Bluxu SteepleChase Version 1.0

Search This thread

hgbreton

Aug 11, 2010
Hi everyone,

Just released my first game on the Android Market, and wanted to know what people think! Most of the testing was done on an HTC Hero, so it would be good to hear from people running different hardware. There's a market link below and more details on my website (bluxu.com). Enjoy!

Description: SteepleChase is a race against the clock which tests your navigation skills to the limit! In this fun and frantic game you must find your way around a randomised course armed with only the most basic tools. Compete with your friends to obtain the highest score on a course of any length you want - from a wander round your neighbourhood to a road trip across America!

(Oh and here's an apk as well in case you want to install it yourself!)

** Version 1.0.1 now available (fixing most of the problems people have mentioned in this thread)! Updated apk file available below! **

Attachments

• game.png
    game.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 275
  • qrcode.png
    qrcode.png
    423 bytes · Views: 120
  • RatRace2.apk
    438.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

hgbreton

Aug 11, 2010
Thanks Berliner42. What did you think of it? Does it all work okay? Anyone else have any feedback - I'd be delighted to hear what you think!

mali100

Jun 3, 2007
Hi, i tried the app, seems interesting. I noticed, that the app doesnt close the gps after exiting. I had to kill the app app with the taskmanager.

barisahmet

Jul 23, 2009
Istanbul
Interesting!

Just a bug: When GPS is closed from PowerWidget, app just freezes (Froyo Rooted).

Edit: Only at first run. I cant press "Accept". After first run its okay, it asks for it :)

Hi, i tried the app, seems interesting. I noticed, that the app doesnt close the gps after exiting. I had to kill the app app with the taskmanager.

There is turn GPS of after exit, in the options.

Last edited:

Khoral

Nov 4, 2008
Noisy le Sec
Amazing idea :D There are so many people with crazy ideas, I like that xD

Will try it out tonight when I get home (I don't have USB rights on the work's PC :/)

Edit : I'm stupid, I didn't see the QR xD I'm downloading now :D

Edit 2 : If you don't activate the GPS on launch, then the app will freeze.
And I thought it would impose me a destination xD But choosing one is cool too :)

Last edited:

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Hi, I like this idea, and downloaded it from the market.

I have HTC desire and whenthe game starts the screen for the map is quite small (screenshot attached), and have to zoom out to see the waypoints and finish.. when zoomed out it it as again too small and hard to read...

I'm mainly wanting this for multiplayer, so am waiting anyway..just letting you know, if this is isn't supposed to be like it..

Thanks, Matt :)

Edit, can't upload pics from phone, will do it soon..

Last edited:

hgbreton

Aug 11, 2010
Thanks everyone for your feedback! I should be able to do a release to fix bugs at the weekend.

@barisahmet/khoral: thanks for your comments, i'll look into why it crashes on start-up if gps isn't enabled and fix it before the weekend

@khoral: i'll implement an option where it chooses a destination for you in a future release - thanks for the idea!

@mattmanwrx: it would be great to see a screenshot if you can get me one. i'll change the starting zoom level so the map doesn't start too zoomed in. The multiplayer version should be released around the end of January as an update on Android market (I'll post on here to remind people as well!)

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
I forgot to post them... email reminded me!

Attached!

Thanks

Second picture is the first snapshot (not zoomed at all, just as the game starts) seond snapshot is zoomed out (cant see the waypoints or the end).

Last edited:

hgbreton

Aug 11, 2010
Thanks for the screenshots - I'll look into why the map is so small on your device (it ought to fit most of the screen). Hopefully I'll release a fix at the weekend.

bmxmike

Nov 11, 2008
OKC
OG Droid: Bugless 0.6.1

Runs great, Haven't taken it out for a spin yet might do that tonight with friends. Few things you might add orientation so you can have it in landscape. Slide open and closed keyboard and that didn't cause any problems at all. Also some ideas, it being a game you may give it different difficulties like Easy: Option to view map open at no cost and a Hard: Option to view map comes at cost of points. Just a idea to add some options to it. Also Multiplayer I have some ideas if you would like to hear them just shoot me a pm. I really like this app and sure beats playing the penny game in my car when me and friends are bored.

Also might add disclaimer that you are not responsible for anything that happens during the course of the app like people speeding, running stop lights/signs, getting into wrecks. I think that most people are smart enough to know that they must obey the laws while using this. Just a thought for the 1% of people out their who try and always pin it on someone else

hgbreton

Aug 11, 2010
Thanks for the extra info mattmanwrx that should help me sort things out. And thanks for your feedback bmxmike, I'll definitely put those ideas into a future release.

Keep the feedback coming everyone! Cheers!

hgbreton

Aug 11, 2010
Update

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that we should have an online scoreboard system set up in the next release, which will be with you soon! In the meantime do let me know your thoughts and comments on the game, or leave me a review on the Market! Thanks for your support!