[Q]Help! Xolo Q700 pattern lock, face unlock, not working. Only Pin & Passwords works

Search This thread

ilovetea

Apr 14, 2014
[Q]Help! Xolo Q700 pattern lock, face unlock, not working. Only Pin & Passwords works

Before someone says that i better search this forum before posting, let me say that i have indeed searched the entire forum and have encountered a few people who had the same problem but some how that got resolved after resetting the "clear credentials"..

Okay so i am putting my problems here with some info about my phone:

• My Phone is rooted.
    A few weeks back i had formatted the SD card, repartitioned it and installed Link2SD which is working fantastically :)

All this while i had pattern lock installed and then, i decided to change the unlock patterns and suddenly the option to unlock along with all the other options has been disabled with the following " disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage".

What all i have tried :

• i have tried reset credential storage: no result
    i have tried to disabled "Android Device Manager" : No Result
    i have disabled the XOLO Secure Extra Security : Not able to uncheck it , tried and failed ... it just doesn't uncheck :(

I have reset Xolo Secure and removed the password and done what i could to ensure that i do not enable security, but still, am not able to uncheck Xolo Secure Extra Security in Settings >>Security >> Device Administration

Please help ... am really frustrated...

Model : Xolo Q700

Reactions: thecoolster

Happiezer

Apr 7, 2014
Before someone says that i better search this forum before posting, let me say that i have indeed searched the entire forum and have encountered a few people who had the same problem but some how that got resolved after resetting the "clear credentials"..

• My Phone is rooted.
    A few weeks back i had formatted the SD card, repartitioned it and installed Link2SD which is working fantastically :)

All this while i had pattern lock installed and then, i decided to change the unlock patterns and suddenly the option to unlock along with all the other options has been disabled with the following " disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage".

What all i have tried :

i have disabled the XOLO Secure Extra Security : Not able to uncheck it , tried and failed ... it just doesn't uncheck :(

I have reset Xolo Secure and removed the password and done what i could to ensure that i do not enable security, but still, am not able to uncheck Xolo Secure Extra Security in Settings >>Security >> Device Administration

Factory reset will work.

thecoolster

Feb 10, 2014
Johannesburg

• My Phone is rooted.

What all i have tried :

Hey so believe me ..... I had a similar problem.....What I did was pretty simple....!!!!!
Step 1 check if the app can be deleted if not .....it is bloatware
Step 2 :
Well root your phone ....if u haven't check out this link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2791108
Step 3 :
Check out an app called nobloat, install it(it is present on the play store)
Step 4 :
Open it and remove the xolo secure app.
Step 5 :
If u want (u can use the link) u can download cwm recovery....
Step 6:
Boot into it and wipe dalvik cache and factory reset.

Well this is it ....remember to back up your device before factory reset....mostly it should work on clearing credentials after u have deleted the app ....but if it doesn't then follow step 5 and 6...

Hope I have helped !!!!

Sent from my Note3 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Hey so believe me ..... I had a similar problem.....What I did was pretty simple....!!!!!
Step 1 check if the app can be deleted if not .....it is bloatware

Step 2:
Check out an app called nobloat, install it(it is present on the play store)
Step 3:
Open it and remove the xolo secure app.
Step 4 :
If u want (u can use the link) u can download cwm recovery....
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2791108
Step 5 :
Boot into it and wipe dalvik cache and factory reset.

Well this is it ....remember to back up your device before factory reset....mostly it should work on clearing credentials after u have deleted the app ....but if it doesn't then follow step 4 and 5 ...

Hope I have helped !!!!

If u don't have cwm recovery or any recovery for that matter u can just do factory reset using settings...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• My Phone is rooted.

What all i have tried :