XMAS Special : Free WM7 goldcard

Search This thread

viperbjk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2007
Munich
Happy XMAS :

Go and get your WM7 or Android goldcard for free :
(The goldcard generator works currently for all WM7 HTC phones, including Mozart, Trophy, Gold and Schubert)

Link to the goldcard generator

In order to use the WM7 goldcard, just use an OTG USB Cable with power connector (Y-Cable, see below)
and connect a sdcard reader to it.

Steps to do :
1. Use any FAT32 formatted sdcard and a wm5 or android device to generate the goldcard (Yet we do not know how to read the cid
using WM7)

2. Store the needed firmware file ruu_shipped.nbh to the sdcard (goldcard) with the right filename :
MOZAIMG.nbh for Mozart
SPARIMG.nbh for Trophy
SCHUIMG.nbh for Schubert
GOLDIMG.nbh for Gold
MONDIMG.nbh for Mondrian

3. Insert the sdcard into an sdcard reader (SDcard slot, not microsd-slot for multi readers), connect the y-cable with usb power and
then to the mobile.

4. Press camera+volume down+power on to enter the bootloader in host mode, firmware update will start then.

For OTG cable, you can buy an usb-to-mini-usb otg cable and a power usb adapter,
OR you can build it by yourself, see attachment.

WBR,
Viper BJK

Attachments

• y-cable.jpg
    y-cable.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 2,337
Last edited:

Jeanphi12

Nov 9, 2010
Is there a way to do it replacing directly the card in the slot of the device?
I create a goldcard using goldcard tool, the device see the card but when I update, I have "invalid vender ID". I have a HTC Trophy SFR branded.
Can you help me please?

Thank you in advance

Jean-Philippe

htakahasyd5

Mar 8, 2007
I create a goldcard using goldcard tool, the device see the card but when I update, I have "invalid vender ID". I have a HTC Trophy SFR branded.
Can you help me please?

Thank you in advance

Jean-Philippe

Would you please tell me the link for the goldcard tool?

idonxda

Jul 11, 2006
Can you help me please?

Thank you in advance

Jean-Philippe

Hi Jean, Please can you let me know how to get know CID for mozart on Orange UK. I downloaded the tool and selected both mmco, mmc1 options but always get Failed to get CID message.?

Jeanphi12

Nov 9, 2010
Goldcard tool find the CID only when using a linked device. I used my HTC Desire to find it. It did not work when I try with the SDHC in the PC.

idonxda

Jul 11, 2006
Happy XMAS :

In order to use the WM7 goldcard, just use an Host USB Cable (Developer Y-Cable) and connect a sdcard reader to it.

Edit :
For those who do not understand how to use the goldcard :

- Use any sdcard and a wm5 or android device to make the goldcard (Yet we do not know how to read the cid using WM7)
- Buy a Mini USB On the go Y-Cable like this one :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLOCK-USB-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1292614709&sr=8-1
Also buy a converter from standard usb to micro usb.
OR build a usb otg host cable by yourself.
- Get an external usb sdcard reader
- Connect the cable this way : Phone is connected to 1x usb sdcard reader and 1x usb port for power.
Then you can use your newly generated goldcard for flashing any HTC OEM Rom :)

WBR,
Viper BJK

Thank you, I might be stupidly confused, When I click the link for ordering the only thing I am missing CID, whats the CID is how do I get all basic question that noobie ask. Any chance to share the answers?

Thanks

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
is this also working for a hd7

edit :I need to read more :( , only for Mozart)

I hope you get it working for the other phones to :)

LOL , Ithink you have a Mozart :)

Last edited:

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
Happy XMAS :

In order to use the WM7 goldcard, just use an Host USB Cable (Developer Y-Cable) and connect a sdcard reader to it.

Edit :
For those who do not understand how to use the goldcard :

- Use any sdcard and a wm5 or android device to make the goldcard (Yet we do not know how to read the cid using WM7)
- Buy a Mini USB On the go Y-Cable like this one :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLOCK-USB-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1292614709&sr=8-1
Also buy a converter from standard usb to micro usb.
OR build a usb otg host cable by yourself.
- Get an external usb sdcard reader
- Connect the cable this way : Phone is connected to 1x usb sdcard reader and 1x usb port for power.
Then you can use your newly generated goldcard for flashing any HTC OEM Rom :)

WBR,
Viper BJK

I just tested this on a hd7 but it isn't seeing the sd card (I used the card for flashing on wm6.*) I tried all the connections on a Y-cable (the same as what you posted) :)

viperbjk

Nov 21, 2007
Munich
It should work fine using an sd cardreader and y-cable.

You might have problems with read-only sd cardreader

OR

if the sd cardreader isn't powered externally (means no sd card reader will work without dc power).

For the latter, be sure that you power the sd cardreader using an external power source.

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
It should work fine using an sd cardreader and y-cable.

You might have problems with read-only sd cardreader

How can I test/see that ?
I can write on it (I used it to put the .img and .nbh on it)

if the sd cardreader isn't powered externally (means no sd card reader will work without dc power).

For the latter, be sure that you power the sd cardreader using an external power source.

I did all this (I used the charger for that )

Aerox912

Jun 21, 2009
Maybe i'm just stupid, but what can i do with a goldcard on wp7? mozart doesn't even have a microsd card slot. yeah internally for the main sotorage, but i'm not planning on swapping that one very soon.

Lifeforce

Oct 26, 2006
Budapest
Thank you very much for the description, though some points are still not clear.
The black end of the Y cable goes to the device, the other black one goes to the SD card reader, the third one which is red colour gets power from the PC.
Through this there is no sync to the PC.
The question is which SD card should be the ROM copy, and under what name the ROM file?
Whoever done such thing before would be highly appreciated to hear the experiecnes!
Thank you in advance, Lifeforce

Last edited:

viperbjk

Nov 21, 2007
Munich
Just to clear things up :

1. The goldcard generator works currently for all WM7 HTC phones, including Mozart, Gold and Schubert.

2. Connect the y-cable with sdcard reader and inserted goldcard, connect power usb to notebook or charger.

3. Press camera+volume down+power on to enter the bootloader in host mode.

If you haven't got a y-cable (otg), you can build it by yourself, see attachment.

Attachments

• y-cable.jpg
    y-cable.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 102,423
Last edited:

Lifeforce

Oct 26, 2006
Budapest
Just to clear things up :

1. The goldcard generator works currently for all WM7 HTC phones, including Mozart, Gold and Schubert.

2. Connect the y-cable with sdcard reader and inserted goldcard, connect power usb to notebook or charger.

3. Press camera+volume down+power on to enter the bootloader in host mode.

If you haven't got a y-cable (otg), you can build it by yourself, see attachment.

What you wrote is all clear!
The question was, how the ROM will be on the device?
As the PC gives only power to the card reader, ROM cannot be installed from there. (there is no data connection with the PC)
So it seems only solution is that RUU_signed.nbh file should be renamed to something
eg. MOZIMG.NBH (it is a make up word, do not try it )
So the question remains, what should be the name of RUU_signed.nbh, and if it should be copied to the built-in SD card or to the GOLD card?
I expect this upon the connection Schematic and the cable which you sent a link of.

viperbjk

Nov 21, 2007
Munich
The ruu_signed.nbh should be stored on the goldcard with the filename :

- SCHUIMG.nbh for Schubert
- MONDIMG.nbh for Mondrian
- MOZAIMG.nbh for Mozart

And the goldcard should be in the sdcard reader connected to usb cable.

Reactions: Lifeforce

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Happy XMAS :

(The goldcard generator works currently for all WM7 HTC phones, including Mozart, Trophy, Gold and Schubert)

In order to use the WM7 goldcard, just use an OTG USB Cable with power connector (Y-Cable, see below)
    and connect a sdcard reader to it.

Steps to do :
    1. Use any FAT32 formatted sdcard and a wm5 or android device to generate the goldcard (Yet we do not know how to read the cid
    using WM7)

2. Store the needed firmware file ruu_shipped.nbh to the sdcard (goldcard) with the right filename :
    MOZAIMG.nbh for Mozart
    SPARIMG.nbh for Trophy
    SCHUIMG.nbh for Schubert
    GOLDIMG.nbh for Gold
    MONDIMG.nbh for Mondrian

3. Insert the sdcard into an sdcard reader (SDcard slot, not microsd-slot for multi readers), connect the y-cable with usb power and
    then to the mobile.

4. Press camera+volume down+power on to enter the bootloader in host mode, firmware update will start then.

For OTG cable, you can buy an usb-to-mini-usb otg cable and a power usb adapter,
    OR you can build it by yourself, see attachment.

WBR,
    Viper BJK
    Yes, internal sdcard should also be fine. However, the goldcard generator is only for htc mozart right now. I'll have a look if HTC Trophy can be also added.
    Work Perfectly on my Trophy (Vodafone france).

I have used my old blackstone as card reader :p (boot android to found cid with GoldCardTool).
    thanks a lot.
    Thanks to the help of xboxmod I have now managed to create a goldcard and flash my O2 Branded HD7 into the HTC Europe Unbranded Model.

He did say he was going to put together a post explaining what he had done, but he hasn't done this yet and I dont want to steal his thunder but I am just wanting to put together what I have done to try and help out others.

Basically the cable I used was a 2 USB Y to Mini USB Cable - they normally come with portable 2.5inch hard drives - I bought a Female to Female USB Coupler earlier on in the day which then allowed me to chain my micro USB cable so the phone could be plugged in. Initially I was trying the card reader I had for flashing but it wasnt working, probably because it was a multi reader and not just SD. After XboxMod said he managed to do it directly from his WM6 phone I decided to try this (I have a HTC Diamond 2 and a HTC Touch Pro).

I tried all evening with a 2gb MicroSD card, but it didnt work at all. So in the end I used a 1GB MicroSD.

Anyway this is basically what I did, its late now over here so I'll be brief.

I had problems with PSAS in getting the SD CID, so in the end used my girlfriends Android phone and a cool little utility called goldcard helper (or something to that name) when I compared it with the results I was getting in PSAS the issue seemed to be that PSAS was reversing the CID as required, but instead of my digits been two 0's at the start like they should have been, they were two 2's instead. So I dont know if that helps anyone, if they have similar problems. More testing is probably needed.

I formatted the memory card to FAT32.

I used Windows Mobile for all this process so once again in PSAS I went into the WINCE card tools while the phone was set to ActiveSync and then selected write image file and chose the goldcard.img

Once this was done I then switched back to diskmode, copied goldcard.img to the storage card (not sure if this is needed) and then copied the HTC_Europe ROM for the device. I then renamed it to SCHUIMG.nbh.

I plugged the mini USB into the end of my Y Cable, and plugged power into from a USB on my PC. Then lastly booted into USB Host mode on the HD7 (power, volume down, camera) - make sure you keep it held down right until the screen comes up.

It then stats on the screen SCHUIMG.nbh and begins flashing - takes about 10 minutes - at the end of it I now have a unbranded HD7 :)

Thanks to the help of xboxmod this evening, and thanks to the original poster for pointing out the WP7 goldcard method.

Adam