[Q] Rooting a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx

Search This thread

LuvCustom1

Aug 8, 2014
Long Beach CA
Hello
I have a Droid Razr Maxx running Jellybean 4.1.2 from Nov 12 2013. It is really slow and it freezes a lot lately. I haven't installed any new apps since last year. I don't have any games on it and I have emptied the cache twice in the past two weeks. I want to root it so that I can do a complete backup because some of the apps i.e Fliq Notes will not backup to my laptop or SA card because their greedy and what me to subscribe to a cloud system. So I want to root it but have never done it before. Can anyone here who has successfully done it please give me some instruction or if someone knows of a repair company in Long Beach Ca who does it, please let me know. I would prefer to do it myself so that I can learn how but if I'm going to end up with a bricked phone I'll let someone else do it.
Thanks

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
Hello
I have a Droid Razr Maxx running Jellybean 4.1.2 from Nov 12 2013. It is really slow and it freezes a lot lately. I haven't installed any new apps since last year. I don't have any games on it and I have emptied the cache twice in the past two weeks. I want to root it so that I can do a complete backup because some of the apps i.e Fliq Notes will not backup to my laptop or SA card because their greedy and what me to subscribe to a cloud system. So I want to root it but have never done it before. Can anyone here who has successfully done it please give me some instruction or if someone knows of a repair company in Long Beach Ca who does it, please let me know. I would prefer to do it myself so that I can learn how but if I'm going to end up with a bricked phone I'll let someone else do it.
Thanks

try this, it is a one click app. i don't know that it has been confirmed on a version that old, but it should be backwards compatible i would think.
there are other exploits like motochopper and motopocalypse, but you would have to look through your devices forum to try and determine which one would be relevant for your older os version.

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Hello
Thanks

As mentioned above, you could try Towelroot. If that doesn't work, this is the method I used when I had that phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDV_72mPt4k

Links for drivers and utility in the description.

LuvCustom1

Aug 8, 2014
Long Beach CA
Rooting the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx

As mentioned above, you could try Towelroot. If that doesn't work, this is the method I used when I had that phone.

Links for drivers and utility in the description.
:D
Hello and thank you I went ahead and rooted my phone . I am now running Cyanogenmod 11, Titanium Backup Pro and I got all the apps and data that I wanted back. Only two issues, it seems like the network reception is slower and the battery dies faster. Also in the options to overclock and underclock the phone the option to set the lowest setting is grayed out. Other than that the phone works great.
Thanks again