[MOD] Blocking Mode

Search This thread

Chris000001

Jan 7, 2012
New links are up guys, please try them and let me know,
you do need to know how to enable the dormant (blocking) mode toggle through feature.xml and sqlite editor, but I think you guys know this.
First of all, thanks! This is awesome! I did the sqlite edit and everything works when I long press the blocking toggle to get directly to blocking settings. Is there a feature.xml edit to add blocking mode selection to the regular settings menu? I googled a little and didn't see anything.

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
First of all, thanks! This is awesome! I did the sqlite edit and everything works when I long press the blocking toggle to get directly to blocking settings. Is there a feature.xml edit to add blocking mode selection to the regular settings menu? I googled a little and didn't see anything.

Unfortunately this is the best method (toggle)
adding it to the menu requires doing things that change the device in a way In don't like.
This keep it completely stock as it would have came from Verizon.

Reactions: Chris000001

dscott1081

Aug 17, 2008
I am running the ME7 version of the stock rom and rooted. I applied the zip file in recovery and made the sqlite edit to add the toggle button. When I click on the blocking mode toggle button it enables it but doesn't give me any settings. If I long press the blocking mode toggle I get "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." and don't get the settings screen. Is there something I missed?

dseda86

Oct 25, 2010
I am running the ME7 version of the stock rom and rooted. I applied the zip file in recovery and made the sqlite edit to add the toggle button. When I click on the blocking mode toggle button it enables it but doesn't give me any settings. If I long press the blocking mode toggle I get "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." and don't get the settings screen. Is there something I missed?

When you enable the toggle you'll have an ongoing notification that you can adjust blocking mode settings from.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

dseda86

Oct 25, 2010
Trying to possibly save some time here Andy, but I'm assuming using the wanam app to add call recording will either break blocking mode or mess up my phone?

Not sure how it edits your secphone apk

r_hippy

Dec 30, 2012
Da USA
hippyzplace.com
as per OP, it's the ME7 .apk

MDK base sucks, idk why anyone uses it still, :)

Didn't realize the op was updated, just seen your post. Dunno but he wants to stay with mdk. I'm using stockbones :)
If it's not to much to ask.
If u could do mdk
Either way that for your time efforts and work
Its much appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Stauf99

Dec 23, 2012
Why does MDK suck? I just got an MDK again (!!!!!!!!!!!!so excited!!!!!!!!!!) and i just don't want to see the string "ME7" on my S4 ever again for emotional reasons.

If anything that alters the 'phone.apk' for blocking mode or 'message.apk' for text/call blocking is flashed over (say Cobalt Theme for instance), would the blocking mods no longer work?

THANK YOU ANDYBONES! :good:

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Why does MDK suck? I just got an MDK again (!!!!!!!!!!!!so excited!!!!!!!!!!) and i just don't want to see the string "ME7" on my S4 ever again for emotional reasons.

If anything that alters the 'phone.apk' for blocking mode or 'message.apk' for text/call blocking is flashed over (say Cobalt Theme for instance), would the blocking mods no longer work?

THANK YOU ANDYBONES! :good:

the MDK BASE sucks...

has nothing to do about root, to make it good, I meant it sucks cos ME7 is so much better :)

if it is VR theme you should be ok.

Reactions: Stauf99

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Blocking Mode - ported to our Verizon MDK/ME7 base applications.
    THIS IS FOR DEVELOPERS!!!!!

Modified Applications:
    ClockPackage.apk - com/sec/android/app/clockpackage/alarm/Alarms.smali
    SecPhone.apk - com/android/phone/PhoneFeature.smali
    SecSettings.apk - res/values/bools.xml
    SecContacts.apk -
    com/android/contacts/list/ContactsIntentResolver.smali
    com/sec/android/app/contacts/interaction/InteractionTabActivity.smali

Download:
    MDK:
    http://d-h.st/six

Download:
    ME7:
    http://d-h.st/FED

Download:
    ME7 Call Recording: (no this DOES NOT come with the needed sound files)
    credit - Jrkruse for the call record MOD
    http://d-h.st/qEB

DEVs, feel free to use this MOD, just please rate the thread 5 stars, hit the thanks button, and give proper credit, please.
    I hope this brand new thread doesn't have anything to do with the stir my posts made in regards to blocking mode? My apologies if I did something to offend and my sincerest thanks for making it available for all to use as the work is incredible and much needed.

No Sir,
    not at all.
    As I mentioned a long time ago, the MOD wasn't fully ready which is why I asked DEVs to respect my wishes to wait to add to their ROMs for this release.
    I have it all refined, working 100%, and had time to get them uploaded.
    DEVs could have dis-respected my wishes and used it with credit, with the new XDA rules, and I did mis-type saying that this is the only way to achieve this MOD. It isn't, I was trying to say that this is the ONLY MOD for blocking mode FULLY out right now (at the time). Simple confusion, and I hope you guys enjoy this, I spent a long time getting this MOD perfected.
    If I remember correctly he said he had planned on posting it eventually.

sent from my vzw MIUIv5 gs4

Yessir I did thank you. When I first came to this phone, this was the very first thing I did.
    Problem was I thought I had it working 100%, but it wasn't, so I had to spend about 10 hours to get it 100% on the s4.
    I had asked people not to use it as it's free to use since I posted it on sg3 forums, and new XDA rules state anyone can use it since it's public, as long as credit it given.
    I didn't want people using a non-finished product, especially since I've put SO much time into it already between the SG3 and now the SG4..
    I did mis-takingly post wrongly though, and it wasn't my intention to post it like that.
    I had posted that there was no other way to achieve this MOD.
    I meant to say that there is no other blocking mode MOD done and this is the only one (at the time).
    Simple confusion, and I hope everyone enjoys this MOD as much as I do!
    New links are up guys, please try them and let me know,
    you do need to know how to enable the dormant (blocking) mode toggle through feature.xml and sqlite editor, but I think you guys know this.
    Thanks Andy. Flashed both your mods, excited to get blocking and call recording together soon! Thanks for the work everything is working great!

Thank you, Sir for the feedback, time for me to hit the hay, will get the call record MOD out tmw :)