[Rom] XDark ICS v2 Final {GSM} (4.0.3 ICS)

What features would you like to see in the next XDark ICS update?

• New themes

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • More xperia S features

Votes: 69 68.3%
  • More sony apps and widgets

Votes: 36 35.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Re: [Rom][GSM][XDark ICS](Android 4.0.3)[ICS] v0.2*AROMA installer*

So do the touchpads work with turbo.kernel because most ics roms touchpads don't work with turbo kernel?

Sent from my r800x using xda developers app

ravid1323

May 27, 2012
for super user, i am using the root from here http://www.mediafire.com/?5ttdn3ma6uh03o6 it work great

---------- Post added 18th March 2013 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 17th March 2013 at 11:44 PM ----------

Camera fixed!!

and the last thing, fixing SU

the camera fixed for turbo kernel? if that so, would you say how to fix it? or post flashable zip for camera fix for ics stock based roms on turbo kernel?

Last edited:

danzobiggins

Mar 18, 2013
Stoke
Help

Can anyone help me please i have a problem with my phone.
when im running games on my phone the phone will freeze and then crash/reboot i used different kernels and i have the same problem so im thinking it might be the rom so i wondering if anyone else have had this problem and how they fixed it.
Thanks

XDM inc

Mar 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Google Pixel Fold
|Advisory|

I am very sorry to announce that XDark ICS as of now 3/19/13 is now Temporary SUSPENDED!

The reason i am Suspending this project is because

1. i am running in to many errors, I fix one thing, another error occurs. It is very frustrating to fix these!

2. I now must study for a exam for a Job i have applied for and this will be very time consuming.

The project is NOT cancelled just postponed. Meaning that this project may resume ANYTIME. could be a day, could be a month, There's no set release date!

Sorry for the inconvenience :(

In the meanwhile there's many Great other ICS ROMS out there to try.

RoboticBuddy

Aug 14, 2012
I am very sorry to announce that XDark ICS as of now 3/19/13 is now Temporary SUSPENDED!

The reason i am Suspending this project is because

1. i am running in to many errors, I fix one thing, another error occurs. It is very frustrating to fix these!

2. I now must study for a exam for a Job i have applied for and this will be very time consuming.

The project is NOT cancelled just postponed. Meaning that this project may resume ANYTIME. could be a day, could be a month, There's no set release date!

Sorry for the inconvenience :(

In the meanwhile there's many Great other ICS ROMS out there to try.

It's fine, take as long as you need! Thanks for this great ROM, and good luck on your job exam! :D

Reactions: XDM inc

JAY48

Mar 12, 2013
Colombo
Hi xdarkmario,
I flashed V0.2 together with the LuPus GB+ICSV-05 kernel and it boots but my touch screen doesn't work. I ran the service settings menu ( *#*#7378423#*#* ) and under Software Info I get the following-
Touch Firmware Version:
The phone doesn't support firmware version read

Does this have anything to do with my unresponsive touchscreen? I saw another Xperia user's software info (not a R800i and doesn't mention what he's running) and his says '40'.
Thanks.

smokerman

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
Hi xdarkmario,
I flashed V0.2 together with the LuPus GB+ICSV-05 kernel and it boots but my touch screen doesn't work. I ran the service settings menu ( *#*#7378423#*#* ) and under Software Info I get the following-
Touch Firmware Version:
The phone doesn't support firmware version read

Does this have anything to do with my unresponsive touchscreen? I saw another Xperia user's software info (not a R800i and doesn't mention what he's running) and his says '40'.
Thanks.

flash stock firmware first and custom kernel and flash another rom,this one is pretty dead..and see if your touchscreen is back to life.:)

JAY48

Mar 12, 2013
Colombo
flash stock firmware first and custom kernel and flash another rom,this one is pretty dead..and see if your touchscreen is back to life.:)

Thanks for replying. The touch screen started working and stopped twice today. I've attached the screenshot of the service settings.

Why does it say "the phone doesn't support firmware version read" under Touch firmware version? Is this why the touch screen is intermittent?
I'll try flashing stock 0.58 enhanced again as it's the only ftf I have currently. I read that 0.62 ftf cannot be rooted so that's why I'm sticking with 0.58.
Regards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-05-13-44-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-05-13-44-07.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 92

smokerman

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
Thanks for replying. The touch screen started working and stopped twice today. I've attached the screenshot of the service settings.

Why does it say "the phone doesn't support firmware version read" under Touch firmware version? Is this why the touch screen is intermittent?
I'll try flashing stock 0.58 enhanced again as it's the only ftf I have currently. I read that 0.62 ftf cannot be rooted so that's why I'm sticking with 0.58.
Regards.

but you have unlocked bootloader right? you can find on my sig all for xperia..FTF kernels and roms and almost everything..if its locked bootloader flash .58 and one of the roms that support locked bootloader. try auroplay 1.0.1 or Miui gamer edition if you dont mind having all english language.:cool:

Reactions: JAY48

JAY48

Mar 12, 2013
Colombo
Bootloader is unlocked and the phone is rooted. The touch screen works intermittently so I'm going to order a new digitizer. Hopefully that'll fix it and I can start using the bloody thing again!
Regards.

Feb 19, 2013
Great rom

Thanks for such a great rom. I had almost giving up on ICS and JB. I had numerous roms, but everyone was buggy as hell. The best was the ICS beta. I like the fact, you didnt change much of the beta version. Everything runs smooth and fast...goodjob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey people!

This is my first Sony Ericsson ice cream sandwich rom. And the purpose of this rom was because I was tired of downloading hundreds of roms for my xperia play and all of them having some kind of pros and cons, like one would look really nice and fast but not have any touchpad support and vice versa.

So far i have tested mostly everything and found no errors, My phone is a R800x and therefore I can't test 3G/service so test it for me and tell me how it goes! :laugh:

UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY!

Download XDark ICS V0.1

Download XDark ICS V0.2

XDark ICS v0.2(Mirror)

V1 features
    *Features*
    -AROMA INSTALLER!
    -fast
    -WORKING WIFI! (tested with DooMKernel ICS BETA v03)
    -FULL TOUCHPAD SUPPORT!
    -based off stock Sony ICS/GB launcher
    -xLOUD included
    -MIUI music player
    -new Sony wigets and live wallpapers
    -Fully rooted
    -removed blotware
    -Screen Snapshot (hold power+Vol down)
    -link2SD
    -and much more!!

v2 updates

*CHANGELOG/ UPDATE LIST*
    -New lockscreen
    -fixed lockscreen media player
    -added torch app
    -NEW YOUTUBE APP!
    -added more xperia S features (apps)
    -cosmic flow live wallpaper (Xperia S live wallpaper)
    -updated ES file browser
    -fixed download ui

~XDark ICS V3 Canceled~

Unfortunately XDark ics v3 is Canceled, My phone is giving up on me slowly. for flashing back and forth between roms and kernels my xperia play is starting to suffer from a faulty NAND chip and wont function correctly on certain android versions. So i have flashed back to factory and might remain their. Sorry for the inconvenience:(
    It seems that people are very interested in this whole touch pad thing. I already said what I did and pointed you in the direction of it. The the touch pad files all rely in the FRAMEWORK and lib. The framework-Res.apk is in regular android but the jar files are ported from gingerbread because the touch pads worked there right? So anyone with a little or intermediate knowledge of Java coding can re write the jar files seeing how android is compiled of Linux, a little of C+ coding and Java. Then the all you do is edit and sign the input.jar, framework-Res.apk and framework.jar. as for the drivers they all reside in lib folder. is that so hard? :what:

Beamed from my R800x using Xda Premium
    Android 4.0.4 Changelog from 4.0.3:

- Stability improvements
    - Better camera performance
    - Smoother screen rotation
    - Improved phone number recognition

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

OK I'll try to update my sources now

Beamed from my R800x using Xda Premium
    My xdark ICS v0.2 is just about finished people! I am just compiling and final testing ny Rom.

Beamed from my R800x using xda premium
    So now we're badmouthing the only dev that managed to get the touchpads working?

Everyone suddenly jumps on the attack bandwagon and didn't even wait for the guy to say anything. He is probably working on the new version of the rom. Give him some time. Every single dev here want's to have a killer function that makes their rom special, and seemingly so does he. Eventually I'm sure everyone will get the fix.

This way you'll just frustrate the dev so he quits and never shares his finds. I have no idea what thought process results in saying "let's not download the rom till he says what he did" !?

Also it's not fair to criticize a dev when we have other devs around here pretty much saying: -"Donate" if you want a new version out, otherwise I won't have the motivation to develop.

For me that's the bigger crime.

I'm sorry for this little rant but this behavior is just revolting. People just want everything to be done the way they see fit, and on top of that it should be done right away, so they don't need to wait a day or two more.

The only thing that we, as users, are entitled to is the stock version that Sony included, and any potential official updates we get. Everything else is purely provided by the good will and effort of the devs on these forums. So to pester some of them with requests and threaten boycott because of something you think should happen, well, that's just plain wrong. And sad.

Keep up the good work xdarkmario, and all other great devs that give life to the Play. Cheers!