Nexus 4 download speeds on Tmobile ?

Search This thread

dspcap

Sep 1, 2010
What kind of download speeds are people getting with the Nexus 4 on Tmobile? Thinking of buying one for my son.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Your saying LTE, but I thought the Nexus 4 didn't have LTE?

officially it doesnt. but unofficially..
it was never approved by the fcc to have an lte radio, but does, to band 4. since it officially doesnt have an lte radio, it officially doesnt have lte. but it does. its lte capabilities have been disabled by software in its newer radios, but have been readded in modified radios that could be found here on xda. that, with the right apn, and some other numbers to change, it works with tmibile lte, as tmibile uses band 4 :)

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

heres the hybrid radio thread http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/general/ref-mako-hybrid-modem-collection-t2412052

Reactions: dspcap

dspcap

Sep 1, 2010
it was never approved by the fcc to have an lte radio, but does, to band 4. since it officially doesnt have an lte radio, it officially doesnt have lte. but it does. its lte capabilities have been disabled by software in its newer radios, but have been readded in modified radios that could be found here on xda. that, with the right apn, and some other numbers to change, it works with tmibile lte, as tmibile uses band 4 :)

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

heres the hybrid radio thread http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/general/ref-mako-hybrid-modem-collection-t2412052
That's awesome.... you just completely sold me on this for my son. That was the only thing holding me back from getting this phone for him.

dspcap

Sep 1, 2010
you dont need root on your device for this, but it does require an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery(bootloader can be relocked after recovery is flashed).
I plan to unlock the bootloader and root it. :) I want to teach my son how to do all of that, see if he enjoys it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What kind of download speeds are people getting with the Nexus 4 on Tmobile? Thinking of buying one for my son.

on hspa+, i see speeds between 30-36mbps download. and on lte i see speeds up to 65mbps download(depending where i am).
    Your saying LTE, but I thought the Nexus 4 didn't have LTE?

That's awesome.... you just completely sold me on this for my son. That was the only thing holding me back from getting this phone for him.

you dont need root on your device for this, but it does require an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery(bootloader can be relocked after recovery is flashed).