getting a rom on my i747m

Search This thread

Nonrandomhero

May 1, 2014
I'm sorry to make my first post so noobish, but I've been trying for a day now to get CM 11 onto my phone, and the installation keeps failing, something about the signature failing. I tried miui just to see if the rom iteself was the issue, and i had the same result. I have the phone rooted via odin(CF-Auto-Root-d2can-d2vl-sghi747m). I found a rom (cm-11-20140217-NIGHTLY-d2att) and dropped the zip on my sd, popped that in, put the phone in recovery. I formatted and cleared cache. Then tried to install the rom from external. I see it there but the installation fails every time.

Where am I going wrong? do i need something else on the phone?

thanks for any help.

R5R

Oct 25, 2010
Montreal
1. You need to root and disable Knox (I saw you rooted but did you disable knox?)
2. You need a custom recovery. A quick way todo this is download this http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/d2att/openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-d2att.tar (its the newest TWRP) and flash it using Odin.
3. then you should be able to flash which ever rom you want, BUT be careful because I think some can mess up the i747m. (PS cm11 isnt that great, still very buggy and battery life is not as good as stock.)

Oh one more thing. the CM11 file you have is old since it says d2att, cm renamed the device to d2lte which supports all north american galaxy s3's I believe.

Reactions: Nonrandomhero

Nonrandomhero

May 1, 2014
I did disable Knox. does this matter though? I mean once you reset the phone in recovery mode and clear the cache? is CM10 any better? im not too concerned with battery life (7200mah battery)

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Do you have the 4.3 bootloader on your phone? I assume you do since you mentioned that you disabled knox.

For a custom recovery, I recommend Philz Touch for the d2lte which is based on the latest CWM which can be flashed through Odin.

The best ROM I have used on the s3, and other Android phones, is Validus 13 Ground Zero ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. You need to root and disable Knox (I saw you rooted but did you disable knox?)
    2. You need a custom recovery. A quick way todo this is download this http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/d2att/openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-d2att.tar (its the newest TWRP) and flash it using Odin.
    3. then you should be able to flash which ever rom you want, BUT be careful because I think some can mess up the i747m. (PS cm11 isnt that great, still very buggy and battery life is not as good as stock.)

Oh one more thing. the CM11 file you have is old since it says d2att, cm renamed the device to d2lte which supports all north american galaxy s3's I believe.