[HOW TO] Root, Unroot, Hotspot, Roms, Tips and more! 10/5/12

Search This thread
Jul 28, 2010
there is an issue with the "force dual panel". DO NOT CLICK IT! once clicked it gets stuck like that. so far ive had no luck reverting back :crying: if anyone has a fix please post it :confused:

killerhz

Jan 25, 2011
B0ST0N
wow that was pretty easy. finally flashed my S3. now, if someone can point me in the direction to flash custom roms would be great. is it the same as i use to with my HTC EVO, do it in recovery?

TheBigDogz

Feb 12, 2012
I am on MB1 STOCK ROOTED. Is there any concern in applying the dual screen update (incompatibility)? Also, will it Unroot me?

rickmatic

Aug 7, 2009
Bell, CA
Hey guys I'm new to the s3 forums, not to xda. I saw a video on YouTube for rooting with an app with no computer needed(one click root).
Is this method more secure or better? Answer seems a little obvious, but I just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
Hey guys I'm new to the s3 forums, not to xda. I saw a video on YouTube for rooting with an app with no computer needed(one click root).
Is this method more secure or better? Answer seems a little obvious, but I just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Stick to this you can't go wrong, some other methods run into black screen or no wifi etc. Follow instructions to te letter once you odin the custom recovery do not let the phone boot up. Make sure you don't have the little box which says boot after checked in odin. Just pull the battery once odin completes.

Transmitted with a portable device using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: fitz420

bigpappags3

May 19, 2013
Dalla/Ft.Worth

Well I did the one click root. It worked flawlessly. However....I started researching more and the watched qbking77s video and really feel like a goober for paying 30 bucks for something that was so easy to do!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Ragnar

cteq1

Aug 4, 2012
Which wifi hot spot? Also what rom are you on?

Sent from the future via Tapatalk 4

I am sorry I knew I should have had my second cup of Java before posting.

link on 1st page..
How to get free Wifi hotspot:
http://www.qbking77.com/development/...elly-bean.html

This takes to page which has 404 error

I am using S3 Sprint phone, Just rooted using Odin. I have not installed any other Roms. Sprint has blocked WiFi Hotspot. There may be other ROMs that can provide WiFi Hotspot, when I unrooted there wasnt any ROM with WiFi Support,

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
@qbking77 any chance the first 3 links in the OP could be updated. More importantly the how to root and the how to unroot. They get 404 errors. I know the videos are still out there cause I'm always searching to provide people the links. :thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:
Reactions: orangemonster

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
I am sorry I knew I should have had my second cup of Java before posting.

link on 1st page..
How to get free Wifi hotspot:
http://www.qbking77.com/development/...elly-bean.html

This takes to page which has 404 error

I am using S3 Sprint phone, Just rooted using Odin. I have not installed any other Roms. Sprint has blocked WiFi Hotspot. There may be other ROMs that can provide WiFi Hotspot, when I unrooted there wasnt any ROM with WiFi Support,

TPR has hotspot as well as MOAR and a few others. There is also this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40013605

Top Liked Posts