Easy Root Method for 4.4.2?

Search This thread

Sadman Khan

Feb 1, 2012
I have searched all over. But i haven't found a single "easy" way to root the latest firmware. Rooting on Samsung phones etc. is really easy. Why is it so complicated on Sony? For every new firmware, there is downgrading involved or it's all related to bootloader unlocking. That's not easy for most people here. I see this issue with every new Xperia phone. The older ones had easy methods. Did Sony increase security or something?

Sent from my C6802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
I have searched all over. But i haven't found a single "easy" way to root the latest firmware. Rooting on Samsung phones etc. is really easy. Why is it so complicated on Sony? For every new firmware, there is downgrading involved or it's all related to bootloader unlocking. That's not easy for most people here. I see this issue with every new Xperia phone. The older ones had easy methods. Did Sony increase security or something?

Do you know why Microsoft kept releasing a bugfix update now and then for Windows OS? Yes that's because there are security hole that can be attacked by hacker. Now Android on itself is not a platform built with security in the first place, so each manufacturer needs to protect their business (read: minimizing return rate caused by user fault) by securing their devices. It is easy for Samsung to be rooted (read: hacked) because they don't develop a security bugfix for them. I don't know about KNOX equipped device but if we count the news that Blackberry is still the number one the most secured device for the White House instead of Samsung now you can see why. It is harder to hack Sony too, because of its unremovable battery nature.

It actually is much clearer with Sony, that if you are willing to root, then void your warranty. If not just let Sony take care of your problems and keeping the warranty intact. Plus with recent Android build, there's less a motivation to do root anyway to operate the phone on daily basis.

So no i disagree if you put Samsung as the better company just because of its less secured ROM. Plus rather than whining, a contribution to hack Sony's ROM would be more useful. Don't wait, try it yourself to see how hard it is to break Sony's ROM.

Sent from my C6802 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Ali Shayzadag

Sadman Khan

Feb 1, 2012
I was just curious as to why it's easier and harder in different cases. You don't have to call me whiny for that. Also i didn't call samsung a better company. I am a long time Sony user and have used three of their phones yet. I could root the former ones, Live and SP, easily. But rooting on Ultra is QUITE a hassle.
And my question was if they increased security as i am curious about this. And believe me, if i knew as much as NUT and DoomLord about android development, i'd have tried. However my knowledge is rather limited. Knox equipped devices are also easy to root by the way. It took me 5 minutes to root a Note 3. But that's not my point. I think android should be more accessible as it IS open source. And if i judge phones based on ease of rooting, i'd have gone for Samsung but we both know that is never a deciding factor. Having root is a plus point.

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
I was just curious as to why it's easier and harder in different cases. You don't have to call me whiny for that. Also i didn't call samsung a better company. I am a long time Sony user and have used three of their phones yet. I could root the former ones, Live and SP, easily. But rooting on Ultra is QUITE a hassle.
And my question was if they increased security as i am curious about this. And believe me, if i knew as much as NUT and DoomLord about android development, i'd have tried. However my knowledge is rather limited. Knox equipped devices are also easy to root by the way. It took me 5 minutes to root a Note 3. But that's not my point. I think android should be more accessible as it IS open source. And if i judge phones based on ease of rooting, i'd have gone for Samsung but we both know that is never a deciding factor. Having root is a plus point.

Are you sure that SP is easy to root? Well maybe because it was started with 4.1.2 so it is an old firmware to get started. On Ultra, the situation is more or less the same with all the Z series.

I agree with the stance that Android should be more easier to root (or in fact why don't they bake superuser from the beginning of time, just like Windows administrator account?). But maybe it's like all or nothing solution. Plus a smartphone is not a geek's dream anymore, so more casual people to use it compared to a computer, which bring us to avoiding Linux complexities for the masses. That being said, Sony does really enforce the security aspect of their devices. It's not a coincidence to hear the Xperia For Business Program was launched recently after all the latest firmware update got rolled.

Sadman Khan

Feb 1, 2012
Yes i know unlocking is easy. VERY easy but. But i'd like to keep my partition intact. Which means going to a previous rootable firmware, then to root it, backup TA and then to unlock bootloader. Then i have to upgrade again and root.
Can anyone tell me which firmware version can be rooted normally on Z Ultra (involves no downgrading from that version)?

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Yes i know unlocking is easy. VERY easy but. But i'd like to keep my partition intact. Which means going to a previous rootable firmware, then to root it, backup TA and then to unlock bootloader. Then i have to upgrade again and root.
Can anyone tell me which firmware version can be rooted normally on Z Ultra (involves no downgrading from that version)?

The .532 firmware is the one to root, see my downgrade thread for less headaches with IMEI.

Once you have backed up the TA and unlocked the bootloader there is no need to downgrade or do odd things again. All you have to do is update via FTF, flash kernel/recovery and then flash SuperSU/superuser from recovery.

Admittedly we do have to wait for a kernel to be released that has RIC disabled, but that is normally only a day or 3 after the firmware release (the same fix is needed on Z1/Z2 so comes quite fast)

Reactions: Sadman Khan

Sadman Khan

Feb 1, 2012
Okay thank you. I shall wait for a while longer then

Lc1975

Aug 4, 2011
Porto
How to find out whether the phone bootloader is locked or unlocked on a newly bought phone?

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Just write this on phone:

*#*#7378423#*#*

Bootloader unlock Allowed: YES (can unlock)

Bootloader unlock Allowed: NO (can't unlock)

Bootloader unlocked: YES (unlocked)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Do you know why Microsoft kept releasing a bugfix update now and then for Windows OS? Yes that's because there are security hole that can be attacked by hacker. Now Android on itself is not a platform built with security in the first place, so each manufacturer needs to protect their business (read: minimizing return rate caused by user fault) by securing their devices. It is easy for Samsung to be rooted (read: hacked) because they don't develop a security bugfix for them. I don't know about KNOX equipped device but if we count the news that Blackberry is still the number one the most secured device for the White House instead of Samsung now you can see why. It is harder to hack Sony too, because of its unremovable battery nature.

It actually is much clearer with Sony, that if you are willing to root, then void your warranty. If not just let Sony take care of your problems and keeping the warranty intact. Plus with recent Android build, there's less a motivation to do root anyway to operate the phone on daily basis.

So no i disagree if you put Samsung as the better company just because of its less secured ROM. Plus rather than whining, a contribution to hack Sony's ROM would be more useful. Don't wait, try it yourself to see how hard it is to break Sony's ROM.

Sent from my C6802 using xda app-developers app
    So basically Sony is increasing the security. Thank you for your time. :)

The .532 firmware is the one to root, see my downgrade thread for less headaches with IMEI.

Once you have backed up the TA and unlocked the bootloader there is no need to downgrade or do odd things again. All you have to do is update via FTF, flash kernel/recovery and then flash SuperSU/superuser from recovery.

Admittedly we do have to wait for a kernel to be released that has RIC disabled, but that is normally only a day or 3 after the firmware release (the same fix is needed on Z1/Z2 so comes quite fast)