NextBook Next2-Next3/Prestigio PMP3084B/Odys Genesis -Eclare, Froyo, Gingerbread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

donaldj83

Feb 27, 2011
CT
first install of prestegio on a nextbook3

updating the next book 3 with the batch upgrade using the prestegio pmp3084B image works
it changes the entire boot screen (eck too meny colors lol)
touch screen works
it dose have an ota service option so you can update it over wifi
wifi works
has a lock screen
sound works
alot of bloat ware on it as well

the build number is v2.1.2.eclair.eng.root.20110319.134801

ill use androot to try n soft root it like i did the next 3 version and see if i can pull the images i need out of it

Reactions: y2k-inc

y2k-inc

Feb 20, 2011
I'm trying to load all the ROM : prestegio, odys & you ROOTED room ... they all boot up and work with my Next 3 (only 2GB internal), but the ROM are for 4GB internal so all my boot screen are f$ckup, specifically the 1st boot screen but the next one are fine ... the LATEST ROM of all is the prestegio one and look like they have promised Froyo update ... hopeful Next 3 will release the Froyo one first, since there web page now has the Firmware update, but it end up at "comming soon" ... thanks donaldj83 for your hard work

donaldj83

Feb 27, 2011
CT
Pmp3084b rooted with market

thanks bro oh and btw....... I GOT IT :D Prestigio PMP3084B ROOTED WITH MARKET im uploading it now its the exact origional firmware just rooted with market if you wanna clean it up just use titanium backup to remove the system apps hey i have a question for all whos watching as i said b4 i dont like the boot screen think we can get it back to the origional android one i have no idea as to how to do that but ill google it later when i have time ill have the link here in about 10 mins

ok heres the link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K7273SCB
to install rename it to update.img move it to the device unplug the usb and itll promped you if you wish to install hit yes let it do its thing

i know i had to first use rkbatch update to origionaly do the first update to the prestegio rom from the nextbook rom but after i compiled it i didnt need too so first try just moving it over if that dosent work then use the rkbatch method when i have time ill play around with the Odys Genesis one but for now have at these 2 puppies

i gotta go deal with crazys now

Last edited:
Reactions: p177 and diablow

diablow

May 8, 2011
Nice work. I was struggling on getting PMP3084B system.img data without downloading it directly from device - data is encrypted and sadly there are no tools to decrypt it.
Is it possible to update only system.img on device, without touching other partitions? I presume it should keep risk of bricking to the minimum.
By the way - there are some not used data in /fonts/adobefonts/.svn directory, removing it should free up a bit of space.

donaldj83

Feb 27, 2011
CT
Nice work. I was struggling on getting PMP3084B system.img data without downloading it directly from device - data is encrypted and sadly there are no tools to decrypt it.
Is it possible to update only system.img on device, without touching other partitions? I presume it should keep risk of bricking to the minimum.
By the way - there are some not used data in /fonts/adobefonts/.svn directory, removing it should free up a bit of space.

well...i havent ever done it that way but i do beleve there is a way of doing that as far as not being as much as a risk of bricking it goes i think its about the same bc the system.img is the main image file that it runs off of

diablow

May 8, 2011
And what steps are required to get Market running, without custom system.img? I suppose copying vending.apk won't work?

y2k-inc

Feb 20, 2011
thanks bro oh and btw....... hey i have a question for all whos watching as i said b4 i dont like the boot screen think we can get it back to the origional android one i have no idea as to how to do that but ill google it later when i have time ill have the link here in about 10 mins

The easier way when you got it Rooted is to use Absolute Root and in there you can download Bootanime and change it on the fly ... don't know if android 2.1 use the same bootanime.bin those ...

p177

May 5, 2011
thanks bro oh and btw....... I GOT IT :D Prestigio PMP3084B ROOTED WITH MARKET im uploading it now its the exact origional firmware just rooted with market if you wanna clean it up just use titanium backup to remove the system apps hey i have a question for all whos watching as i said b4 i dont like the boot screen think we can get it back to the origional android one i have no idea as to how to do that but ill google it later when i have time ill have the link here in about 10 mins

ok heres the link -cut-
to install rename it to update.img move it to the device unplug the usb and itll promped you if you wish to install hit yes let it do its thing

i know i had to first use rkbatch update to origionaly do the first update to the prestegio rom from the nextbook rom but after i compiled it i didnt need too so first try just moving it over if that dosent work then use the rkbatch method when i have time ill play around with the Odys Genesis one but for now have at these 2 puppies

i gotta go deal with crazys now

Good job, mate! I am going to try the new rom right now, thank you for making it! :)

donaldj83

Feb 27, 2011
CT
Good job, mate! I am going to try the new rom right now, thank you for making it! :)
hey bro i just made a clean version of that prestege firmware ill have it uploaded in a few mins ill post the link when its done

works with the nextbook3 as well
Prestigio PMP3084B cleaned market and root update.img
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4KIRFXY
rename to update.img and stuff it in your device when you unplug your usb itll promp you

Last edited:

donaldj83

Feb 27, 2011
CT
I'm trying to load all the ROM : prestegio, odys & you ROOTED room ... they all boot up and work with my Next 3 (only 2GB internal), but the ROM are for 4GB internal so all my boot screen are f$ckup, specifically the 1st boot screen but the next one are fine ... the LATEST ROM of all is the prestegio one and look like they have promised Froyo update ... hopeful Next 3 will release the Froyo one first, since there web page now has the Firmware update, but it end up at "comming soon" ... thanks donaldj83 for your hard work

hey that odys firmware how was that was it newer than the other 2 or is prestegio the newest basicly is it worth cracking or am i wasting my time

oh hey on the bootanamation on the newest prego, presto, somethin) rom i cooked up i removed it so after it goes threw its first screen it goes to the android default (much better) ill fiddel with the boot.img in the next few days to get rid of there other 2 screens (again i dont like it lol) as far as next3 going froyo there download page has been like that for months (trust me ive been hovering every day) i think we may have better luck with one of the other companys prego or odys but it dosent matter bc eather way well have to go threw this again to root and market and cleaning

...also...
theres still a few desktop icons left i donno how to get rid of them when making a new rom so just hold and drag them to the can itll make things look nice

...added tips....
also some sugested programs startup manager (the one that looks like a blue arrow wrapped around a clock) the only thing i keep running is android system, rockchip service, and calibration) and also find a task manager with a widget option set the security settings to low so u can see every thing once u hit kill all itll go black and then your desktop will popup with 140megs available any other tips ppl feel free to throw them out

Last edited:

p177

May 5, 2011
hey bro i just made a clean version of that prestege firmware ill have it uploaded in a few mins ill post the link when its done

works with the nextbook3 as well
Prestigio PMP3084B cleaned market and root update.img
-cut-
rename to update.img and stuff it in your device when you unplug your usb itll promp you

Again, thank you for doing this! I am sure plenty of people appreciate your effort as roms for these devices were until now considered "unhackable" and plenty of people were trying to find a way of doing it. I am currently using the rom uploaded in the previous link (before "cleaning") and it is a major improvement: market works and the system is rooted. There is one issue though: I seem to be unable to deinstall/delete stock apps either through manually deleting them (using for example rootexplorer) or using 3rd party apps (including Titanium Backup). Could this be a problem on my device or is the rom still unable to support this? I am now going to install the "clean" version (great idea), and am looking forward to unlocking the potential of my Tablet. Cheers!

donaldj83

Feb 27, 2011
CT
Again, thank you for doing this! I am sure plenty of people appreciate your effort as roms for these devices were until now considered "unhackable" and plenty of people were trying to find a way of doing it. I am currently using the rom uploaded in the previous link (before "cleaning") and it is a major improvement: market works and the system is rooted. There is one issue though: I seem to be unable to deinstall/delete stock apps either through manually deleting them (using for example rootexplorer) or using 3rd party apps (including Titanium Backup). Could this be a problem on my device or is the rom still unable to support this? I am now going to install the "clean" version (great idea), and am looking forward to unlocking the potential of my Tablet. Cheers!

when you open titanium backup itll ask for root rights make shure you press YES then goto.... the center tab... think its backup any how once you have a list of apps press on the app you want to remove then youll see uninstall and other options thats how i did it also keep your eye on the market let me know if it stops on you i meen im seeing on mine (granted ive done a ton of stuff so its probably me) but any how see if it stops downloading for you like itll start downloading then disapeer like you didnt try to download any thing any thing

Reactions: KrzychuG

p177

May 5, 2011
when you open titanium backup itll ask for root rights make shure you press YES then goto.... the center tab... think its backup any how once you have a list of apps press on the app you want to remove then youll see uninstall and other options thats how i did it also keep your eye on the market let me know if it stops on you i meen im seeing on mine (granted ive done a ton of stuff so its probably me) but any how see if it stops downloading for you like itll start downloading then disapeer like you didnt try to download any thing any thing

Concerning, Titanium Backup, the method you explained is exactly how I tried to do it, however, the apps are still here. I am currently looking at the clean version of your rom and its basically what I wanted to do so its fine now. :)

I'll be sure to report any problems with the market, however I doubt I will be using it too much, since I got used to applanet.

Just one question: do you know if the default ebook reader (now removed) was just a "repackaging" of another reader or custom software? I am trying to find a good reader which would be equally fluid and support the (only) two buttons the tablet has.

donaldj83

Feb 27, 2011
CT
Concerning, Titanium Backup, the method you explained is exactly how I tried to do it, however, the apps are still here. I am currently looking at the clean version of your rom and its basically what I wanted to do so its fine now. :)

I'll be sure to report any problems with the market, however I doubt I will be using it too much, since I got used to applanet.

Just one question: do you know if the default ebook reader (now removed) was just a "repackaging" of another reader or custom software? I am trying to find a good reader which would be equally fluid and support the (only) two buttons the tablet has.

i donno thats how i got rid of them as far as the ebook reader i dont use it at all for books i kinda caned it but ill upload it as an apk so you can download it give me a few mins

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BC0AAEUU

Last edited:
Reactions: p177

arny.k

May 17, 2011
Hello everybody, I have the Prestigio model and I came here searching for a better rom solution, which it seems I've found :)

i donno thats how i got rid of them as far as the ebook reader i dont use it at all for books i kinda caned it but ill upload it as an apk so you can download it give me a few mins

First of all, thanks for fixing this rom!

Concerning the ebook reader, the program included is FBReader, and I'd recommend everybody to just get and install the latest version (it's a free and open source program). I don't know which version is included with this 2.1.2. update, but the original version had a very old version of FBReader (0.6.x), and it was not upgradeable (complaining the newer version was signed with a different key and needs uninstallation) nor uninstallable (being part of the system image) which drove me crazy...

I guess manual install of FBReader is a better solution...

p177

May 5, 2011
Donald, the ebook reader apk doesn't work for some reason, unable to install it. (scratch that)

I tried FBReader and its OK, but lacks the hardware button compatibility. I find page fliping with tapping a bit problematic with the touchscreen being pretty unresponsive, and prefer buttons. Furthermore, the original Prestigio reader is much faster and responsive than FBR. FBR has plenty more options and capabilities though. Is there any way to edit FBR apk to make navigation with next3/prestigio multipad hardware buttons possible?
I am currently using moonreader+. It supports tablet hardware buttons, but has a bit clunky interface.

Update: I just installed the provided ebook reader. It seems it couldnt Install because I had newer version of FBR Installed. Thanks, donaldj83!

An issue Im having with the firmware is that it seems partially rooted, with NAND still locked. This means that I can't mount system dir as r/w. Do others have it like this?

Last edited:

donaldj83

Feb 27, 2011
CT
Is there any way to edit FBR apk to make navigation with next3/prestigio multipad hardware buttons possible?

An issue Im having with the firmware is that it seems partially rooted, with NAND still locked. This means that I can't mount system dir as r/w. Do others have it like this?

on the first thing ya im shure it could be done but your asking the rong guy on that one lol i havent the foggiest.

second off open that root explorer and just hit mount r/w or download a terminal app and its.........

su
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

same under adb but when the promped pops up after you tipe in su make shure you press yes

by the lack of people saying there market isnt downloading im assuming i screwed my self up.... lol ok....... restore! thats ok i wanna rid my self of the boot screens any how if im abel to do it dose any one want a copy

donaldj83

Feb 27, 2011
CT
Now there is also this eReader : http://www.odys.de/web/web_lan_de_hmp_1_mp_18_an_X610000_sw_ja.html
which also have it firmware update to 1.3.4

cancel that boot image one im goina play with this one now

--added--
i cant be lousing my mind i know damn well you all have to be having problems with the market after a bit it stops downloading right???? i just restored it and it did it again so i updated the market that im using so the next market will be v2.3.4 also with some tinkering i was abel to remove the second logo from prestege the only one left is the first one that shows hightec or what ever witch ill play with some more when i have time also i chmoded the system folder to 777 witch is read wright by default any how ill upload that in the near future

Last edited:

donaldj83

Feb 27, 2011
CT
hey i cleaned up the main post to reflect all of the roms so nothing gets lost in here also if some one can take a crack at the boot.img for me while im doing this odsy rom that would be grate just want the prestege garbage removed i got rid of the one but theres still 2 images that need to be striped out thats in the boot.img

p177

May 5, 2011
second off open that root explorer and just hit mount r/w or download a terminal app and its.........

su
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

same under adb but when the promped pops up after you tipe in su make shure you press yes

by the lack of people saying there market isnt downloading im assuming i screwed my self up.... lol ok....... restore! thats ok i wanna rid my self of the boot screens any how if im abel to do it dose any one want a copy

Already tried to do it with rootexplorer, was unable. The terminal line doesn't seem to help either. Can anybody else confirm they have full r/w system access?

The market runs fine btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nextbook 3 / Prestigio PMP3084B / Odys Genesis
    (same thing all roms work on all 3 devices)
    Android OS 2.1 <<<not any more :p
    RockChip RK2818
    dual Core CPU, at ~600MHz
    8.4" 800x600 resistive touch / 4:3 display

__________________________________NEXTBOOK 2 ROM ONLY_____________________________________
    special thanks to delimeat52
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rd5zoladeyf4tlv
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

Origional Next3 firmware with market and root added
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UR080WKG

Origional Prestigio PMP3084B firmware with root and market
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K7273SCB

Prestigio PMP3084B firmware with root and market and no bloat ware
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4KIRFXY

Prestigio PMP3084B firmware 2.1.2 striped of bloat only 12 apps pre-installed the system is truly rw, busybox installer verified, boot animations removed
    works grate on the next book (that's what i have)
    i feel its one of the best ones ive created so far
    only con with it is its defaults language is Russian just change the language goto settings its the 7th down,(has an A next to it) press the first option then scroll to English
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GVFCVAJP

same as above but default is english and location is US also
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1FSTL1X1

Market Fix if not working:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Select Applications.
    3. Select Manage Applications.
    4 Press Menu > Filter > All
    5. Clear Cache for - Checkin Service, Download Manager, Gmail, Google Talk Service and Market
    6. Reboot Device

if that dosent work then your on your own and i wish you luck

__________________________________ FROYO_____________________________________________

2.2 FROYO EDITION version 1 !!!!
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AZN9CGCQ

2.2 froyo version 2 stripped of bloat
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6KTPYAAL

2.2 Froyo v3 removed second search, kickback, added life wallpapers added back desk clock
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O2RF5O7X

2.2 Froyo v4 fixed root, Added some essential apps Special thanks to MajstorSpeedy he fixed it!
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XOY8KA14

2.2 Froyo v5 Special thanks to DaremoS he made it!
    fully rooted, smaller, possible speed improvement
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ZXKJEL7

known problems
    calibration isnt perfect,
    browser force closes install one from market

if you only see one app in the featured of the market place do this
    goto Applications/ALL

Find Market. clear cache & force stop
    Find Google Services Framework. clear data & force stop
    Now when you try to open the Market, it closes and you get an error.
    Reboot phone, Market should be fine now.
    _______________________________________GINGERBREAD________________________________________________

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O8EK69NU 2.3.4 GINGERBREAD beta v.2
    TESTING ONLY
    known things
    - Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread)
    - TS works fine (had to remove TScalibration)
    - Fully rooted
    - Faster than 2.1
    - Stable
    - Missing USB (missing the ability to connect to pc)
    - Missing Market

special thanks to MajstorSpeedy he created it
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

move this to the sd card or the internal and update it
    if it says invalid then use the directions and tools here
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X5J1GIDD

more roms coming soon...............

WARNING:
    This will erase all your current data, and as always I a not responsible for bricking your device!

if you wish to buy me an energy drink click here to be sent to paypal!!!!
    i have so far collected $1 for all of my hard work here :D updated on 10/16/11
    Froyo V6 - correct calibration tool

Hi all! You missed me?

I'm back with another custom firmware for Next3/PMP3084/Genesis

To break it down a bit and tell you what's been done.
    I've taken an official Froyo beta1 release and added root and some essential apps
    so that you aren't bothered with installing Astro and Titanium.
    I've removed boot screens from prestigio.

Next to be done is to fix the annoying taskbar issue and improve overall speed of the system, to add a new version of android market and to make a system little more of an lightweight.

I'm currently uploading the update.img so till then bye!

So, here we are! The brand new, rooted, screen calibrated Froyo just for you!

Streamlined version of GB.2.3.7

Here is a revised and corrected version of GB.2.3.7 for RK2818.

It seems that some issues have disappeared.
    Like the problem of link to a PC (so called Mass Storage Screen problem)

Streamlined version

Be aware that Market appears only when Wifi is connected :confused:

It's for 8.4" with bqreaders kernel.

Let me know of the bugs

Thanks and god bless you all!! :D
    New Froyo

Here is Froyo v5.

IMHO the best ROM for our loved device Yifang M901 branded as Nextbook Next3, Prestigio PMP3084B, Odys Genesis, Darwin of bqReaders (Spain), Arnova 84 of Archos (France), to mention some.

Rockchip RK2818 absolutely an underrated chip with excellent capabilities for a cheap chip :) :
    - excellent sound, due to dedicated DSP (normal feature of Rock-Chip chips :))
    - excellent image @720P with graphic acceleration.
    - USB port OTG (Froyo takes advantage of it with USB Host function)
    - G-sensor Rockchip 3-x accelerometer
    - Rockchip manages almost all available formats in audio and video.
    - our device is NOT using TV-OUT bundled in the chip.
    For more info see here http://www.rock-chips.com/index.php?do=prod&pid=2
    Lots of capabilities for a device that cost a quarter of a premium tablet.

About resistive screen... indeed it's a weakness of the chip... but handling it with a pointer can be very nice.
    Multitouch screens are really expensive thanks to the mercenaries of the genre Apple i****.

Download
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ZXKJEL7

- Still problems with Explorer, must be used Google search of Launcher to use it.
    - Market still need the trick of clean the cache of Market and the data of Google Services Framework. Stopping both apps. Works better when this is done when Market is loaded in Home screen. In other cases requires several attempts.

Enhancements:

- Fully rooted. Can run Titanium Backup, and all root tools..
    - Small size of module.
    - I notice better speed (placebo?)

To do:

- implement A2SD

Sincere thanks to donaldj83 and MajstorSpeedy for make me get in action again.
    Gingerbread 2.3.7 for RK2818... version 2.

This time for 8.4" screen -----> rk28_84_gb7.therom.77

This version have the posibility of fix rotation by using 4 parameters:
    sensor.accelerometer.flip_xy=0
    sensor.accelerometer.invert_x=1
    sensor.accelerometer.invert_y=0
    sensor.accelerometer.invert_z=1
    This parameters work fine for bqreaders Darwin.

Now with a ICS launcher instead of Launcher2 of Gingerbread.
    Reason: this launcher rotates!.
    ICS = Ice Cream Sandwich or Android 4.0
    It's used Roboto font which is Android ICS font.
    It sport ICS wallpapers and an awesome menu which can be seen in portrait mode.
    There are two galleries: the normal one, and the new one which is really slow.
    Recovery is fully functional (For bqreaders and Master-G)

Still is needed to load MP3 and HW video from File Manager.
    With MoBoPlayer video is seen marvellous.
    Songbird play MP3 excellent (ncluded)
    YouTube work fine as expected.
    Market work excellent, I know is the new one which is slow, but is updated automatically :( so it can't be used another.

Problem with list of media in menus comes from module libmediaplayerservice.so.
    If somebody find such module working fine in the ROM... let us know.

So far... no visible bugs. I love this ROM!!

Good night and happy thanksgiving day!