[ROM] Ruby 1.1.4 Reports

Search This thread

Bardasian

Aug 19, 2010
Greenville, NC
Does anyone have any trouble getting their contact picture to show up in messaging?

Everyone elses shows up, but mine is always generic.

Sent from my Inc using XDA App

A

Androidnite

Does anyone have any trouble getting their contact picture to show up in messaging?

Everyone elses shows up, but mine is always generic.

Sent from my Inc using XDA App
That's because, unlike stock sense, this rom does not create a "me" contact entry. I haven't try it out yet, but I assume that if you create such an entry and put your pic you should see it in the txt messaging app and such. Let us know if that works.

Bardasian

Aug 19, 2010
Greenville, NC
That's because, unlike stock sense, this rom does not create a "me" contact entry. I haven't try it out yet, but I assume that if you create such an entry and put your pic you should see it in the txt messaging app and such. Let us know if that works.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had tried making a contact card with my name and number but to no avail, however making the "Me" contact and adding my number and picture works great.

A

Androidnite

Thanks for the suggestion. I had tried making a contact card with my name and number but to no avail, however making the "Me" contact and adding my number and picture works great.
Awesome. That's the way its written in sense, so I figured out might work here too. Glad it worked for you.

mikeymop

Aug 15, 2010

Also, if you add you'r picture to your google account online it will automatically pull it down when you initially sign into your phone.

Did anyone notice the audio skipping issue is still there? Like when you fast forward a track it continues jumping to the next track.

Also, does anyone have a link to the BT audio streaming fix? the one linked in hte other thread was taken down for some reason.

pmdied

Mar 26, 2010
Thanks all for your help. So far this is my favorite rom even after trying out literally over a dozen roms, both sense and aosp.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

A

Androidnite

Also, if you add you'r picture to your google account online it will automatically pull it down when you initially sign into your phone.

Did anyone notice the audio skipping issue is still there? Like when you fast forward a track it continues jumping to the next track.

Also, does anyone have a link to the BT audio streaming fix? the one linked in hte other thread was taken down for some reason.
I don't use that feature (currently disabled), but the changelog says that 1.1.4 is basically the Android 2.2.1 update, so the bug is still gonna be present. Maybe they'll get it fix for the 1.2 Ruby update, whenever that will be.

snipazer

Aug 17, 2010
I love this ROM a lot and I can't wait for the newest version but I have been having several problems.

1. My 3G radio turns off randomly. About once or twice a day, I'll turn the display on only to find that the radio has been turned off and I can't turn it back on again. The only way to fix it is to reboot.

2. Reboots. Sometimes when I am typing in the messaging app, my phone will freeze up for a couple seconds then go straight to the Ruby boot screen. It's happened about 2 or 3 times so far. I'm using the HTC_IME keyboard if that matters.

Other than those problems, I am loving this ROM. Keep it up guys!

ncwildcat

Feb 2, 2009
I love this ROM a lot and I can't wait for the newest version but I have been having several problems.

1. My 3G radio turns off randomly. About once or twice a day, I'll turn the display on only to find that the radio has been turned off and I can't turn it back on again. The only way to fix it is to reboot.

2. Reboots. Sometimes when I am typing in the messaging app, my phone will freeze up for a couple seconds then go straight to the Ruby boot screen. It's happened about 2 or 3 times so far. I'm using the HTC_IME keyboard if that matters.

Other than those problems, I am loving this ROM. Keep it up guys!

Change your RIL - search the thread for dnoyeb's fix.

shoman24v

Mar 4, 2007
Fresno, CA
ROM is great! Though, the stock keyboard has no dictionary?

Edit, you have to enable the language you want to use in the settings for language and keyboard :)

Is there anyway we can get the black background MMS app? That will defiantly save on battery :)

Last edited:

Fingertips

Jul 20, 2010
Murfreesboro, TN
3G turns off, but I haven't applied the RIL since installing 1.1.4. I'll probably do that right now since it's sitting on my SD card. Toggling plane mode always fixes it, though.

Anyway, my biggest problem is that the notification LED still stays lit instead of blinking. That was my biggest gripe with 1.1.1 and it's still my biggest gripe with 1.1.4.

Soooo, off to flash the RIL.

EDIT: Welp, installed the RIL and the first thing that happened after booting up was the 3G radio turning off...

Last edited:

slorange

Jun 17, 2010
Granby, MA
ROM is great! Though, the stock keyboard has no dictionary?

Edit, you have to enable the language you want to use in the settings for language and keyboard :)

Is there anyway we can get the black background MMS app? That will defiantly save on battery :)

In the MMS app, go to menu, settings. All the way at the bottom is a check box to change the background black.

A

Androidnite

Has anybody tried to push the HTC Browser apk into this ROM? The only gripes I have with the Vanilla browser is that 1) there is no setting to disable the "mobile view" 2) There is no "home" shortcut and 3) it works with the stock video player instead of Adobe Flash.

In the MMS app, go to menu, settings. All the way at the bottom is a check box to change the background black.

The last item under my settings is Vibrate. :/
It seems that the setting got removed from 1.1.4. I remember I saw it on 1.1.1 because when I did the install for some reason it defaulted to black and I had to manually change it to white.

lyricalsnyper

Aug 10, 2010
When I apply the gapps im stuck at the "touch the android" screen and when I press it it changes colors but nothing happens, ideas?

A

Androidnite

When I apply the gapps im stuck at the "touch the android" screen and when I press it it changes colors but nothing happens, ideas?
Did you apply the gapps zip file specified in the original OP or a different version? I don't know if it matters but I fully booted to the home screen after applying just the ROM zip file and once I made sure that everything was working I went back into recovery to flash the gapps file. Just before anyone say something, I do have the SLCD screen and I've been able to use 1.1.1 and 1.1.4 successfully. Make sure you only use gapps and themes packed for the specific version. Based on the feedback from Ruby devs (google CC ROMs), you are suppose to use themes and gapps for the specific version of Ruby you are using (1.1.1 vs 1.1.4). Hope this helps.

lyricalsnyper

Aug 10, 2010
i used the op link in the comments, also tried out of curiosity the one that ROM manager provides same thing, I did let boot completely, but i just realized I just updated and didn't do a full wipe but i have hw so ill have to try it later....thanks for the reply

htcoveblue

Oct 12, 2007
Kissimmee, FL
Just trying out Ruby for the first time. I'm very impressed. It looks just like CM but seems much more stable at the moment. I know people must get sick of this question, but how do I get my Facebook contact pictures to show up in my Gmail contacts?

I'm logged into Facebook with Settings set to Sync to Existing Contacts, I've got Facebook added under Accounts, but I only see my Gmail contact pictures. I can't get the ones from Facebook to sync.

Am I doing some wrong? Is there a trick to it?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's not very nice. Ccroms guys put a lot of work into what they do. He's currently working on a release for multiple phones at once so sit tight. I'm sure the magic is about to happen.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
    i've been running a sense based rom since i got my incredible back in june, and i just installed this a few days ago. This two month old realease runs smoother and faster and has more customization options than anything currently out right now! i was gonna wait for a new release before switching roms, but man this one was definitely worth it. hopefully they do a new gingerbread release, i wouldnt mind doing a wipe and all that again:D only thing is, i kinda miss the htc dialer. and facebook contact sync is kinda sketchy, it only linked like three of mine

Go into your contacts that weren't linked, click edit contact and scroll down. If you see facebook info click on the facebook contact pic instead and click use this picture.

If there is not facebook info hit menu, join.
    You'll now see a list of suggestions from facebook where you can manually join facebook names. This is useful when your FB friend is a tard and added random symbols to their names or if they include a middle name or alternate spelling that isn't present in your contact list
    Did Ruby come with a kernel? How do I switch back from #18? The battery life on this is killing me.

--
    Sent from my D-Inc using XDA App

Here's the stock Ruby kernel :

http://db.tt/5SbvOyg
    i did some research a few days ago before installing, and as far as i could tell 1.1.5 is not a stable release but 1.1.4 is
    so is 1.1.4 a full stable release from CCROMS? It's not listed on their site/wiki and as far as I understand from reading this thread it's kinda like how CM has nightly builds, that is it's a test release. I Just want to make sure I am clear before I proceed, I suppose everyone says it's solid but I kinda prefer to lean more on the cautious side and would prefer to wait till it's official and labeled stable. Thanks for any clarification and/or guidance! :) Ruby is by far the best ROM I have used so far, tried all the others and they only lasted maybe a day installed, non were as good as Ruby, not that they were bad I just really like the plain vanilla Froyo without all the flashy colors and mods. good job! :)

1.1.4 is an unofficial release but a mighty fine one at that.