[TUTORIAL]U8800pro , Flash Official Firmwares

Search This thread

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
Now I managed to get to official GB :( and it has bug for gsm connection. I keep getting out of reach.

I checked tutorial how to return to froyo (gkalenis tutorial) but it is for custom. how can I go back to froyo official from GB official?

I think with the same way as explained in first post .

Sent from my U8800Pro using xda premium

Neel Roy

May 1, 2013
Kolkata
Hi gkalenis,you always advice to flash B572 but i think i have problem of B572 whenever i try to flash official B572 my IMEI becomes 0..why it's happened..but in official B521 everything is good..

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
Hi gkalenis,you always advice to flash B572 but i think i have problem of B572 whenever i try to flash official B572 my IMEI becomes 0..why it's happened..but in official B521 everything is good..

I don't think that i advice anyone to flash B572 ...
For downgrade from ICS to GB you need step 2 from official gb ... so you can flash any step 2 you like.
BUT, for upgrade from froyo to GB, you need the full pack from an official GB ... so the full pack is only with B572 and B512 .... B521 hasn't have all needed steps for upgrade from froyo to GB ...
So B572, or B512 is the best pack for upgrade (froyo-gb).... and for downgrade (ics-gb) you can use any official you like.

Sent from my u8800pro using xda premium

Reactions: Neel Roy

cuvetto

Nov 12, 2012
Palermo
I don't think that i advice anyone to flash B572 ...
For downgrade from ICS to GB you need step 2 from official gb ... so you can flash any step 2 you like.
BUT, for upgrade from froyo to GB, you need the full pack from an official GB ... so the full pack is only with B572 and B512 .... B521 hasn't have all needed steps for upgrade from froyo to GB ...
So B572, or B512 is the best pack for upgrade (froyo-gb).... and for downgrade (ics-gb) you can use any official you like.

Sent from my u8800pro using xda premium

You made a mistake, I have the B521 version with all 3 steps as the B572 and B521 .....
This is the link: http://www.uloz.to/xL4HTXf/u8800pro-gb521-rar

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens

Rittik

Nov 5, 2011
Kolkata
play.google.com
i have written on the b928 thread..anyway gkalenis. here lemme copy paste it.
hey people. am getting a problem updating from gb to ics. i have cm7.2 gkalenis version. i am flashing ics step1. it just keeps on the unpacking screen and nothing happens. i can confirm the b865 gb installed by service centre had unlocked bootloader and i had installed twrp. i have tried flashing step2 or step1 both with or without battery. but it just stays in the unpacking screen the pink bar doesnt come like nothing happens. any idea what could be wrong? or what should i do here?

now after reading your instructions. i tried with the stock gb recovery too still the step1 or any steps basiccally doesnr unpack. it just stays like that no pink bar loading..tried for 5mins in the first step1 where it ususally takes 3-4secs...

here take a look. it is stuck right here...
Untitled_zps128800f7.png

Last edited:

pauliuxxx

Jan 8, 2012
i have written on the b928 thread..anyway gkalenis. here lemme copy paste it.

now after reading your instructions. i tried with the stock gb recovery too still the step1 or any steps basiccally doesnr unpack. it just stays like that no pink bar loading..tried for 5mins in the first step1 where it ususally takes 3-4secs...

here take a look. it is stuck right here...
Untitled_zps128800f7.png

its probably because of non-stock recovery

korekore1

Mar 20, 2012
They dont know anything abiut softwares only they know is hardware. And i had it earlier tok before upgrading to ICS.
And B865 is Indian GB

-Rik[Rittik]

try to format system first and use cwm5.0.2.7,make sure the file says update.app and not update_g.app in a fresh formatted sd card and do the installation with only the power cable and vol+- buttons

sent from Atari 2600

Reactions: gkalen

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
try to format system first and use cwm5.0.2.7,make sure the file says update.app and not update_g.app in a fresh formatted sd card and do the installation with only the power cable and vol+- buttons

sent from Atari 2600

He can do that ... but it's strange version (b865..:eek:) , never heard such a version, never ....:confused:

Sent from my U8800pro using xda premium

korekore1

Mar 20, 2012
He can do that ... but it's strange version (b865..:eek:) , never heard such a version, never ....:confused:

probably a local india version,like that old 2.2 lithuanian version,it should work the same unless it has some weird hidden locked stuff..!Or he could wipe the whole image folder if he has an old backup

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
I have the b865 image backup.. but the issue is if i format system and update.app fails again i cant boot into the device.

-Rik[Rittik]

Try what, korekore1 says or go to service center for upgrade to ics.
I think that you have problems, because of your official version.
In Greece the official GB is the international B521 .

Rittik

Nov 5, 2011
Kolkata
play.google.com
Official ics is not for India its for China and european versions. Thats the reason i cant go to Service centre. And according to korekore i will use CWM to wipe system? Then try flashing update.app?

-Rik[Rittik]

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

One more question to u guys. If i flash ICS rom on GB base will the rom boot up? And if it boots up and i change image in pink screen with official b928 ics image dumo then will it like completely work?

-Rik[Rittik]

gkalen

Apr 5, 2011
Athens
Official ics is not for India its for China and european versions. Thats the reason i cant go to Service centre. And according to korekore i will use CWM to wipe system? Then try flashing update.app?

-Rik[Rittik]

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

One more question to u guys. If i flash ICS rom on GB base will the rom boot up? And if it boots up and i change image in pink screen with official b928 ics image dumo then will it like completely work?

-Rik[Rittik]

It will not work like that ..
Probably the rom will boot, but no wifi , bluetooth, and some apk's will crash.

Did you try to flash step2 of an official GB (european version b521 or chinese b572)???

Maybe if you managed to flash, official GB, and after that probably you can upgrade to ICS.

likenatural

Dec 29, 2011
Again IMEI became '0' after flashing b521 from ics

I replaced recovery with stock recovery of 2.3 from image folder uploaded by gkalenis. But now again , my phone's IMEI is hsowing up as '0' . Last month only i had the same problem, and gave it to service center for 3 weeks. Now again, does it work from ics -> gb using stock recovery(2.3) , b521 dload . How its failing for me twice. And i dont know what to do next. Am really let off...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lots of people having problems to install Official Firmwares .
    So i decide to make a guide according my way .

NOTE
    Don't blame on me if something goes wrong , it's YOUR choise to do these modifications ... :p

THINGS YOU'LL NEED
    1. A micro sd card
    2. A card reader
    3. A laptop or pc
    4. Battery charged over 70%

UPDATE FROM FROYO TO GINGERBREAD

LET'S START
    1. Turn off the phone , and enter pink screen holding vol+ , vol- and power.
    2. Change the recovery.img with the stock recovery.img for your baseband ( if you are on froyo , you must put froyo's stock recovery.img , if you're on GB put stock GB recovery.img , etc .. )
    If you're with custom rom and you allready rename your stock recovery.img to "recovery_bak.img" or "recovery_backup.img" or anything else , then just delete the CWM recovery ( 5.0.2.7 ) , and rename stock recovery , to "recovery.img" .
    3. Remove battery and insert it again after some seconds.
    4. Connect your sd card with card reader and make a "dload" folder
    5. Inside "dload" folder , paste the step1 ( UPDATE.APP ) , and paste also step 2 by renaming it to ( UPDATE_g.APP ) .... rename it exactly as you see it.
    6. Put sd card in the phone
    7. Hold , vol+ vol- and power , until phone vibrates .
    8. The first step will finish almost immediately
    9. Remove battery and insert it again after some seconds
    10. Then , HOLD ONLY THE POWER ON BUTTON , until phone vibrates .
    11. After 3 seconds , phone will start to install step 2 , it needs almost 5-7 minutes to finish.
    12. Remove battery and remove sd card also
    13. Put sd card in the card reader and delete the contents of "dload" folder
    14. Now paste step 3 ( UPDATE.APP ) into "dload" folder.
    15. Insert battery and sd card .
    16. Hold vol+ vol- and power until phone vibrates
    17. Step 3 will finish in some seconds
    18. Remove battery and sd card
    19. Put sd card into card reader and delete "dload" folder
    20. Insert battery and sd
    21. Hold power on until phone vibrates and wait phone to boot.

TO DOWNGRADE FROM ICS TO GINGERBREAD.

GUIDE FOR DOWNGRADE FROM ICS (404029 baseband) , TO GB (404020 baseband).
    First of all you must be sure that you have imei and baseband.
    So, you must firstly flash a jb or ics based rom, like icedroid ( http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2240898 ) , or any other jb rom, just to have your baseband and your imei back.

NOTE THAT YOU MUST HAVE IMEI AND BASEBAND (404029) , TO PROCEED WITH DOWNGRADE
    After you're ok with imei and baseband, then you can follow the procedure for downgrade.
    if your imei is zero , or your baseband unknown , you cannot proceed with downgrade.

Before you do anything, first of all you must take a backup of your imei.
    Download 5iromtoolbox apk, from Pika's thread ... http://xdaforums.com/show...php?p=24668935 ... and make a backup of your imei.
    After that you can follow the procedure below to downgrade from ics to gb.

For example, if you're with icedroid rom , then ...

1. turn of the phone and remove sd card
    2. i suggest to use an empty sd card 2gb for downgrade (flash official GB )
    3. Connect your sd card with card reader on your pc and create a "dload" folder
    4. Inside "dload" folder , paste the step2 ( UPDATE_g.APP ) , and rename it to ( UPDATE.APP ) .. download Official GB here .. http://www.mediafire.com/?7dyy01dzy68ns94
    5. disconnect card reader and , Put sd card in the phone
    6. Hold , vol+ vol- and power , until phone vibrates .After 3 seconds , phone will start to install step 2 , it needs almost 5-7 minutes to finish.( alternatively you can do this without battery , by holding the 3 buttons compo and insert usb cable until phone vibrates).
    7. after installation completes , pull out battery and sd card
    8. delete 'dload" folder from sd card and insert it to phone again
    9. hold power on until phone vibrates
    10. wait phone to boot on official GB
    DONE

This is MY way on flashing official firmwares , i did it more than 7 times and having NO problems , everytime the installation will finished without a single problem.
    When i was using cwm recovery 5.0.2.7 i was having problems but when i use the stock recovery then everything went fine .

OFFICIAL IMAGE FOLDERS AND STOCK RECOVERIES.
    Download , Froyo and GB , Stock recoveries
    http://www.mediafire.com/?owq6o7yboclmagg
    Extract the "Stock recoveries.zip" , and you'll see the folders.
    Download stock Froyo and GB image folders
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b3qkwulqemswxfq
    Extract the "Froyo_GB_image_foders.zip" , and you'll see the folders
    Download . stock ICS image folder
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?89716wlkd7f668x
    Extract the "stockICSimage.zip" , and you'll see the folder.

Hope this guide help all users .... :cool:

Sent from my U8800 Pro using xda premium
    The previous recovery I had on my phone was the 3e, is it ok if I use that one? I don't know if it is the stock recovery tho, I'm not the first owner of this phone. I buyed it long ago to someone else and it came with Stock GB ROM, not with Froyo.

I hope this works for me! I'll test it right away. Thanks for sharing!

I can upload , froyo and gb stock recoveries ...
    You better wait until upload them.

Edit
    First post updated , download the .zip ....

Well i've tried with stock GB recovery and didn't work. it get stuck on step one and says "Update Failed" also the led start blinking in red. And after first time removing the battery and starting by pressing the ON button only the system starts normally (Kalo's extreme starts in my case like nothing happened)
    Step two never starts! Am I missing something?

I almost forgot to mention that inside the dload folder theres a new file called: sd_update.log
    it says this: Failure: OSBL°æ±¾¼ì²éʧ°Ü. dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!

Now I've tried this solution and my phone got F·/$!"ed up... :( only a blue screen is all I see.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37971111#post37971111

Never format boot ...
    You delete the contents of image folder.
    Get in pink screen , and put the files inside image folder again.
    Hope you have a backup of image folder on your pc .

edit
    here the stock image folders ( froyo and GB ) ... http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b3qkwulqemswxfq

Much apreciated dude! But it didn't work. Yes, I did a backup of my image folder but it didn't work either. So I did a complete reinstalation of Froyo through Roadkill's Disk Image and it worked! xD Now i can install updates without any trouble at all.. :D

Sorry dude but this is for U8800 pro ..
    You have a U8800-51 and you want to flash official firmware for U8800pro ...
    I don't know if the procedure is the same ..
    You have to tell that you have an U8800-51 , so users can help you ... i cannot help properly cause i have a Pro ..
    Use guides to flash roms for U8800-51 , it will be more helpfull for you ..

that's okay, but who told u about "update_g" thing? :eek:

Straight from my U8800PRO..
    Respect: qiwu
    Current ROM: ShenDu OS-121227-DEV [Android 4.1.2 (JB)]

This is known over a year ..
    I read it in a thread by matteo ....