What is your experience with SanDisk 64gb cards and the Note 2?

Search This thread

Nutzy

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
I'm returning a fake card to amazon as we speak

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

jellyhead

Sep 3, 2010
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 8
I've had mine about 1 week and I also bought from Amazon. I hope to have better luck than others with this card. I left it formatted exFat and it's working great so far. I'll come back to this thread later and update with extended results

jusliloleme

May 13, 2011
Apple Valley
Been running my SanDisk 64gb card on my Note 2 since last April when I first got the phone. No problems with the card or phone since. Well, other than operator error that is :D

mi7chy

Oct 26, 2008
Bought two Sandisk 64GB direct from Amazon Dec 2012. Formatted in Note II, Note 10.1 and Note 3 and they still work.

Avoid Amazon 3rd party sellers and questionable sources like Ebay as there are a lot of fakes.

Keep in mind that Sandisks are Made in China. If you want better assurance spend a little more and get Made in South Korea Samsung media.

For those claiming that customer recovery doesn't work with their SD card it's probably because they're running a version of TWRP, CWM, etc. that doesn't support exFAT.

dew7

Mar 28, 2011
lithonia
i have a 64 i dont use. it started acting up after a week. i still have but im using a 32. not sure if it was the phone or the sd. i had to kinda jimmy rig the 32 to get it to work.

mattymo

May 29, 2010
My SanDisk 64gb flaked out on me. lost a ton of pictures. back onto my 16gb with no issues whatsoever.

synapsesboob

May 16, 2013
Had mines for 1.5yrs and no problems,no data loss, no lag, no issues whatsoever. I also have a PNY 64GB that's been magnificent.

Redapple63

Dec 30, 2013
plus.google.com
The lack of a 32gb Note 2 means I would have to use a 64gb card with it, we're I to purchase the phone. I currently have a 32gb S3. I originally bought a 64gb card with my S3 but experienced nothing but problems with it. When I go to the SanDisk support forums it appears I am not the only one; lots of people report the exact same problem, the card would basically die after 1hr to a couple of days. Card would show as damaged on phone, require a reformat, reformat would fail. Nothing could be done after that. I have used both a SanDisk and a Samsung 32gb card for years in various phones with no problems of any kind. When the problem happened with the 64GB card, I returned it, was told it was defective when it didn't work for the seller, was given a replacement, and the same thing happened. The seller just returned my money and said they didn't want to sell me anymore cards because they didn't know how I was f'ing them up. They couldn't get them to work again either. I ask because this is the only thing keeping me from buying a Note 2 TODAY. Anyone using a SanDisk 64gb card with theirs?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

I have had my 64g Scandisk in my Note 2 since I bought it in Nov 2012. It is about half full now and have never had a problem with it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

crbnfbr

Dec 14, 2013
I have a 64gb Sandisk class 10 card that I got about two months ago. I had to replace a 32gb Sandisk class 10 that crapped out on me after a year. So far I've experienced no issues at all.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

cbrinnny

Sep 24, 2013
My 64GB lasted for about 6 months. Waiting for Sandisk to send me the replacement. I will use it only as a spare, purchased a different brand and it is working good so far.

siegal9

Jan 12, 2013
I've used the sd swap and put a ton of games, videos, movies as well as some theming and treat that card like crap. Delete install delete install delete install and it keeps on going. Almost a year and its perfect.

amoot329

Dec 23, 2012
I wonder when phones will be able to have increased storages. I've read news about Sandisk coming out with a 128gb microsd card that's Class 10/uhs-1. With the issues going on with 64gb, I have my doubts that it would be anything but easy to get a 128gb running.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not 100% sure because I haven't tested out yet but I'd heard exFat formatted SD cards WOULD NOT be supported on AOKP, CM10, or non-touchwiz based roms.....
    If you use touchwiz based roms such as Jelly 'Beans' build 9 or clean roms, you'll be fine.
    2 things that people report about these cards are

#1.apparently the first batch that were sold in 2012 were defective but sandisk is accepting responsibility and insuring a full warranty exchange for a new one from the new pile

heres an email straight from Sandisk

Sandisk has been experiencing a higher than normal return rate on their 64gb cards and has recalled a part of their inventory. They will be replacing the defective units with working ones. Expect a delay of about a week.

everyone should be safe to buy these now

#2 there seems to be a problem with a double partition on these cards ? some note 2s have issues with it some dont (go figure) but there is a way to remove the 2nd partition which requires a small amount of work and patience and if you made it to this site then you obviously can do both. its somewhere in the forum just do a quick search.
    Sandisk class 10 64gb. Running beans 10 vrall kernel. No formatting or problems with other roms so far.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app