EZO Dock for the Rezound

Search This thread

Mike Grimm

Oct 19, 2010
The docks I make work with the Otterbox Commuter, matter of fact the video demonstrating it using the HTC Rezound actually has a Otterbox Commuter on it in the video

I have never tried a Otterbox Defender so it may or may not work

CraigsDocks .com

Thanks! I'll look at getting one of these soon. My current car dock is about to **** the bed.

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
While waiting for the replacement EZO, I had the RND version of the dock show up.

Basically, it is the same dock. Same annoying blue light that stays on and the green light. The green light changes to Red when charging the Extended battery, but doesn't do anything but stay green when the phone is in the dock.

Docking is easy once you get it lined up. Sometimes lining it up is not as easy as it sounds in the dark lying down but I'm sure it will get easier.

Charging was fine unlike the issues I had with the EZO dock. I should get the replacement for that soon and will take one of them to work and have one at work and one at home.

Both are a good deal and depending if you have Amazon Prime shipping are basically the same price when you include the shipping costs.

Oh... black tape over the blue light does wonders if you are going to use this in the bedroom

Last edited:

alphabets

Mar 18, 2010
PA
While waiting for the replacement EZO, I had the RND version of the dock show up.

Basically, it is the same dock. Same annoying blue light that stays on and the green light. The green light changes to Red when charging the Extended battery, but doesn't do anything but stay green when the phone is in the dock.

Docking is easy once you get it lined up. Sometimes lining it up is not as easy as it sounds in the dark lying down but I'm sure it will get easier.

Charging was fine unlike the issues I had with the EZO dock. I should get the replacement for that soon and will take one of them to work and have one at work and one at home.

Both are a good deal and depending if you have Amazon Prime shipping are basically the same price when you include the shipping costs.

Oh... black tape over the blue light does wonders if you are going to use this in the bedroom

would you actually recommend one over the other or is there any pros/cons to one another? or woudl you say go with either one, it doesnt matter?

thanks!

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
would you actually recommend one over the other or is there any pros/cons to one another? or woudl you say go with either one, it doesnt matter?

thanks!
They look the same to me. They have the same shape, the insert removes the same, looks the same. One has a label on it that says EZO, the RND one doesn't have any labels on it. They both look like they are mfg'd by the same company and just marketed by different groups.

The EZO comes with one USB cable, the RND comes with two USB cables (Data/Power). The chargers look the same and have the same output 1.5amp.

My EZO had problems but I think that was a fluke, the RND worked.

Reactions: alphabets

alphabets

Mar 18, 2010
PA
They look the same to me. They have the same shape, the insert removes the same, looks the same. One has a label on it that says EZO, the RND one doesn't have any labels on it. They both look like they are mfg'd by the same company and just marketed by different groups.

The EZO comes with one USB cable, the RND comes with two USB cables (Data/Power). The chargers look the same and have the same output 1.5amp.

My EZO had problems but I think that was a fluke, the RND worked.

great, thank you for the response!

txkorm

Nov 24, 2007
San Antonio
only thing i had at my desk. more like macgyver

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

anyone with a Seidio case active case confirm this will work with it on?

The dock works perfectly with the Seidio Active Case. I'd send pictures but I don't have a second camera here at work. Good solid connection as well.

dono222

Feb 28, 2011
I have read that the MHL will work on the docking. Can someone with the MHL adapter connect it to the docking back and check if it works?

I would pick one up immediately, I already have the MHL adapter but not the docking. Been holding out for the HDMI out dock but if it works with the adapter I will pick it up.

Interested in the RND one. Thank you.

Scott586

Sep 12, 2010
Extended Battery

Man I really want a dock for my Rezound but I can NOT make it through a day on the standard battery, so I'm stuck with the extended battery and case. Is anyone making it though a day with only the stock battery?

It seems to me the mini-usb format would be a better choice for these phones. More sturdy and easier to plug in. The micro-usb format is too fragile IMO.

Is there ever going to be a dock to fit the Rezound with extended battery/case, or should I start shopping tape dispensers?

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
I now have 3 RND docks... One for my night stand, one for by the Lazyboy where i spend evenings and one at my office. The RND dock comes with a nice USB to MicroUSB cord (longer) for use with the AC adapter. It also comes with a transfer cable which I don't use. I rarely plug in the phone to transfer data, use an SFTP client to move files to and from the NAS at the house or over the net.

alphabets

Mar 18, 2010
PA
I now have 3 RND docks... One for my night stand, one for by the Lazyboy where i spend evenings and one at my office. The RND dock comes with a nice USB to MicroUSB cord (longer) for use with the AC adapter. It also comes with a transfer cable which I don't use. I rarely plug in the phone to transfer data, use an SFTP client to move files to and from the NAS at the house or over the net.

sorry if this is a silly Q, but what is the difference between the usb cable and the transfer cable?

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
sorry if this is a silly Q, but what is the difference between the usb cable and the transfer cable?

One is for charging and the other only does data transfers. Not sure why you would not just use a charge/data cable instead of just a data cable, but the charge only cable ensures the device sees the charger as an AC charger. The length is nice.

Via Rezound using XDA Premium

Reactions: alphabets

BeagleBoy

Mar 27, 2008
Overall, I like the rnd dock, but I find the blue led to be way too bright for my nightstand. And while the phone fits well, it sometimes takes me a few tries in the dark to get the phone onto the usb connector.

I wish the Rezound had pogo-pin contacts like the Nexus One.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
Overall, I like the rnd dock, but I find the blue led to be way too bright for my nightstand. And while the phone fits well, it sometimes takes me a few tries in the dark to get the phone onto the usb connector.

I wish the Rezound had pogo-pin contacts like the Nexus One.
I agree on both counts. In the dark without my glasses, it can be "fun" getting it docked, especially in the dark lying down. The blue light which is always on (both the RDN and the EZO) is like a laser in the night... I fixed it on all of them with black tape. I cover them both the LED's since I don't even have a second standard battery to charge in it (just an extended one which won't fit).

And the Nexus including the Gnexus has cool docking pins which makes using docks a lot easier..

It isn't that big of a deal though for either issue to me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0077EU85E/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

Just got this bad boy delivered today and so far, it works great and it has slot to charge a second battery but unfortunately not an extended battery. It does have a insert in the main cradle however that can be removed so you can charge the phone with certain cases and possibly an extended battery (Have not tested yet).

Pros:
    Can charge the phone and another Battery at the same time.
    Has a good weight and is very stable.
    Cheap!

Cons:
    The USB wall charger it comes with does not give you a full AC charge but a USB charge. I changed out the wall charger and I was back to AC.
    Can't charge the extended battery on it's own. (you might be able to do some cutting in order to make it fit however.)

EDIT**** I know I said that this will charge an extended battery but I'm not sure that's fact yet. I believe it will only fit certain cases and not sure if there is enough room for the extended battery. If after testing it does fit, I'll make the corrections here. Sorry if I got any false hopes up.
    can anyone confirm if the head set jack and still be used if its in the dock?

Confirmed! Listened to music all day at work.

KORM via the beast known as the Rezound.
    THANK YOU. i want a dock for work so i dont have to use a tape dispenser anymore. :D

Ghettotastic!

I can try the active case next week if someone else doesn’t beat me to it

Anyone know ifit works with either of the otterbox cases?

The docks I make work with the Otterbox Commuter, matter of fact the video demonstrating it using the HTC Rezound actually has a Otterbox Commuter on it in the video

I have never tried a Otterbox Defender so it may or may not work

CraigsDocks .com