[Q] HTC Explorer stuck, tried almost everything !

Search This thread

DrSakethReddy

Sep 24, 2013
Hyderabad
HELP Please !

My htc explorer initially got stuck at the htc logo at boot and won't go any further.

I searched for solutions on xda and tried to install Cyanogenmod 10.2 on it. Now the device gets stuck at cyanogenmod boot animation (was going on until half -an-hour ! )

Next i searched some more, caught TWRP recovery on a glance. Tried installing it, but my Laptop ( Win8.1 x64 ) doesnt recognize the device whatsover, even after installing the adb drivers and HTC SYNC. !

Now i finally installed FLYROM v4 refined, and the phone is stuck at htc 'quietly brilliant' logo . !

PLEASE get me out of this misery ! I want my little buddy back in action :(

pjohn23

Jan 3, 2014
I dont have an HTC phone or knowledge. but in our phone. we use tool to flash stock firmware. as in pure stock. removing anything. give it a try

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1816836 this link shows tutorials on how to unbrick your phone. hope i helped :)

Reactions: DrSakethReddy

DrSakethReddy

Sep 24, 2013
Hyderabad
Thanks, but no luck :(

I dont have an HTC phone or knowledge. but in our phone. we use tool to flash stock firmware. as in pure stock. removing anything. give it a try

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1816836 this link shows tutorials on how to unbrick your phone. hope i helped :)

I tried many custom ROMs and ended up bootlooping all of them ( Indefinite cyanogenmod animation , for about 48 minutes on average) !

I want to do a full erase of the device and reinstall these ROMs , bu i don't know how to do it .. searched for quite long but no proper instuctions on that :(

Last edited:

pjohn23

Jan 3, 2014
I tried many custom ROMs and ended up bootlooping all of them ( Indefinite cyanogenmod animation , for about 48 minutes on average) !

I want to do a full erase of the device and reinstall these ROMs , bu i don't know how to do it .. searched for quite long but no proper instuctions on that :(
dont you have flashtools?

pjohn23

Jan 3, 2014
I didn't get you.

I have these tools mentioned in almost every HTC explorer resuscitation page :

1. HTC Sync
2. adb drivers
3. Fastboot driver
4. TWRP 2.x.x
5. Stock ROM and
6. 6 varieties of Custom ROMs ! (all get stuck in bootloop ) :(
what i mean is windows tool that can flash stock rom on your phone. if it has. you should use that and wipe everything

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
It's almost certainly an issue with a locked or semi-locked bootloader. If you are just HTC Dev unlocked on most HTCs, you need to flash the boot.img (kernel) via fastboot or when booted, with an app like Flashify. The reason you are having issues with getting it to connect is because Win 8.1 has issues with the HTC fastboot driver, especially on USB 3.0 ports on some makes of PCs. Grab another computer that has Win 7, if possible. Linux is an option as well, depending on how comfortable you are using it. But anyway, get to a PC that doesn't have Win 8+, get the HTC Sync program installed to get all of the drivers properly set up, then extract the boot.img from rom zip you last attempted to install and put it into the folder you extract from this https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1S0LCuXCnnmSWh6NGJmSE1BUWc/edit?usp=sharing . Open a CMD prompt and change directories to the adb+fastboot folder and then you'll want to be in bootloader mode and plugged in (make sure fastboot is selected and it should change to fastboot usb when recognized by PC) then copy and paste this without qoutes: "fastboot flash boot.img" and hit enter. This should send the kernel that you'll need to boot to the phone. Then just to be certain everything gets back in place, boot to recovery and factory reset and flash the rom again. Should be back up and running in no time.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrSakethReddy

DrSakethReddy

Sep 24, 2013
Hyderabad
It's almost certainly an issue with a locked or semi-locked bootloader. If you are just HTC Dev unlocked on most HTCs, you need to flash the boot.img (kernel) via fastboot or when booted, with an app like Flashify. The reason you are having issues with getting it to connect is because Win 8.1 has issues with the HTC fastboot driver, especially on USB 3.0 ports on some makes of PCs. Grab another computer that has Win 7, if possible. Linux is an option as well, depending on how comfortable you are using it. But anyway, get to a PC that doesn't have Win 8+, get the HTC Sync program installed to get all of the drivers properly set up, then extract the boot.img from rom zip you last attempted to install and put it into the folder you extract from this https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1S0LCuXCnnmSWh6NGJmSE1BUWc/edit?usp=sharing . Open a CMD prompt and change directories to the adb+fastboot folder and then you'll want to be in bootloader mode and plugged in (make sure fastboot is selected and it should change to fastboot usb when recognized by PC) then copy and paste this without qoutes: "fastboot flash boot.img" and hit enter. This should send the kernel that you'll need to boot to the phone. Then just to be certain everything gets back in place, boot to recovery and factory reset and flash the rom again. Should be back up and running in no time.

Thank you very much, for your reply :D
I hit thanks button too ;)

I'll get back to you soon as i perform the steps you've stated in a Win 7 PC.:eek:

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
i appreciate your help, but sadly there is no software specific to HTC explorer such as ODIN for samsung.

I'll try the procedure in a Win 7 PC and get back to you guys.

Not true. Their tool is called RUU (Rom Update Utility). I'm assuming your phone is the Indian version from your location. If that is so, you'll find your download for the RUU here: http://www.4shared.com/mp3/JRRnTB2c/file.htm?cau2=s403 or http://uploaded.net/file/yan28lnl . They aren't the fastest downloads, but should work. Need to have more than 30% battery life, antivirus off, and drivers installed. Boot to bootloader / fastboot mode, then just double click the RUU exe and follow the instructions and accept all the terms. If the exe doesn't work, there are a couple of other ways to flash, but as long as your cord / drivers / PC are all working properly, you should be back to stock, if that's what you would rather do. This method could wipe internal storage if you have one.

DrSakethReddy

Sep 24, 2013
Hyderabad
AWESOME !

Not true. Their tool is called RUU (Rom Update Utility). I'm assuming your phone is the Indian version from your location. If that is so, you'll find your download for the RUU here: http://www.4shared.com/mp3/JRRnTB2c/file.htm?cau2=s403 or http://uploaded.net/file/yan28lnl . They aren't the fastest downloads, but should work. Need to have more than 30% battery life, antivirus off, and drivers installed. Boot to bootloader / fastboot mode, then just double click the RUU exe and follow the instructions and accept all the terms. If the exe doesn't work, there are a couple of other ways to flash, but as long as your cord / drivers / PC are all working properly, you should be back to stock, if that's what you would rather do. This method could wipe internal storage if you have one.

Great ! I love getting things done easier with tools !

I'll give this a shot too, and then if this doesn't work, i'll head for the recovery.img flashing .

DrSakethReddy

Sep 24, 2013
Hyderabad
Unsuccessful ! (error)

Hello, i followed the exact steps that you provided, but i got an error in the cmd saying :
"unknown partition 'boot,img'
error: cannot determine image filename for 'boot.img' ! :(:(

I'll try the RUU method now.

DrSakethReddy

Sep 24, 2013
Hyderabad
Alas ! Error again

I've done the adb command method and failed, now i've even performed updating it with RUU, but i have this result :
ERROR 155: unkown error
The ROM Update Utility cannot update your android phone.
Please get the correct ROM Update Utility and update your phone.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Hello, i followed the exact steps that you provided, but i got an error in the cmd saying :
"unknown partition 'boot,img'
error: cannot determine image filename for 'boot.img' ! :(:(

I'll try the RUU method now.

I'm so sorry! I left out something in that command! It's:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Sorry, poor proofreading skills.

As far as the 155 error, I think you also might need to do this in bootloader / fastboot mode (if the previous command doesn't get you going with the rom you are already on - it should):

fastboot oem lock

Then re-run RUU.

DrSakethReddy

Sep 24, 2013
Hyderabad
Sorry guys, for a very late reply.
I tried all the methods you said, with the new command too, but alas ! The device didn't get a life.
I'm gonna use it as a very costly paperweight now !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.