Diztronic TPU Case Review

Search This thread

svinyard

Jun 9, 2010
Just got two of these after seeing that the guy that makes (designs them) them actually is on XDA a lot and was very helpful while NOT hocking his product everywhere.

*UPDATED*
Originally the case covered part of the upper mic. I just removed the upper portion of the case and realigned it so the mic was centered when I re-attached that case. To easy. That was really the only draw back I had.

Pro's
1- Delivery was fast
2- Case was cheap (9$)
3- Shipping was (5$ for both)
4- Case is VERY low profile
5- Mat Black is oh so smooth and the front rim is a nice glossy black with more grip to it. This is nice as it makes it easy to hang on to.
6- Back design icon is cool looking
7- Kick stand still easy to access
8- Nice port access
9- Doesn't pull my Zagg Invishield HD screen cover off
10- Easy to get on and off
11- Doesn't scratch my phones finish
12- VERY light weight
13- Mat black with red highlights of the phone looks very sexy and pro
14- phone still fits in my pocket easily and doesn't collect dust etc.
15- Snug fit on the phone
16- Bezel is high enough on the front that my phone screen doesn't touch anything when laid on its face.
17- Camera is protected by slight bezel around it.
18- No "case buttons"...you still access the phones buttons which are nice

Con's
1- Power button is a little hard to depress initially but this is because the button is so high on the phones profile. Case flexes to alleviate this after a few uses though. I don't think this is the cases fault
2- Not many styles - My wife liked the Green Cruizer Lite better but not that much better. The android pattern on those cases looked cool but I don't know...after a while I do like the professional and sleek design of the Diztronic better. Plus the Cruizer Lite *looked* a little more bulky

Last edited:

ImaWinRAR

Sep 19, 2011
Chicago
good review

wish it came with a screen protector (thought it did bc it did with other phones, but it didnt).

note: you can readjust the case starting from the top of the phone to align the mic you said was covered. i noticed it blocked mine after reading your review so i took it off and readjusted the case and it doesnt cover it anymore

Reactions: svinyard

svinyard

Jun 9, 2010
good review

wish it came with a screen protector (thought it did bc it did with other phones, but it didnt).

note: you can readjust the case starting from the top of the phone to align the mic you said was covered. i noticed it blocked mine after reading your review so i took it off and readjusted the case and it doesnt cover it anymore

IDIOT! (Napoleon Dynamite voice)

Yeah I didn't even have to take the whole thing off...fix and looking perfectly.

*Updated Review*

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Got mine in today and it fits nicely and looks good, I just have one main complaint about it....should of covered the buttons...after holding it in hand those holes in the case on the sides get annoying to me, and the thin strip where the volume rocker is, is so flimsy im almost scared it might stretch too much over time, or break...havent had a TPU case with buttons covered that the function was more difficult than the phone without the case on, so dont really see the reasoning why to leave them open now...

to each their own though i guess...

spanky34

Jun 20, 2010
Champaign
I received my cases as well today. Originally I liked the high gloss translucent one best because it just looks really sharp. After just a couple of hours though, it was covered in smudges and fingerprints(like anything glossy).

The fit on both of the cases I received are spot on. Snug fit, all my buttons/openings line up perfectly, and doesn't add much bulk. Simply great cases for the cost.

I will be sticking with the matte black one for the foreseeable future based on just the smudge factor.

Alex@XDA

Jul 29, 2011
Miami
Got to tell you - after listening to so many recommendations from the group here I decided to get the case and boy, I am so glad I did.

The case is snug with minimal footprint, all cut outs match perfectly (prefer this from covered) and the flat black matte just compliments the Evo. The kickstand is also easily accessible and it got here ahead of schedule..

Two thumbs up!

Joey SR

Aug 2, 2010
heres some picture of my matte black case. Love the feel of it and slim fit

DSCN0092.jpg

DSCN0093.jpg

DSCN0094.jpg

DSCN0095.jpg

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
Very nice pix. Anyone have the website I can order some from?

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

dragon042

Apr 3, 2008
I agree that the power button is a bit difficult to depress initially. >_< That's my only qualm about this case!

tesla45

Apr 11, 2009
Got mine in today and it fits nicely and looks good, I just have one main complaint about it....should of covered the buttons...after holding it in hand those holes in the case on the sides get annoying to me, and the thin strip where the volume rocker is, is so flimsy im almost scared it might stretch too much over time, or break...havent had a TPU case with buttons covered that the function was more difficult than the phone without the case on, so dont really see the reasoning why to leave them open now...

to each their own though i guess...

Yeah case looks good overall, though I wish they had a version that covered the buttons and port so that the phone would be more water resistant (read: not waterproof, but at least ports/button holes would be protected from drippy hands at the least). Also, as people mentioned, it would be easier to precisely hit the various buttons if they weren't beneath the lip of the case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    heres some picture of my matte black case. Love the feel of it and slim fit

DSCN0092.jpg

DSCN0093.jpg

DSCN0094.jpg

DSCN0095.jpg
    good review

Very nice pix. Anyone have the website I can order some from?

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

http://tpu-cases.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=48_66
    Got the Diz case today and have to say I'm disappointed. Fits well but every time I hit the power button to turn off the screen, it re-boots my phone. Tried re-positioning it but doesn't seem to matter. Cheesey blue case from Sprint has worked fine. Seems to hold down the very sensitive evolte buttons. Going back to amazon, think I'll try the Seidio..:mad:

I went to Best Buy and bought the Platinum Case because the TPU's wasn't available yet and didn't want it to go naked. lol Got my TPU case today and the Platinum aka Seidio will never see my phone again. The true TPU cases from Diztronic are without question the best! I have had them on 6 different phones and every time I give another case a try I am disappointed and back to my TPU.

I can't imagine how the case would have anything to do with your phone rebooting when you turn off the screen. That is just plain weird! I have turned mine on and off trying to get it to do what you described and nothing. The exposed buttons are awesome! The Platinum Case button covers make all of the buttons hard to push. The camera button it is so hard to push it makes the phone shake causing the pics to look blurred. So anyway TPU has my vote for the best case out there!

I should also say that I got the Black Translucent and it has way more grip then the Platinum / Seidio. FYI The Platinum feels slick.

Great review by the thread starter! I would say it is right on.
    i hate this case
    its annoying when you are trying to press the buttons on the phone (power and camera and volume)

i have a case i bought for 2 dollars and it feels 10 times better
    silicone cases are better than TPU in my opinion

Lol yeah thats def debatable. I actually hate silicone cases. The floppy loose fit drives me crazy! TPU seems to be the best of both worlds. They absorb impact like a silicone case, yet offer some rigidness like a hard case.