most?) of which are on from factory...

Reiman76

Jun 26, 2012
Muñoz
I have a book cover my my Note 10 2014, and I find the smartcover behavior not so "smart". It is, in fact, extremely stupid and turns the screen on and off at completely random times. I don't have the same problem when it is off the cover. Props for Samsung for figuring out how to make it sense that it is in the cover (it is not just a light sensor) but the "smart" part of the feature is rather frustrating, and at times infuriating.

Thanks!

Are you using an original Samsung book cover? Some third-party book covers don't have proper magnetic shielding at the front so when you flip it over it affects the screen on-off function of the tablet.