gAppsInstaller - Froyo

Search This thread
Dec 3, 2010
Kapaa, HI
Yeah, my only complaint with v4: It was too easy. Nothing to workaround or gripe about. DLed the files, followed the instructions...

Worked like a charm!!!

Allen

dljor

Sep 11, 2010
on 101

did a reformat

after install v4, it says files copied reboot. then there's a 'low space' warning...

i have nothing on my 8gb...

after reboot, no apps were installed.

can someone help?

erichbitch

Sep 16, 2010
Germany (NRW)
I've got a question about "No Froyo Market"

Does that mean, i can't download App-Versions, which support Froyo "App 2 SD"?
Thats a hardly needed Function for my Archos 70

erichbitch

Sep 16, 2010
Germany (NRW)
@erichbitch so why don't you update to froyo?

I wanna update my Archos (get it Xmas) to Froyo 2.2 and then install gAppInstaller_v4

But in this thread is says:
Any apps that are in the Froyo Market are NOT included. Honestly, this is better as it makes a smaller appInstaller package and its more compatible.

What does that mean to me?
Can i only download Apps which arent movable to SD?
Or will i still be able to download Apps and move them to SD?

I don't understand what "Froyo Market NOT included" means to me

chrulri

Dec 7, 2010
It means, that apps like YouTube aren't included in this package. You can download them later with the Market so there is no reason to include them in the installer package

kenyu73

Mar 4, 2010
Upstate NY
Hi Cajl

thanks for response.

I have nothing installed on it. The internal memory is 6.9 gb.

system memory is: 3.35 MB

why is this happening?

Which option did you choose in the gAppsInstaller? Did you choose 'core and apps.zip'? Do you have a 'apps.zip' file on your internal memory??

Noboby should really be using the apps.zip unless they know what they're doing. I recommend a reset via settings or via power/volumn then do it again and make sure you choose "core apps only"

MoonPhantasm

Dec 1, 2010
There's also a possibility that he didn't do a full reinitialization, thus possibly leaving stuff from previous install.

dljor

Sep 11, 2010
Which option did you choose in the gAppsInstaller? Did you choose 'core and apps.zip'? Do you have a 'apps.zip' file on your internal memory??

Noboby should really be using the apps.zip unless they know what they're doing. I recommend a reset via settings or via power/volumn then do it again and make sure you choose "core apps only"

greatly appreciate your response.

I believe i chose the 'core apps only' option. i didn't download the apps.zip that you post online.

I will give it another try. but i've been doing power/volumn up all the time, before each trial...

usually i don't have problem replicate you guys' wonderful work, this is the first time that i feel very helpless and frustrated.

kenyu73

Mar 4, 2010
Upstate NY
greatly appreciate your response.

I believe i chose the 'core apps only' option. i didn't download the apps.zip that you post online.

I will give it another try. but i've been doing power/volumn up all the time, before each trial...

usually i don't have problem replicate you guys' wonderful work, this is the first time that i feel very helpless and frustrated.

It's something with your devices root file system, it must be. Perhaps doing a firmware format/re-install would clean up the issue.

Here is a link to the reformat instructions - http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=42036

dljor

Sep 11, 2010
Kenyu

Thanks for the great work and thanks for your response.

That's the instructions that I followed all this time.

I format the thing before every trial...

could it be a hardware issue? when I was in 2.1, it crashes constantly. that's why i decided to give 2.2 a try..

this time, i did format + reset android + reset android/storage.... we'll see what happens.

dljor

Sep 11, 2010
this is not related to the market hack, but after format the device,

I copied the aos file onto my 101. hit OK. But it says 'update failed (207)'

What's this mean?

format again, and this time the installation of firmware started, but it's been hanging at the restart screen for a while now...

how long does it usually take to do an appropriate firmware update? it doesn't seem to go anywhere.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** Archos Devices Only ***

This includes only the Market, Calendar, Talk, GenieWidget and "required gSync" files. Any apps that are in the Froyo Market are NOT included. Honestly, this is better as it makes a smaller appInstaller package and its more compatible.

You can download the following from the Market -- Gmail, VoiceSearch, YouTube and Maps(Navigation)

SUMMARY
    1. v5-Stable -- (recommended!)

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
    WARNING: If you've installed this or other gApps installers, you may have to RESET to successfully install gAppInstaller.

Note: You may get an error when you first open the Market, ignore the error. It may also take a few minutes before the Market updates from 2.09 to the current version.

1. Download - http://code.google.com/p/archos-apps-installer/downloads/list
    2. Copy download to your device via USB (if you didnt download directly using your Archos)
    3. Use 'Files' app to locate gAppsInstaller, then execute/install it
    4. Choose install core apps or choose to install your own packaged 'apps.zip' file located on the internal drive (not sdcard). There maybe a short delay after you tap an install button (its installing and you'll be notified when its done, about 5-10 seconds)
    5. REBOOT!!
    6. Sign into Market (Google Account Login)
    7. Follow the Market FIX instructions below

MARKET FIX:
    This will get you most missing apps from the market, except some "protect market apps" like NYTimes.

1. Setting-->Manage Applications-->All-->Market (Clear Cache then 'Force Stop' -- DO NOT clear data)
    2. Setting-->Manage Applications-->All-->Google Services Framework (Clear data then 'Force Stop')
    3. REBOOT again

Market Fix video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-nySibzeA&feature=player_embedded#!

If you do this correctly you will find most missing apps like 'Copilot Live USA' in the Market. However, some apps require certain features (like a GPS or Cell chip) and will not show up in the Market. Basically, if you search for application "MyGPS" and "MyGPS" is coded to REQUIRE a GPS chip, then the Android market will NOT show this app in the Market for our Archos Device because is lacks a GPS chip.

MARKET LANGUAGE FIX (unverified):
    Once you install the Market, it will probably be in English only. You may be able to fix this by putting your device into English via Settings menu, then put the device back into whatever other language you require.

RESET DEVICE:
    Follow these instructions to reset your Archos Gen8: http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=42437&start=0
    For whatever reasons, I cannot put together a working Wifi NetworkLocation and 2.2.7 Market. I've tried dozens of combinations and nothing works :mad:

Hi kenyu,

i have 2.2.7 market and a working wifi location.
    I've used your old V3 installer but with the attached NetworkLocation.apk
    Once installed, has automatically updated my market to 2.2.7 and the wifi location continue working.

Bye

Sergio
    12/23/2010:
    v5 released and appears stable. This is the last froyo version since the Market auto-updates and NetworkLocation works.
    have you see the new version of the market 2.2.6

impossible to install this apk alone

Yes, I have the newer Vender.apk and I played around with it but it just FCs. There are a few different flavors of Vendor.apk and it has to be compatible with the other apk framework/gSync files.
    so why can't we do this if we've done the other installer?

I posted this in another thread...
    kenyu73 said:
    You can try a re-install over gApps4Archos, but typically it causes the Market to crash alot or not even start (it pops open then dies).

I've come to think that different Market apks(Vendor.apk) have different internal keys of some sort that get initialized in the android core database. If you try to install a different flavor of Vendor.apk, you get crazy results.

My v4 version of the core apps is a Cyanogen bundle and is prob different then gApps4Archos2 or even my v3 version.

Like I said try to update.. if it fails then reset and start over.