CPU Binning

Search This thread

red_can_soda

Aug 20, 2014
I keep hearing about this CPU binning done on qualcomm chips and that higher numbers mean you have a more stable chip and is built a little better?

Can anybody shed some light on this? I know that rating chips isn't anything new. Most OEMs do this because not every one of them is cut the same or hits the same tolerances during manufacturing, but can somebody confirm the "higher number" bins are the "better" ones?

Thanks.

Oh and nice to meet all of you, totally new here, and new to Android. I used to have an HTC Titan and JUST picked up my Note 3 not too long ago. A good friend of mine go me interested in Android and showed me this site :good::good::good: :D:D:D

Reactions: jdidtht

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
More or less a higher binned chip requires less juice to run than a lower binned chip... Now not all chips are the same and although a 3 should be more stable than a 2 at lower voltage you would basically have to test your device yourself to see what kind of results you get with voltage per your bin. Here's a question for you, why wouldn't you just wait a couple weeks and grab the note4?

Reactions: red_can_soda

red_can_soda

Aug 20, 2014
More or less a higher binned chip requires less juice to run than a lower binned chip... Now not all chips are the same and although a 3 should be more stable than a 2 at lower voltage you would basically have to test your device yourself to see what kind of results you get with voltage per your bin. Here's a question for you, why wouldn't you just wait a couple weeks and grab the note4?

Ok great yeah that makes perfect sense. Just wanted to see how my neighbors here in San Jose (Qualcomm) are running their quality control.

The reason I didn't wait was because I snagged this device for a great deal and from what I have been reading the Note 3 has some monster hardware already. I am a hardware junkie, sure, but it seems like 800 bucks for mobile device packing a THIRTY TWO bit platform.... eh... not for me.

I'm not locked into a contract right now. So, if the Note 4 absolutely wows me, I'll sell this one (which was purchased privately) and pick one up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I keep hearing about this CPU binning done on qualcomm chips and that higher numbers mean you have a more stable chip and is built a little better?

Can anybody shed some light on this? I know that rating chips isn't anything new. Most OEMs do this because not every one of them is cut the same or hits the same tolerances during manufacturing, but can somebody confirm the "higher number" bins are the "better" ones?

Thanks.

Oh and nice to meet all of you, totally new here, and new to Android. I used to have an HTC Titan and JUST picked up my Note 3 not too long ago. A good friend of mine go me interested in Android and showed me this site :good::good::good: :D:D:D