Compatible Games with PS3 Controller

Search This thread

Randomsanity

Aug 18, 2010
Thanks for the list guys. It's too bad I missed the 49 cent sale on Shadowgun because I didn't have my tablet at the time and it's not compatible with my phone :(

lilei

Nov 25, 2011
If you get the sixaxis controller app you can play any game with the tablet. Just make sure you have a sony PS3 controller. I bought a sixaxis non sony one an it doesn't work but I bought a sony one from my friend and it works flawlessly.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

viper3ez

Jun 4, 2009
Houston-Soon-to-be-NY
If you get the sixaxis controller app you can play any game with the tablet. Just make sure you have a sony PS3 controller. I bought a sixaxis non sony one an it doesn't work but I bought a sony one from my friend and it works flawlessly.

wrong. these listed here are the games that work. thats the point of this thread

Pinesal

Jan 28, 2009
The Onlive app now supports the PS3 controller. So you can play any of their gamepad games on the Tablet S with a PS3 gamepad now.

lilei

Nov 25, 2011
What? Lol people wanna play some of the games that don't work and this app makes them work. So they work...

lilei

Nov 25, 2011
With the ps3 controller of the course. Mebe other controllers too but I never tried

djaar

Apr 4, 2012
wrong. these listed here are the games that work. thats the point of this thread

Not sure if lelei was referring to the touch emulator feature in the sixaxis controller app but it makes almost every game with onscreen controls work very well with the ps3 controller. I've only tried age of zombies so far but it works flawlessly.

shpapy

Apr 22, 2011
did anyone tried mass effect with a controller? i dont want to buy the game and find out later
also nova 3
thanks a lot.

IVILyric

Aug 18, 2009
I dont't have Nova 3 but it looks like Mass Effect doesn't work with the PS3 controller. I can confirm that the Max Payne does though.

Reactions: shpapy

dantheman122

Sep 20, 2011
Brisbane
I've tried NOVA 3 and it wouldn't work with the control. Not sure if it's been updated since launch? I've been studying for exams so haven't looked.

Reactions: shpapy

hogaburger

Mar 20, 2012
www.dvdactive.com
The new Max Payne game application works great with the PS3 controller.

Here's some default mappings:

D-Pad/Left Analog Stick: movement
Right Analog Stick: aim
L1/R1: cycle weapons
L2: Bullet time
R2: Shoot/use weapon
Triangle: reload
Circle: take painkillers
X: use/open doors
Square: Jump/roll if strafing
Start: Game menu

Had to turn the resolution and textures down a bit to keep it running smoothly during shootouts, but overall the app works very well. More compatible than playing Max Payne on Windows 7 ;)

pranjal87

May 21, 2007
Dehradun
Confirmed:

Virtua Tennis
I suggest you should try games meant for xperia play, cause virtua tennis works flawless, it already has all the buttons mapped.

zamth2001

Aug 10, 2010
Confirmed:

Virtua Tennis
I suggest you should try games meant for xperia play, cause virtua tennis works flawless, it already has all the buttons mapped.

It's the only game that work perfectly and not need to map the buttons. I wonder,are there anyother games that work perfectly like Virtua Tennis?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    List of Working and non working titles

I got up early and started testing a few games. I'll include a list of non working titles as well just so everyone knows. Any notes will be in brackets after the title :)

NOTE: I decided to add an Almost working section in the middle of the list. Theres a couple games that nearly work 100% but a critical button doesn't work. Emailing the devs may get that fixed promptly!

WORKING

-Shadowgun
    -SupaSupaX (Unable to pause with controller)
    -Muffin Knight (Have to jump with up on d-pad)
    -All PS1 games from the PS Store
    -Soulcraft THD (Works great!!!)
    -Sleepy Jack (Works....but controls are a little weird. You click the left stick to shoot and click the right stick to use the slow bomb)
    -Grand Theft Auto 3
    -Shine Runner
    -Symphony of eternity (Although you need to click the left stick to accept combat decisions)

ALMOST WORKING

-They Need to be Fed (left/right work on dpad and analog stick, but jump doesn't!)
    -Karoshi (Left/right working on dpad and stick again, but unable to jump)
    -Dark Incursion (Jump and shoot are combined into the X button..powers don't work)
    -Reckless getaway (Left right work, can't activate pickups)

NOT WORKING

-Pocket Legends
    -Dungeon Defenders
    -Bang Bang Racing THD (Drag...I can barely play this with the on screen controls)
    -Dead On arrival
    -Attack from outer space
    -Wind up Knight
    -Mike V- Skateboard Party
    -Summit X Snowboarding
    -Minecraft Pocket Edition
    -Destinia
    -Megastunt Mayhem
    -Age of Zombies
    -Puffle Launch

That's it for now. Is it possible for a moderator to keep a stickied post at the top of all 100% working games? If not, no big deal. We can just periodically copy/paste all working games with new additions as the last post.
    Hi Guys,
    Can anyone confirm the games which are compatible with PS3 Controller?
    I am thinking of buying one..

LIST OF COMPATIBLE GAMES:
    GTA3
    Muffin Knight
    Pool Break
    Riptide GP
    ShadowGun
    Shine Runner
    Sonic CD
    Soulcraft THD
    Try n confirm these:
    Samurai vengeance
    Pool break
    Asphalt6

sent via awesome aRc (rooted 2.3.4)
    I dont't have Nova 3 but it looks like Mass Effect doesn't work with the PS3 controller. I can confirm that the Max Payne does though.
    I've tried NOVA 3 and it wouldn't work with the control. Not sure if it's been updated since launch? I've been studying for exams so haven't looked.