Thanks Meter 460
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by craigels
What would be your main tips for saving battery life
Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
If you're willing to sacrifice a bit of functionality for good old fashioned manual control, the best things to do are:
- Turn off all
Sync options (so you have to manually retrieve email, update facebook and such)
- Turn off WiFi when you're not using it
- Turn off Mobile Data when you're not actively using it (when you turn off auto sync, leaving mobile data on is a bit pointless.
) This makes about 2 days of difference.
- Kill off as much bloatware as you can, the amount possible differs between root and non-root. (I'm not rooted.) Particularly the Google Play related and Samsung Hub apps tend to remain active even if you never use them. We never even had Google Play Music and Books here as they were US only, and yet the apps kept running anyway.
- Set the screen brightness as low as you find comfortable. I know the screen is gorgeous, but it's also one of the main drains
- Turn off GPS and all location settings (in both Settings and in Maps.)
- Disable all auto-update features in Google Play, Android itself and such
- Don't run too many widgets
- Black eats less battery than white in terms of screen drain (as black on AmoLED is a disabled led.) So a black background/wallpaper/theme on something will drain less than a White one. (Which makes all the white websites twice as irritating.)
If you get a decent battery life with all these settings, you can then decide one by one what is and isn't worth turning back on.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.