UCUCNE5 (KK, 4.4.2) vs UCUBMK6 (4.3) modem results

Search This thread

DoctorQMM

Feb 24, 2011
I took the new AT&T modem (KK, 4.4.2) UCUCNE5 for spin… and here is my experience. Attached screenshot are the results from a quick and dirty modem speed test (using SpeedTest.NET). I’m currently running a 4.3 rom (SkyNote Vanilla MK6 base) with the UCUBMK6 modem. Just prior to upgrading my modem to the new UCUCNE5, I ran speed tests on my current modem (UCUBMK6)... then flashed the NE5 modem, and re-ran tests (same local server, immediately after flashing new radio). Results will obviously vary depending on your personal situation (geographic location, phone setup, etc); however for me (NorCal area) the KK NE5 modem improved my mobile (LTE) download speeds (20%) and mobile (LTE) upload speeds (19%)... and improved my WiFi download speeds (24%) and WiFi upload speeds (7%). I ran 2 simple tests each on WiFi and same 2 tests each on mobile LTE (on both modems)... then averaged the results. Take it for what it's worth (again, you need to test in your geographic location), but for me, appears the KK NE5 modem improved my speeds even running the 4.3 MK6 rom. As soon as I upgrade rom to 4.4.2, I’ll re-run tests and post.

Also... was on the road for past 3 hrs and constantly tested mobile reception... held on to LTE signal 100% of time (no signal drops or degradation).. rock solid.

Thanks to Zen Arcade for pulling the UCUCNE5 modem.bin and packaging it in a flashable zip:

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2-att/development/rom-att-i317-ucucne5-mj4-stock-odex-t2802189

Last edited:

pdfruth

Jul 4, 2014
Interesting, I thought I was imagining things. But, I'm seeing the same thing too. Battery consumption has been noticeably more (read: worse) now that I've updated to KitKat 4.4.2 ota.

I'm curious... how do you see/visualize mdm wakelock metrics?

good to know that it wasn't just me. You can try bettery battery stats, wakelock detector and network info (network sniffer) to trouble shoot your wakelocks.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Cryingmoose

Aug 30, 2011
Turn off location service. Google now is draining aggressively these days

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I took the new AT&T modem (KK, 4.4.2) UCUCNE5 for spin… and here is my experience. Attached screenshot are the results from a quick and dirty modem speed test (using SpeedTest.NET). I’m currently running a 4.3 rom (SkyNote Vanilla MK6 base) with the UCUBMK6 modem. Just prior to upgrading my modem to the new UCUCNE5, I ran speed tests on my current modem (UCUBMK6)... then flashed the NE5 modem, and re-ran tests (same local server, immediately after flashing new radio). Results will obviously vary depending on your personal situation (geographic location, phone setup, etc); however for me (NorCal area) the KK NE5 modem improved my mobile (LTE) download speeds (20%) and mobile (LTE) upload speeds (19%)... and improved my WiFi download speeds (24%) and WiFi upload speeds (7%). I ran 2 simple tests each on WiFi and same 2 tests each on mobile LTE (on both modems)... then averaged the results. Take it for what it's worth (again, you need to test in your geographic location), but for me, appears the KK NE5 modem improved my speeds even running the 4.3 MK6 rom. As soon as I upgrade rom to 4.4.2, I’ll re-run tests and post.

Also... was on the road for past 3 hrs and constantly tested mobile reception... held on to LTE signal 100% of time (no signal drops or degradation).. rock solid.

Thanks to Zen Arcade for pulling the UCUCNE5 modem.bin and packaging it in a flashable zip:

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2-att/development/rom-att-i317-ucucne5-mj4-stock-odex-t2802189