ROOT S720C (Samsung Proclaim straight talk)

Search This thread

glitchbit

Jul 27, 2007
I found the answer on how to enable ETS Channel. Once you type in **DEBUG on the dialer you will be presented with all the options you need. (Of course you also need to know the SPC/MSL, but I've already given that one to you ;P )

Enjoy!

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

This info was really useful to me. I've been trying for a while to get my msl and this worked perfectly. Thank you...

Sent from Proclaim w/ TapaTalk 2

No problem, I'm glad I've been able to help someone out.

I had accidentally quoted myself earlier when I intended to edit the original post, so I was sorta asking a mod to delete my double post since I could not figure out how to do it myself.

diamondbacc

May 19, 2011
Sioux Falls
I'm a noob...4 sure. I desperately need help on getting cwm to this phone. Is ANY help available?

I emailed shabbypenguin asking if there was any progress on a custom rom n his answer was 'afraid there isnt any'. If u hav any luck finding help let us kno. In the meantime lets all praise white jesus (and shabbypenguin + the other devs here at xda) that we can root our Proclaims lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Proclaim

atvspecialties

May 5, 2010
Dunn, NC
This is a post by MegaGamerGuy over at androidarea51.com It's a fix for the sd card being write protected. IT WORKS!!! I've done it on my proclaim and a few others have too. You can use terminal emulator on the phone to do this.

I found a quick fix!

go into the adb shell and type:

echo /dev/block/vold/179:9 > /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun1/file

Edit:
This mounts iso files!
echo /etc/autorun.iso > /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun0/file

Another update:
/etc/vold.fstab
change lun0 to lun1.
save vold.fstab.
reboot.
connect as usb mass storage device.

Last edited:
Reactions: diamondbacc

ndowens

Nov 15, 2012
Alabama
I have rooted my phone using the Android Area51 method. They use a proclaim as the base kernel instead of the illusion so 3g/wifi will work. I have created my own guide on how to do this including how to fix the SD card issue

Everything works on my phone now. No issues at all. Maybe this will help anybody wanting to root their Proclaim

Since I am not allowed to post links here yet, search Frihost's site for the rooting proclaim guide I have wrote.

Also they, androidarea51 is working on getting cwm working on the phone as well. From what I hear, they are getting close.

Last edited:
Reactions: pbrian138

pbrian138

Apr 18, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I have rooted my phone using the Android Area51 method. They use a proclaim as the base kernel instead of the illusion so 3g/wifi will work. I have created my own guide on how to do this including how to fix the SD card issue

Everything works on my phone now. No issues at all. Maybe this will help anybody wanting to root their Proclaim

Since I am not allowed to post links here yet, search Frihost's site for the rooting proclaim guide I have wrote.

Also they, androidarea51 is working on getting cwm working on the phone as well. From what I hear, they are getting close.

did you do the bootanimation fix?

ndowens

Nov 15, 2012
Alabama
Didn't use the boot animation. I didn't need it, though I have not tried replacing the boot animation either.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Proclaim using XDA app

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Also after flashing the new kernel you will lose 3g but it is an easy fix, do *28890 and you week gain 3g again

atvspecialties

May 5, 2010
Dunn, NC
I did run the boot animation fix and have changed it several times since. Whichever animation you download/use just rename it to sanim.zip and place it in /system/etc I believe..

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockindad

pbrian138

Apr 18, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Didn't use the boot animation. I didn't need it, though I have not tried replacing the boot animation either.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Also after flashing the new kernel you will lose 3g but it is an easy fix, do *28890 and you week gain 3g again

Your guide worked perfectly. I have not done the sd card fix because it seems to be fine without the fix. I also use airdroid for all data transfer from my computer to my phone.
I also seemed to have 3g without dialing *22890 as I downloaded an app but after that I went ahead and dialed *22890 to be safe.
Everything seems to be working fine on my phone. Wifi and gps along with phone/text.
Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using xda app-developers app

ndowens

Nov 15, 2012
Alabama
Your guide worked perfectly. I have not done the sd card fix because it seems to be fine without the fix. I also use airdroid for all data transfer from my computer to my phone.
I also seemed to have 3g without dialing *22890 as I downloaded an app but after that I went ahead and dialed *22890 to be safe.
Everything seems to be working fine on my phone. Wifi and gps along with phone/text.
Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using xda app-developers app

You're welcome, I hope this helps others as well. I am hoping sometime soon that CWM will be ported for this phone as well. One post said he will start back on it whenever he can afford to get a proclaim to develop for.

OneLostHero

Feb 24, 2013
Has anyone had any luck connecting to cdma workshop or DFS and getting it to read? I rooted and have the msl and its in debugging mode shows up connects on cdma but
wont read anything

cwwilson721

Mar 11, 2012
androidarea51 has cwm in testing and debugging stages for the Samsung Proclaim and Samsung Illusion,

proclaimcwm.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^PROCLAIM

illusioncwm.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ILLUSION
more info available on androidarea51.com....

Actually, it's released/working for VIP members.

Will have a General Public release for it soon, too, along with:

ROMS!
EASIER ROOT!

So come on by to:

www.AndroidArea51.com

irc chat on the webpage
ONLY Proclaim/Illusion CWM
ONLY Real working ROMs for the Proclaim/Illusion
ONLY CWM V6 for the Merit/Avail
The ONLY no root/no ADB method for rooting/Romming/CWM for the Avail/Merit
THE home for ANYTHING to do with those cheap pre-paid phones nobody wants to dev for
The place to get LIVE HELP

Keri24601

May 28, 2013
MSL Proclaim FB07 / LI02

So after spending too much time at this I happened over an interesting method.. and that was to simply use the free LauncherPro and create a shortcut on the main screen for com.android.hiddenmenu.advanced. You simply install LauncherPro and hold down on the main screen to create a shortcut then go into Activities and scroll down to com.android.hiddenmenu and there are a ton of options there. A lot of them will not actually open up even when you try this method but advanced will open and ask for a SPC code and when it fails aLogCat will log the correct code!!

So to sum it up
1. Download LauncherPro
2. Download alogcat & use msl filter
3. Create a shortcut/activities
4. com.android.hiddenmenu.advanced
5. open the shortcut and type in a bad SPC
6. Success you have now logged your SPC in alogcat.

Nm.. I went ahead and took a look but it does not appear like the hiddenmenu contains any references to the "secret code(s)" and I know creating a shortcut to ETS Channel fails.. so maybe it is the hiddenmenu.apk? Otherwise I am not sure how to fix it if the phone is lacking in some way.

I've sucessfully used this method on my proclaim(FB07). The problem however, is I just bought my wife a proclaim (LI02), and the loop hole has been closed. I've since looked at the HiddenMenu.odex from both phones in a hex editor. They both contain the string "MSL response incoming!". But only the FB07 contains "MSL result :". I've tried coping the FB07 apk and odex to the newer phone, but HiddenMenu wont load. Would there be any way to trick the LI02 into running the older version? Or should i downgrade, then upgrade again, to get the MSL.

I've also tried deodexing, and decompiling, I'm having a problem, there is no code, and the two strings are not listed in the resources.

Thanks,
God Bless

1LosTCaus3

Oct 9, 2012
I dont know if this is the right place to post this info but i just wanted to put it out there that xda member alephzain Framaroot.apk works on the Galaxy Proclaim.

cell matters

Apr 12, 2014
Great Working Info

So after spending too much time at this I happened over an interesting method.. and that was to simply use the free LauncherPro and create a shortcut on the main screen for com.android.hiddenmenu.advanced. You simply install LauncherPro and hold down on the main screen to create a shortcut then go into Activities and scroll down to com.android.hiddenmenu and there are a ton of options there. A lot of them will not actually open up even when you try this method but advanced will open and ask for a SPC code and when it fails aLogCat will log the correct code!!

So to sum it up
1. Download LauncherPro

Nm.. I went ahead and took a look but it does not appear like the hiddenmenu contains any references to the "secret code(s)" and I know creating a shortcut to ETS Channel fails.. so maybe it is the hiddenmenu.apk? Otherwise I am not sure how to fix it if the phone is lacking in some way.

This was great information!! I t took me about 30 minutes to get the phone to throw out the code in alogcat, but I now have a unlocked Proclaim.:laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Figured out how to get the MSL code!

So to sum it up
    1. Download LauncherPro

This is a post by MegaGamerGuy over at androidarea51.com It's a fix for the sd card being write protected. IT WORKS!!! I've done it on my proclaim and a few others have too. You can use terminal emulator on the phone to do this.

I found a quick fix!

go into the adb shell and type:

echo /dev/block/vold/179:9 > /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun1/file

Edit:
    This mounts iso files!
    echo /etc/autorun.iso > /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun0/file

Another update:
    /etc/vold.fstab
    change lun0 to lun1.
    save vold.fstab.
    reboot.
    connect as usb mass storage device.

I did run the boot animation fix and have changed it several times since. Whichever animation you download/use just rename it to sanim.zip and place it in /system/etc I believe..