[Q] Moving data from one Asus Memo FHD to a new one

Search This thread

crimsondrac

Feb 28, 2011
Hi all,
About a month ago, I dropped my Asus Memo FHD 10. It only looked like it cracked the screen in the bottom corner where it hit the ground, but it seems there is some other internal weirdness going on. Anyway, I bought a new one and was wondering how hard it was to open them up and pull the drive out of the old one and stick it in the new one? Is that even possible? Would it just boot up since the hardware should essentially be the same? Just the old one was already rooted and I had everything setup the way I like it. Hate to have to go through all that again. Any help or tips would be appreciated. -Thanks-

kalpetros

Jul 21, 2013
35.34, 25.13
Hi all,
About a month ago, I dropped my Asus Memo FHD 10. It only looked like it cracked the screen in the bottom corner where it hit the ground, but it seems there is some other internal weirdness going on. Anyway, I bought a new one and was wondering how hard it was to open them up and pull the drive out of the old one and stick it in the new one? Is that even possible? Would it just boot up since the hardware should essentially be the same? Just the old one was already rooted and I had everything setup the way I like it. Hate to have to go through all that again. Any help or tips would be appreciated. -Thanks-

Theoretically it's possible but it requires some electronics knowledge etc. I would love to see someone do it.

Also there is always the risk of ruining your new device as well so even if you knew how to do it and you wanted to risk it I wouldn't advice it. Unfortunately the only safe way is to go through all that process again (root etc.).