US Verizon Version Details: Galaxy S3

Search This thread

XdrummerXboy

May 21, 2012
AZ
I can't wait for this. Been looking for a new phone for the past few months and have waited to see when this comes out. Hopefully in June! Gotta get off my Motorola crap.

Crossing my fingers for a release that's Riiiiiight when I get back from a 2.5 week stay in Europe! :D Or, ya know, sooner! :p

kls629

Dec 19, 2011
Sounds like the quad-core is the best for your situation too. BUT... I heard that the international version doesn't work with Verizon or AT&T. Maybe they just meant "Compatible with 4G" for those networks, I'm not sure... But look into it a bit more to make sure, I don't see how it wouldn't work with standard 3G cell towers :)

the international phone from amazon will not work with any Verizon service and will work on ATT 3G.

BBJon

Jan 20, 2012
I think that Sprint will soon follow suit and get rid of unlimited data. Especially since the rise of Android devices that are so easily rooted to allow wi-fi teathering to other devices.

If the GS3 comes out anything short of a quad core, game changing beast, then I'm not going to upgrade. I just bought the GS2 (epic touch 4G as Sprint calls it) and it's running circles around my old Evo 4G.

I'm sick of these half step increments to keep us buying! Now Sprint is making the move from Wi-Max to LTE so my ET4G is already out dated. I'm hoping that there is a firmware upgrade for the radios to make the Wi-Max phones LTE compatible.

Elite49

Jul 5, 2011
News hit that Canada may have the Galaxy S3 available for sale on June 20th. Does that mean Verizon may get it then as well? :D

Source: http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog/2012/05/leaked-screenshot-reveals-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-may-hit-canada-june-20th/

It may mean a week or so before. We are guaranteed for a June release at least that's what Samsung said at their press stuff. Theirs also the rumor of Verizon getting it before others in an exclusive deal.

I just want a new phone darn it.

XdrummerXboy

May 21, 2012
AZ
It may mean a week or so before. We are guaranteed for a June release at least that's what Samsung said at their press stuff. Theirs also the rumor of Verizon getting it before others in an exclusive deal.

I just want a new phone darn it.

Hmm... What kind of exclusive deal?! Give us a link!
Any perks for the buyers of the phone, or strictly a business deal?

Muckrak3r

Sep 16, 2010
Verizon having an early exclusive deal is certainly news considering we haven't heard a flipping definitive thing yet as far as Verizon is concerned. I hope it's true!

primetime34

Jul 18, 2011
I would certainly love this. I am looking to upgrade now and am looking at the Razr Maxx but if this is coming, I may wait.

kls629

Dec 19, 2011
I would certainly love this. I am looking to upgrade now and am looking at the Razr Maxx but if this is coming, I may wait.

I was looking for an upgrade too, but when i heard sgs3 would be coming to verizon i am holding off for this one.

i would not jump on the razr maxx either, as i was going to pull the trigger and found a rumor that the razr maxx HD version (720p) will be released before or around the same time as the sgs3. also notice how the razr maxx dropped to $200 is a big red flag that a new phone is coming soon.

the rumor on the exclusive deal for verizon has made its rounds, as it was stated verizon may have a deal with samsung to release the phone before any other provider (ATT, T-Mobile, or Sprint). As this phone is the sponsored phone for Olympics i would doubt the "exclusive" release would last merely a week or two.

though samsung did guarantee the phone will be available in 120+ countries by july does mean june is the date on or around the 20th

remember all rumors are not confirmed ;)

kls629

Dec 19, 2011
I was looking for an upgrade too, but when i heard sgs3 would be coming to verizon i am holding off for this one.

i would not jump on the razr maxx either, as i was going to pull the trigger and found a rumor that the razr maxx HD version (720p) will be released before or around the same time as the sgs3. also notice how the razr maxx dropped to $200 is a big red flag that a new phone is coming soon.

the rumor on the exclusive deal for verizon has made its rounds, as it was stated verizon may have a deal with samsung to release the phone before any other provider (ATT, T-Mobile, or Sprint). As this phone is the sponsored phone for Olympics i would doubt the "exclusive" release would last merely a week or two.

though samsung did guarantee the phone will be available in 120+ countries by july does mean june is the date on or around the 20th

remember all rumors are not confirmed ;)

well another rumor out of t-mobile http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_...for-t-mobiles-samsung-galaxy-iii-galaxy-note/ shows that the pebble blue 16gb and 32gb will be available on june 20th and white 16gb on july 11th, along with the galaxy note

the rumor of the 20th looks very promising

Hotobu

May 27, 2012
Until the blue 64gb S3 drops over here it's dead to me. I've heard "sometime later" for the 64 gig version, but I have no idea when. Hopefully it'll roll out with the rest of the line, but I somehow doubt it.

kls629

Dec 19, 2011
Until the blue 64gb S3 drops over here it's dead to me. I've heard "sometime later" for the 64 gig version, but I have no idea when. Hopefully it'll roll out with the rest of the line, but I somehow doubt it.

the fact that this phone includes sd slot and dropbox space, why would you need 64gb phone for?

also by the time 64gb comes out the family shared plan could be effective and end spending a lot of money

Hotobu

May 27, 2012
the fact that this phone includes sd slot and dropbox space, why would you need 64gb phone for?

also by the time 64gb comes out the family shared plan could be effective and end spending a lot of money

"I can't envision myself needing this feature, so you shouldn't need it, and you're crazy to want it."

XdrummerXboy

May 21, 2012
AZ
"I can't envision myself needing this feature, so you shouldn't need it, and you're crazy to want it."

There is truth to what you said.

But in terms of money (for the average user) it just makes more sense to get an SD card.

There are probably only a couple reasons to get the 64GB version
1) if you want EVERYTHING on the PHONE, not relying on an SD card
2) if you want 128GB worth of storage (178 including dropbox) which is insanity unless you have hundreds of movies you want to put on the phone, or 30,000 songs to put on it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so how about we not continue to derail this thread and get it back on topic Congrats to sprint and t mobile for getting your phones early but has nothing to do verizon thanks

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using xda premium
    Verizon will start shipping the phones July 7th is the official date

just placed my order for the 32GB White model. $301.50 or something like that after the $30 upgrade fee. Ship date was July 9th :)

FYI...

Having talked with Verizon this morning, the 32GB phone that they are currently offering for pre-order has 16GB of internal memory and a 16GB memory card in it.

Their offering of a 32GB phone is a bit misleading.
    SCH-1535 at the Bluetooth Special Interest Group

Looks like it may not be too long until we see the Verizon version after all.
    No from what I understand you can upgrade and keep unlimited as long as you do it before contract renewal if that's passed you're going to have to buy the phone at full retail I'm going to talk to my aunt today ( level 2 ) and ill post her response here