How I get Wallet to stop using location services?

Search This thread

Mindspin_311

Feb 25, 2011
Sandy Springs, GA
No way in the app to turn it off that I can see.

y8avupy2.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
Just looked it up and it's not Google Wallet itself that is causing the issue, rather over all location services. You'll probably want to read a bit on this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48051661

I have the same problem and it turns out because Google Wallet have "Offers", which always use Location Services (GPS, Wifi, etc.) to find the "relevant" offers (discounts, etc.) in your area.

I use Google Wallet for payment, but I do NOT need the "Offers" feature. In prior version of Google Wallet, I believe the "Offers" feature is disabled. However, now it is FORCED upon you. I don't see any settings in the Google Wallet app to disable "Offers". Anyone know?

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.schurich.android.tools.appopsstarter

And just turn off location to everything you don't want having the access. It's a great battery saver too!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have used AppsOps to turn off Location Reporting for Google Wallet, but it seems something is still running that cause Google Wallet to keep causing this issue.

On a sidenote, I froze Google+. It still show up in App Ops for some reason and I see under "Location", it said it was last accessed 4 days ago. Thing is, Google+ is frozen and I got th ephone 2 weeks ago. So something is still running even if the app is in this state. I ended up uninstallign Google+

So I don't know if Google Wallet have the same thing...

bentobean

Aug 2, 2007
I have the same problem and it turns out because Google Wallet have "Offers", which always use Location Services (GPS, Wifi, etc.) to find the "relevant" offers (discounts, etc.) in your area.

I use Google Wallet for payment, but I do NOT need the "Offers" feature. In prior version of Google Wallet, I believe the "Offers" feature is disabled. However, now it is FORCED upon you. I don't see any settings in the Google Wallet app to disable "Offers". Anyone know?

I know what you mean, was annoying to get pop-up offers when driving around. Looking into it, with Wallet open and on the main screen touch the 3 bar icon in the upper left. Hit " settings" then "notifications". On this screen just make sure "nearby items" is switched off (2nd option to the bottom). I hope this helps!