[Q] Flashing stock ROM to a bricked Nexus 4

Search This thread

Freakyy6

May 26, 2013
hello, how would I go about flashing a stock rom to a bricked nexus 4? ( wont boot or boot into recovery)

Thanks.

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
hello, how would I go about flashing a stock rom to a bricked nexus 4? ( wont boot or boot into recovery)

Thanks.

Are you able to boot into the bootloader? Or does the device not power on at all? If you are able to boot into the bootloader you can use fastboot to flash the latest Nexus 4 factory image, from here. If you have any questions at all don't hesitate to ask I will be happy to help you out.

Reactions: Freakyy6

Freakyy6

May 26, 2013
Are you able to boot into the bootloader? Or does the device not power on at all? If you are able to boot into the bootloader you can use fastboot to flash the latest Nexus 4 factory image, from here. If you have any questions at all don't hesitate to ask I will be happy to help you out.

Thanks for your help, no I cannot get into boot loader. The only thing it does is the red LED on the front work but only when its on charge or connect to a computer, my computer does not pick it up either.

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Unfortunately you would need JTAG equipment or need to send it in for RMA

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Freakyy6

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
I believe if its red led that the battery is full drained. See the links below. I never experienced red light but i know people who had it and they had drained battery and the step from productforums.google had worked for them so check beloe.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/nexus/PH2tdCKyR7Q
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2250454
Btw if you dont know what that is then google is your friend cause you will find it faster then to wait for somebody to respond. Hope it could help

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
JTAG is a method for flashing firmware/software directly to a logicboard via a bridge and a serial port. Not really for a novice and equipment may run about 100$ depending on how you set it up, but the software is often free
RMA is return merchandize on account, or authorization or something like that, it means to send device back to oem for refurbishing/warranty exchange

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts