[Q] couple of questions

Search This thread

xRoyle

Jun 1, 2014
So I'm new to android after having an iPhone for the past 4 years and decided I wanted a change. I couldn't decide between the z2 and the m8. I've had a HTC before and it was quite possibly the worst phone I've ever owned (hero) however I loved sense. And the xperia ui just seems too plain for me. So im wondering, if rooted would I be able to put sense 6 on my z2? Would it work the way it should or would there be limitations?

I was also wondering about the whole kid mode thing on sense / touchwiz. Can this be changed into a sort of profile for the phone? So I could have it set to my profile and have everything open to me or set it to another and have half of my stuff different. (Ie apps, logins, etc etc ) basically like having different log ins to a PC.

And my final question is; can you get the phone to have an iOS control panel (slide from the bottom). That was ridiculously helpful and its missed greatly!

On a different note, my double tap to wake can be a little off by not working and I've had a couple of occasions where my phones been in my pocket for a while and it failed to wake up (double tap or physical button) have Sony addressed these issues and is there going to be a fix? From what I can gather the double tap is a certain builds issue. I've also got a gap in the bottom left and the phone overheats shooting 4k. I'm not too bothered by the overheat but I still expected more for a flagship phone. /:

I'd send it back but I'm worried id receive a phone with even worse problems. /: almost makes me wish I'd got the m8!!

CenteaOSD

May 24, 2014
Beenleigh,QLD/Chigasaki(JPN)
Yes there is some ported Blinkfeed from Sense6. (didn't work for me anyway) Otherwise You can try Golauncher or something else.

2nd question kid mode isn't pre-installed in this phone, not sure about what kid mode does. But I found an apps that you can try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zoodles.kidmode

3rd question you can't have exactly same things as ios, but you might like PieControl.... it's something different from what you expecting.... you may also try SmallApps(with Sony UI)

Double tap to wake is working fine for me and it should work without any problem. Before you messed it up rooting or flashing I recommend you to take it to shop and ask.

4k overheating is normal and gap is fault. Definitely you can get new XZ2. Gap issue is not good with waterproof.

Last edited:

xRoyle

Jun 1, 2014
Yes there is some ported Blinkfeed from Sense6. (didn't work for me anyway) Otherwise You can try Golauncher or something else.

2nd question kid mode isn't pre-installed in this phone, not sure about what kid mode does. But I found an apps that you can try

3rd question you can't have exactly same things as ios, but you might like PieControl.... it's something different from what you expecting.... you may also try SmallApps(with Sony UI)

Double tap to wake is working fine for me and it should work without any problem. Before you messed it up rooting or flashing I recommend you to take it to shop and ask.

4k overheating is normal and gap is fault. Definitely you can get new XZ2. Gap issue is not good with waterproof.

I mean, once rooted is there a way I can put sense6 on my phone as a whole? Not just blinkfeed..
Yeah, I've seen with a few security apps that you can password protect particular apps and stuff but I was wondering if there was a way you could have different profiles set for the phone which youd have to log into for example.
Thanks for the info, I shall give those two a go! :)
Yeah, I think I'll go into a three store tomorrow. Is there a production line that's fault free so far?

Thanks for the help so far, sorry if I didn't make my original questions clear enough!

CenteaOSD

May 24, 2014
Beenleigh,QLD/Chigasaki(JPN)
I mean, once rooted is there a way I can put sense6 on my phone as a whole? Not just blinkfeed..
Yeah, I've seen with a few security apps that you can password protect particular apps and stuff but I was wondering if there was a way you could have different profiles set for the phone which youd have to log into for example.
Thanks for the info, I shall give those two a go! :)
Yeah, I think I'll go into a three store tomorrow. Is there a production line that's fault free so far?

Thanks for the help so far, sorry if I didn't make my original questions clear enough!

Sorry it's my misunderstood. Yes there is no sense poted rom for XperiaZ2 and there will be no sense ported rom in future,I bet.

I've seen Sense Ported ROM on GalaxyS2 but it's discontinued..... so it's very difficult to port it.

Have fun with your XperiaZ2! And have a nice day!