[Q] Samsung Keyboard no longer has Chinese input language after hard reset

Search This thread

wildtypitch

Jun 22, 2010
:eek:
Hi all, wondering if anyone has the same incredibly frustrating problem.

I'm using a Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105

I used to use the Samsung Keyboard with English and the Chinese language input (downloaded in it's language settings).

But after a hard rest (My phone had recently updated itself to 4.3 with no change) I no longer have Chinese as a downloadable language.

WHY is this so annoying... Becuase if I use another keyboard that has chinese I can't swap between it and the Samsung Keyboard in Keyboard. The Samsung has to be selects in the phone setting and can't be selected as one of many keyboards.

The reason why I wish to use the Samsung keyboard is becuase of its great swipe input function. I have not found another keyboard that has swipe in English and Chinese input funtionality.

Which means I can never using any combo of keyboards swap easily from chinese to swipe english keyboard. Aarrgghh!!!!!

I think It has something to do with the locale version of the 4.3 android os. I heard that different locales have different downloadable language options. But why has mine sudenly changed!

Anyone?

T

the_pirate_predator

:eek:
Hi all, wondering if anyone has the same incredibly frustrating problem.

I'm using a Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105

I used to use the Samsung Keyboard with English and the Chinese language input (downloaded in it's language settings).

But after a hard rest (My phone had recently updated itself to 4.3 with no change) I no longer have Chinese as a downloadable language.

WHY is this so annoying... Becuase if I use another keyboard that has chinese I can't swap between it and the Samsung Keyboard in Keyboard. The Samsung has to be selects in the phone setting and can't be selected as one of many keyboards.

The reason why I wish to use the Samsung keyboard is becuase of its great swipe input function. I have not found another keyboard that has swipe in English and Chinese input funtionality.

Which means I can never using any combo of keyboards swap easily from chinese to swipe english keyboard. Aarrgghh!!!!!

I think It has something to do with the locale version of the 4.3 android os. I heard that different locales have different downloadable language options. But why has mine sudenly changed!

Anyone?

Samsung must have changed the CSC of your device when upgrading to Android 4.3

I don't own your device. So I am just sharing what I know.

Go to messaging app, and select create new message and the keyboard will be activated.

In that look for any settings icon.

If there is one, then click on it and change your input language.

^If it doesn't work, go to menu>settings>language and input and change the options.

Press thanks if I have helped.

Maybe someone has better ideas.