Galaxy Note S

Search This thread

E_man5112

Jul 13, 2010
+1, you are 100% correct. The Galaxy Note only just came out, only had mine a few months so it's very unlikely they will release another one.

In fact the Note hasn't even been released in the US yet! How can they bring out a newer version when the original is still to be released in America?

I'd say 2013 at the earliest for a Note replacement, not anytime soon...

It's most likely a fake rumour or the Galaxy S III...

Not 2013, late 2012.

These could be a Galaxy Note S or Plus or whatever but I don't think it will be a replacement for Galaxy S2 but just another addition in Samsung product portfolio.

As I wouldn't be happy to get 5 something inch screen because it's too big for me if we speak about phone

Why would a Note S or Note Plus be less than 5 inches? For people that don't want such a large screen, there is always the SGS line.

Then what the beep are you doing in the Note forum? Go back to your iPhone fan forums ;)

Sent from my superior GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Because there isn't a large portfolio of android products that aren't 5"+?

Firemaker please keep up.
There was plenty of articles and discussions about samsung note back in august last year and the note or smart-tab-phone ( translation) was allready shown at a number of trade shows in korea througout the summer ( Anyone could read about it ahead of the official release even in mass market blogs like engaget )

Its now february half a year later and I dont understand the alarm and negative comments this is causing.

1) most buyers of these devices dont even read these geek only sites and just buy what they see in the stores... they dont care what *might* be available on worldwide import or other geos

2) very few of the notes users pay 600 anythings £$€ as they just buy phones on contract so its no real loss for them if there is an update

3) Surely any reasonable individual would be pleased if sammy annouce an updated note taking advantage of refreshed technology, we are not talking revolution here, purely an evolution to the current state of the market for a premium device. ( how could any non luddite aurgue this isnt a good thing ?)

4) people are whining they are loosing money ....WTF you bought something its great, so chill out be pleased, something better will come out soon, who cares you havnt lost anything ...if you buy a dell pc and intel release a faster processor six months later will you get upset if dell include it in that model......

we should celibrate these refreshes and be pleased for constant innovation otherwise we would all be still walking around with wap speed data on our tft ipaqs and sony clies instead of hspa oled hd notes.....

You are completely missing the point. When a phone is speculated, demonstrated, and when it is released is a totally different thing. Nobody likes there 3 month old gadget to be obsoleted. Heck, for american consumers, the rumored Note 2 announcement date is less than 2 weeks after they get the Note 1...

Second, making tons of SKU's is not a good thing. Your first post gave the example of going to CD's. Nobody here doesn't want a note 2. However, people don't wan't there to be 4 minor iterations before you get to a phone that is truly an upgrade from the first (See SGS1->SGS2 vs HTC Sensation-> HTC Amaze). One was a huge upgrade, and was announced a year apart. One was announced within 8 months, was a minor iteration, and another SKU needed support. That's bad for both business and consumers.

Let the note 2 come out, but make it something worth upgrading to. Don't make a ton of wholly new products with minor iterations.

adelmundo

Oct 10, 2010
San Ramon, CA
Well isn't Motorola doing something similar with the Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx? The Razr came out on 11 November 2011 and the Razr Maxx is coming out on 10 February 2012, 3 months after. Also the Samsung GS2 on AT&T and then they came out with the Samsung Skyrocket within a few months, which is basically the GS2 with a different processor, bigger screen and LTE.

senectus

Dec 14, 2004
Perth
No Way.
They just forked out 10 million for the superbowl advert, and to top that off there is no way they'd name it a S

Looks like you had a typo... Note s Notes
nope.. cant see that as coming through.

naimmkassim

Jan 6, 2010
Selangor
Its not about future or technology..for sammy, its all about business and money only..they not a carity place!! They will make business plan which will give them more money..nothing to do with technology Future etc..
That the fact of the world.. ;(

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Feb 12, 2012
As many others here, I'm hoping this is just a rumor. I just go the device a little while ago and if this is confirmed as true, it will definitively anger all of us who got this device. I would like to see a Galaxy Note successor but not before 2013.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

gbharani

Nov 24, 2010
I believe this is the supersized galaxy note 10.1 with spen.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App (waiting to buy the note)

Blue1k

Feb 8, 2008
This is the same sort of talk that happened when the Galaxy S2 came out. Talk was the S3 was right around the corner. Look how that rumour turned out.

The new notes will be the 7 and 10.1 wacom digitizer equipped tabs.

No company would spend millions on superbowl ads and then quickly release a replacement device. Logic not rumours is my motto.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That would be suicide in my personal opinion. They JUST released this device 3 months ago, and they're going to announce the next one? Do you know how many people would be pissed off, myself included. Especially after paying top dollar (in my case Euro) for a device that they would supposedly be phasing out for its new big brother Note S?

I count this as pure speculation, and it won't happen. I stand corrected if it does, and I would have also lost complete faith in Samsung if they do! That's just bad marketing!!!