Sense 5 Speculation, News, Discussion Thread - All Others will Be Locked

Search This thread

mikronac.ns

Apr 25, 2012
Novi Sad

one-option

Jan 23, 2013
sense 5.0

Well i'm not sure about updating to Sense 5.0 ..... if it came out , Is it worth ?!

I'm happy with 4+, there should be good reasons to switch :confused:

Very early to suggest but the walkthrough I watched on YouTube by Phonedog, made it look very appealing well to me anyway

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
It does look appealing and I hope it might bring battery life improvements. Sense 4+ is great with Project Butter, way smoother then ICS but it's draining my battery more then usua: medium to no usage my phone is dead in 18 hours, hard usage 8 hours, whereas on ICS those figures would be 1 day 18 hours low to medium use and 20 hours heavy. Using Snapdragon BatteryGuru to see if it helps but it would be nice if Sense 5.0 brought better battery performance. Global variants will see Sense 5.0 but its a shame that HTC isn't even saying there'll be Sense 5 for carrier locked phones at all?

slainbybeats

Aug 6, 2012
AW: HTC Sense 5.0 rumours?

I think they just don't promise it because it is not 100 percent in their hands. ;)

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

csakthikumar

Nov 29, 2010
Bangalore
OnePlus 8 Pro
HTC One s Sense 5 WoW

Wondering if your HTC One X, One X+, One S or the Butterfly will be getting the new Sense 5 from the HTC One? Well, you don't have to anymore, as HTC has revealed that it does plan to do so.
Replaying to query on Facebook, HTC clarified that it does intend to update the above mentioned handsets with the new Sense 5 software features from the new HTC One, except for those tied to the hardware. We believe these may be the new camera related features such as Zoe but other than that you can look forward to the refreshed UI and the new HTC BlinkFeed.
As for the availability of the updates, HTC said it would be coming 'in the next few months'. Note, all the devices mentioned above are the international models. No information has been provided regarding the carrier specific versions of these devices.

<<<<<Source:: http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_sense_5_coming_to_one_x_one_x_one_s_and_butterfly-news-5624.php >>>>>

HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fingers-crossed:

Reactions: gelo01

devgee

Dec 5, 2011
AW: HTC One s Sense 5 WoW

Yeah we gotta wait another 7 months just like the Sense 4+ update

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S mit Tapatalk 2

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
Yeah we gotta wait another 7 months just like the Sense 4+ update

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S mit Tapatalk 2

Ha ha yeah maybe this time next year if we are lucky.... ill just buy the htc one and be done with it. Cause the one s will be outdated then no matter how good of a phone it is

NQNH

Sep 15, 2011
Hamburg
Wont these updates be available for branded phones:S ?

Dont branded phones also get the same updates as unbranded phones?

branded phones mostly get the updates too,
but you have to wait for it for ~weeks/month after the update for unbranded phones rolled out.

Reactions: omer7

omer7

Re: HTC Sense 5.0 rumours?

branded phones mostly get the updates too,
but you have to wait for it for ~weeks/month after the update for unbranded phones rolled out.

Yeah i know branded phones get it a little late.

But htc facebook post confused me that global variants of htc one s will receive the update in next few months. I thought may be it is only for unbranded phones.

This is my first branded phone, so has it ever happened in past that update was released by the company (htc/samsung or any other), and operator didnt approve it for their (branded) phones?

IntelligentAj

Dec 10, 2012
I doubt I'm the only who isn't excited for Sense 5, that Blinkfeed crap totally turned me off to Sense, and I was an ardent supporter until I got a custom ROM

shohamgal1

Feb 28, 2013
HTC ONE S - Sense 5 !!

MWC in Barcelona arrive at the end just in a few hours, the company that HTC booth with a respectable amount of One HTC devices and a considerable number of respondents to the press representatives and other attendees at the show. The device has aroused great interest not only for its design but also because of the metallic new user interface and intriguing Sense 5.0 which is placed on Android OS version 4.1 Jelly Bean. While the interface impressions were mostly positive, many were interested in whether the future will also Lien devices in 2012 of the company.
When we asked the company representatives if the interface Sense 5.0 will be the company's previous devices, they could not answer and respond decisively they anticipate it will somehow all models of the One X and to the Butterfly / DNA Droid declared at the end of the year. Target Sagi, an Israeli client's Facebook page asking the same question HTC already on the device's announcement-One, complied by the company that the new user interface devices also come One X One X +, One S and Butterfly. This morning, Android Police website whenever it with the company and brought the Gospel - Sense 5.0 user interface these devices will come later this year, though not entirely, just as by the company, reply Lliad Sagi.
"HTC will offer the upgrade to some device available in the coming months, including variations international versions of HTC One X One X +, One S and HTC Butterfly. Addition, it should be noted that some of the options of the new user interface will not be included in these devices due to the lack of hardware are being only on HTC One, "she wrote HTC Facebook page.
Probably functions as the HTC Zoe and interface devices BlinkFeed included upgrading the existing one, but others like Sense TV did not appear for lack of viewfinder infra - red. During the next few days we will post a video on first glimpse Sense 5.0 user interface which we present some of the changes and innovations that will bring.

Reactions: fatpanda0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    F**k you HTC ! :mad:
    @LlabTooFeR, a reliable leaker has stated the One S will be getting Android 4.2.2 with Sense 5.

Hooray!

e7egy5eg.jpg

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    Maybe if we all sent HTC messages like these...

Thought I'd send my very own complaint. This is what went to HTC Global

After using my HTC One C2 for nearly 10 months I have concluded that HTC have something good here. I was able to update to 4.1 Jelly Bean and much of my issues were solved. Then the bad news came...

Apparently there will be no more updates, for whatever reason. A phone only a year and a half old will no longer receive updates. I have looked everywhere for reasons and I find myself utterly and completely disappointed. Apparently, the very Snapdragon S3 I complained about so much after I bought this phone is the reason there will be no more updates. Do you know what this means? It means all the promises HTC made that there is no difference between the S3 and S4 versions has been rubbished.
    My disappointment is absolute. I have looked far wide for alternatives, and in the process I have discovered several THOUSAND people around the world who purchased the One S, several thousand that will never buy another HTC phone, no matter how good the phone is supposed to be. Why? Because support is terrible. Why save for months to buy a phone that will not be supported for more than a few months? If I had known it would be like this I never would have bought any HTC phone. Money doesn't grow on trees. It takes time and effort to put together the cash to buy a phone. 9 months after I may have to buy another phone just to stay technologically relevant. How can I be convinced to buy another HTC phone? Unless an update materializes for the one I currently use, then I cannot be convinced that the new one will not suffer the same fate. That means I will not buy another HTC phone. Motorola is starting to look good right now, or Xiaomi. Even Tecno (they may not update but they're cheap and easy to replace).

I suggest you forward this message to senior management, if you can. It is important not to forget the consumer when making and selling products. If the product cannot be trusted to withstand the test of time then it will not sell, no matter how good it is. The new HTC ONE looks looks beautiful and I love it, but I won't buy it. I loved the One S the same way last year. I saved for 5 months to buy it. And the disappointments outweigh the joys of having the phone. This is why HTC is losing money. New people are buying HTC phones, but old users are leaving in disappointment faster. Many of us bought the One S for its unique nature, and find ourselves shoved aside without any thought. After being decieved into buying a Snapdragon S3 One S, not getting at least a 4.2 Jelly Bean update and Sense 5 is too much to take. The Samsung Galaxy S3 came out about the same time and is likely to receive even 4.4 Kit Kat. And you wonder why HTC is losing money?

I want to use this opportunity to inform HTC that if the One S does not receive a 4.2 update very soon, I will not buy another HTC phone, ever. I will not sink my hard earned money into a phone that will become a toy in a year. And I speak for thousands of HTC phone users around the world. I currently have nine different people who want to buy my phone off me because of all the good things I had to say about it and I will be doing just that as soon as I can put together money for another, before the value of this one disappears. I can't praise a phone I no longer have faith in.

Do me a favour. Show me that HTC bothered to read this by sending me a proper reply, not an automated one. And don't send apologies. If there is no good news, don't reply at all.

Thank you...
    I've read in german forums that the HTC One S/X/X+ will get updates in the next months which will including:

- Blink Feed
    - Additional camera features
    - Zoe (full automatic video editor)
    - and hopefully more?

the article also says that the update will NOT include all features of Sense 5.

for the german folks:
    http://www.techstage.de/news/HTC-Sense-5-BlinkFeed-und-Zoe-Update-fuer-aeltere-Android-Phones-1806391.html

for the english people:
    sry, I don't find a link with the same content
    Yeah baby! Lets rock n roll! :) <3

uploadfromtaptalk1371038144749.jpg

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2