2012/08/22【ROM Release】【U8800 Pro】B876_KALO_Extreme (Porting Huawei Honor)

Search This thread

linomaniac

May 15, 2008
Updated installation instructions didn't help, or I didn't understand it completely, cause I didn't have an option to mount "Mount USB sdcard;" I had "mount /sdcard" or "mount usb storage" - witch gave error (can remember exact error msg) and what about usb cable... is it ok to keep it plugged during cwm operation and updateing restoring ROMS?

Anyway i did update to B572... and have a question: do I need to install cwm again? if i want to try this or other rom?

hi, on my phone the "mount sdcard" does not work too, i can only work with internal storage, my microSD is 8GB kingston class4, but when i want to format using cwm, it allows only 4 gb, maybe there is a problem with capacity limit? With 5027 cwm i am not able to mount usb storage, it works only with 5504 cwm. So reject the sdcard and use only internal sd or try to use the 5504 version.

Zaic

Jan 5, 2012
so to be absolutely clear:

Now I have B572

I need to put cwm again, try installing from sd card, if failed I can safely install from internal sd card...

Can someone confirm that installing rom from internal sd card is safe?

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
A basic rule for all

CWM Recovery has a bug: before mounting your external sdcard you have to reboot the recovery.
Anyway, if you follow my installations steps on the first message of this topic, you will install any rom without problems.
Please pay attention when you want to "play" with your external sdcard.
A reboot is needed.

kalo86

Reactions: linomaniac

korekore1

Mar 20, 2012
very good rom!I was using the mengluole fix rom ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1530817 ) until now,but your version is pretty much set up the way i like it!

The only thing i will miss is the Sony camera engine that was in the mengluole rom,that really made the camera excellent..any idea of how to implement this on your rom?Can the code be extracted from the mengluole rom?

Thanks and keep it up!

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
very good rom!I was using the mengluole fix rom ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1530817 ) until now,but your version is pretty much set up the way i like it!

The only thing i will miss is the Sony camera engine that was in the mengluole rom,that really made the camera excellent..any idea of how to implement this on your rom?Can the code be extracted from the mengluole rom?

Thanks and keep it up!

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback!
I will learn more about the Sony Camera Engine, for sure! I'm just using Sony Bravia Engine and I think that I will implement this new camera engine to complete the multimedia set about Sony ;)
100% for the next release v1.1
Regards,

kalo86

Reactions: korekore1

Zaic

Jan 5, 2012
just to be clear, I tried rebooting cwm 3-4 times - no use.. but it might be the buggy B512 or something.... now since I'm on B572 and missed calls are gone, Ill be happy to try this ROM when its 1.1 because I don't like customize my TFS shell everyday :)

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
just to be clear, I tried rebooting cwm 3-4 times - no use.. but it might be the buggy B512 or something.... now since I'm on B572 and missed calls are gone, Ill be happy to try this ROM when its 1.1 because I don't like customize my TFS shell everyday :)
Hi Zaic,
if CWM recovery doesn't recognize your external SDcard, you can install any zip from the internal one.
Anyway I'm uploading v1.1 with the complete set of Bravia Engine by Sony.
Stay tuned! I'll release two zip files:

1) Update package from B876_KALO_v1.0 to B876_KALO_v1.1;
2) Full installation package B876_KALO_v1.1

Be patient ;)

zontovolo

Mar 4, 2012
install related

The installation process is the same as the V1.0?

Update for B876_KALO_v1.0 from v1.0 to v1.1, i donwload the zip that is 244 kb?

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
In you install the full update the installation is the same as v1.0;

if you update from v1.0 to v1.1 simply wipe Dalvik Cache and then install the zip.

zontovolo

Mar 4, 2012
ok thanks trying it now :D

can you please explain what is the sony bravia engine thingie about? :D

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

hmm i m having problem again like yesterday. i apply the update from internal SD tho the 244 kb zip but when i boot to andoid still at phone there is Kalo B876 V1 not 1.1 what i do wrong again? :S

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

i did it exactly as the installation guide says with USB and external sdcard still phone info at KAlo v1.0 :S

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
I'm sorry but I forgot to rename 1.0 to 1.1
I'm going to upload a new update file to fix the version name.
No worries anyway ;)

zontovolo

Mar 4, 2012
i updated from b512 i think you will be ok :D

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

No worries anyway ;)

So updated passed but only the phone info is not correct?

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
Yes, only the version info is obsolete, still v1.0.

Edit: Update the download list page with a fixed version of the update package (now it shows correctly the version v1.1)

Last edited:

korekore1

Mar 20, 2012
No worries anyway ;)

Hello again!Did you include the Sony Camera Engine like in menguole rom in version 1.1?!That would be excellent,as i am testing your rom all day and it seems flawless!

I replaced the kernel with one that allows overclock (geno's 2.6.35.7) to add some boost for some heavy games,do you think that this may cause any problems?

The only thing i noticed was when i installed titanium,setcpu and ram managerpro,i had to click accept root access multiple times till superuser get it.What do u think about this?Other than that unrelated issue,your rom is the best i think at the moment

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
Hello again!Did you include the Sony Camera Engine like in menguole rom in version 1.1?!That would be excellent,as i am testing your rom all day and it seems flawless!

I replaced the kernel with one that allows overclock (geno's 2.6.35.7) to add some boost for some heavy games,do you think that this may cause any problems?

The only thing i noticed was when i installed titanium,setcpu and ram managerpro,i had to click accept root access multiple times till superuser get it.What do u think about this?Other than that unrelated issue,your rom is the best i think at the moment

I really don't know the menguole rom, but in v1.1 I think to have completed the multimedia management with Sony Bravia Engine.
You can use geno's kernel, but maybe it for this cause that you have to answer multiple times to SuperUser...
Please have a try with my kernel and write your feedback.
I never had issues with Superuser.
Regards,

kalo86

PS: If someone downloaded the update package v1.0 @ v1.1, please download the newer version which fixes the version name in phone info! Sorry for the drawback.

korekore1

Mar 20, 2012
I really don't know the menguole rom, but in v1.1 I think to have completed the multimedia management with Sony Bravia Engine.
You can use geno's kernel, but maybe it for this cause that you have to answer multiple times to SuperUser...
Please have a try with my kernel and write your feedback.
I never had issues with Superuser.
Regards,

kalo86

PS: If someone downloaded the update package v1.0 @ v1.1, please download the newer version which fixes the version name in phone info! Sorry for the drawback.

Your kernel is working great i used it!The superuser issues are from my replacement of the kernel,not a big issue in my opinion,give and take!

So does the Sonia Bravia Engine fix improves the videocamera recording or just the photos?
The one i mentioned before in my earliest post,from the mengluole rom,completely smooths out video recording,no tiny glitches anymore,super stable recordings with smooth scrolling.

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
Your kernel is working great i used it!The superuser issues are from my replacement of the kernel,not a big issue in my opinion,give and take!

So does the Sonia Bravia Engine fix improves the videocamera recording or just the photos?
The one i mentioned before in my earliest post,from the mengluole rom,completely smooths out video recording,no tiny glitches anymore,super stable recordings with smooth scrolling.
In "theory" Sony Bravia Engine should improve video recording quality and pictures from camera.
I'm noticing differences between before (with v1.0) and after (with v1.1).
Please test these features ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2012/08/22【ROM Release】【U8800 Pro】B876_KALO_Extreme (Porting Huawei Honor)

Hello Dear Community!
    Today I decided to share my work, a customized rom based on the latest Gingerbread official ROM of the Huawei Honor U8860.
    This porting wants to be the most light possible, avoiding the Huawei traces and trying to make difference with stability, speed and zero bugs.
    This is a list of the rom features:

- Based on Gingerbread 2.3.6 – Official B876 (Firmware Huawei Honor U8860);
    - Root permanent permission;
    - Overclock kernel;
    - Unlocked FPS limit (30 @ 55);
    - Zipaligned apks;
    - Added BusyBox;
    - Removed Gallery 3D and replaced with QuickPic;
    - Removed Huawei Launcher and replaced with Zeam Launcher;
    - Corrected APNs list (only the Italian Internet Wind apn);
    - Edited carrier name "Wind Telecomunicazioni Spa" into "WIND";
    - Edited carrier name "Telecom Italia SpA" into "TIM";
    - Edited carrier name "Hutchinson H3G Italia" into "3 ITA";
    - Removed the stock Browser and replaced with Dolphin Browser HD;
    - Updated Market (now Google Play), Google Search Box, FlashPlayer;
    - Removed Social Huawei and other apks from the stock rom;
    - Increased performance by editing build.prop;
    - Enabled HDR function on camera;
    - Removed File Browser and replaced with Root Explorer;
    - Independence of the /cust partition;
    - Removed WPS function on WiFi section;
    - Removed ipcall function;
    - Added the battery percentage on the status bar;
    - Stock Android Gingerbread lockscreen;
    - Removed the energy saving function;
    - Bypass of the Android Settings Wizard;
    - Optimized the GPS config for Europe;
    - Tethering WiFi is available and works fine;
    - Added by default the Quick Settings Widget in the notification bar;
    - FM Radio works fine;
    - Added function Volume Rocker Screen Wake Up;
    - A new graphic for Contacts and Phone applications;
    - Removed Fast Boot option;
    - Patched the libsqlite.so for better performances;
    - Disabled bugreports generation in kernel ramdisk;
    - Permanent Root Access;
    - No more is needed SuperUser.apk for root-based applications;
    - The default video codec for High Video Recording Quality is H264;
    - The default audio codec for High Video Recording Quality id AAC;
    - Edited the carrier name "Sonaecom - Serviços de Comunicações, S.A." into "Optimus";

PREREQUISITES - ATTENTION PLEASE

a) ROM
    Gingerbread 2.3.5 Stock Huawei version (B512, B521, B540, B552, B565, B572)
    or any customized Gingerbread ROM (CyanogenMod, MIUI, 2.3.5, 2.3.6, 2.3.7)
    or any ICS Rom (DZO Aurora, Genokolar MIUI v4);

b) Recovery
    CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7
    If you have the stock recovery, you will not be able to install any customized ROM. So, you have to do these steps: download the CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7 (previous link to download the file), power off your device and turn on into Pink Screen Mode (holding down VOL+, VOL- and Power button). Plug in your usb cable to your pc and wait for the automount of the new drive. Navigate to the /image folder and rename the stock "recovery.img" into "recovery.bak".
    Now simply copy the CWM Recovery into the /image folder and be sure that its name is "recovery.img", otherwise you have to rename it into "recovery.img".
    Unmount the periferic, remove the usb cable and extract the battery to shutdown the phone. That's all.
    You can verify the new recovery installation entering in recovery mode (holding down VOL+ and Power button).

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR FULL PACKAGE

0) Make sure that you have installed all prerequisites;
    1) Download the zip file of the rom with your pc;
    2) Shutdown your smartphone and to be really sure unplug the battery;
    3) Insert your battery and power on your smartphone into recovery mode holding down VOL+ and the power button (be sure that you have the CWM 5.0.2.7);
    4) Go to advanced ---> reboot recovery;
    5) At the new recovery boot go to "mount and storage";
    6) Mount usb storage;
    7) Plug in your usb-microusb cable;
    8) Copy the downloaded zip file into the external sdcard;
    9) Wipe data/factory;
    10) Wipe cache;
    11) Wipe Dalvik Cache;
    12) [OPTIONAL if you experience a huge battery drain only] Wipe Battery Stats;
    13) Go to "mount and storage", then "format /system";
    14) Install zip from sdcard;
    15) choose zip from sdcard and select the downloaded zip file;
    16) Install complete!
    17) reboot system now.

Please wait about 2 minutes for the install process and be patient for the first boot.
    At the first boot the default language has been set to English. This choise because the rom needs to be more international possible.
    Anyway the rom is multilanguage and offers the default available languages of the stock Android base-rom.
    The default keyboard is the stock Android Latin.

DOWNLOAD
    Date: 2012/08/22
    File name: B876_KALO_Extreme.zip
    Changelog: Increased the 3G speed, fixed the network dropping from 2G/3G, updated applications.

If you appreciate my work and want to thank me, please send a donation, it's a huge reason to keep alive this Android project for U8800 Pro.

DONATE (PayPal)

FaceBook Group Page -----> KALO ANDROID U8800 Pro

Special thanks:
    - Genokolar (kernel and recovery Guru);
    - mik_os (libsqlite.so tweaks);
    - pikachukaki (theme creator and tester for his B876 based-ROM);
    - zontovolo (the best beta-tester I've seen!);
    - cuvetto (for the better audio experience);
    - merafly (for his advices and suggestions);
    - tasosmrs (for the modded phone.apk)
    - All users who are using/testing my releases;

SPECIAL THANKS TO DONATORS:
    - Nektarios Orfanidis;
    - Pavel Igorevich;
    - Denis Avetsuk;
    - Eugenio Livio;
    - José Alexis Morera Fernández;

Happy flashing!

kalo86
    well done
    i'm glad , because you put the ,, patched libsqlite ,, in your update (1.7) ...
    its a great work from ,, mik_os ( a great developer )
    i think that this version , gonna make even happier the users of your rom...
    i'm a fan of your work , even if i'm steel riding my horse ... :)
    congratsulations again ..

for those who still wondering what it does
    read this and i hope you'll understand.......

Android phones as the underlying database using sqlite3. sqlite3 writes efficiency is very low, because the sync feature turned on by default, and fsync() must be performed after each insertion, the resulting system efficiency is low, and the disk life is reduced.

I try to disable sync feature by default in exchange for greater IO performance and reduce disk consumption. While doing so may result in data integrity problems, but I still like to use it because most of the sqlite insert action can be completed within a few seconds, not too much to consider issues such as sudden power-down.

After modified, the time of insert 2000 records to sqlite3 db, from 1m11s reduce to 2s.

-----------------------------

With Android applications, the database operation is non-persistent, normal step in app is:
    1.open db
    2.do read/write
    3.close db
    with step3, the data in cache will be flush to disk. so user will not notice any sudden lag, always smooth.

With SYNC-ON, the db operation like this:
    1.open db
    2.1. write a record/do a transcation
    2.2. fsync()
    2.3. write a record/do a transcation
    2.4. fsync()
    3.close db/fsync()

with SYNC-OFF, operation like this:
    1.open db
    2.1 write a record/do a transcation
    2.2 write a record/do a transcation
    3. close db/fsync()

So, no-sync can significantly save IO time.
    hope you can do something!thanks

i think that you have the tools and knowledge to do it yourself ...
    take a look at this ...
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1411317

try it yourself , and tell me if you want something more ....

I FOUND IT
    download this ... http://www.mediafire.com/?2ues73f06ialncf
    i was made this for kalo's v1 , but i think its the same,, so you can use it ....
    unzip , and open the folder ..
    first make a BACKUP ,, and then put it via root explorer , in , system/framework .. (replace it with the existing one)
    give permissions ( rw-r--r-- ) , and reboot your phone ..
    dont worry , it needs 2-3 minutes to boot again ...

THIS IS ONLY FOR TERMAGAZIS
    IF HE TEST IT AND ITS OK ,,
    Then you can use it , all the others , users of this rom

so we'll have to wait , termagazis to respond , and tell us if it works
    TO ALL OF YOU , USERS OF THIS ROM ( KALO V1.6 )
    DOWNLOAD THIS
    http://www.mediafire.com/?7i3tjuvlgtayzrx

ITS a patched ,libsqlite.so for 2.3
    probably its gonna work....

just open root explorer and copy , libsqlite.so , to ,system/lib . ..
    replace it with the existing one and give permissions ( rw-r--r-- )
    wait , or reboot your phone .....

if this works , you're gonna love this rom , even more ...

HAVE A BACKUP ON YOUR SD CARD BEFORE TRYING THIS MODS...
    ALL GREDITS GOES TO
    Μik_os
    Ungaze

I just found it at this thread
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1000899

enjoy :D
    well.. friend , korekore1 ,, is right about MIUI dialer , its more than a theme ... ;)

so i decide to make a dialer for , KALO V1.8 ,, and probably gonna work also for V1.6 and V1.7 .....
    i took the .png's from , bluemagic theme ...

THEMED DIALER ... download
    http://www.mediafire.com/?eep3y6km85m57fe

and the , themed settings.apk , gonna work also for V1.8 ...
    http://www.mediafire.com/?7lkzal5skit8hvl

HOW TO INSTALL , the themed dialer ...

first , unzip ..
    then , via root explorer , COPY , the contacts.apk and phone.apk , and PASTE them to ,, system ,, give permissions (rw-r--r-- ) and then ,MOVE , both apps to ,, app ,, and replace them ... reboot and enjoy ...
    the path is ,, system/app ,, but we have to do the above trick to avoid force close before we give permissions ,, thats why we give permissions to ,, system ,, and then we move them to ,, app .... ( easy) :cool:

if someone could make screenshots , i appreciate it .... :)