[Q] No recoveries found for your device and Cannot install recovery manually

Search This thread

Bccolema

Dec 14, 2012
Hey Guys,

I have looked through some of the other posts related to this issue for other phones, but still cannot get recovery installed :(

Was going to update to the newest Hyperdrive, but decided to ODIN stock and then reroot etc

1. My phone is MDK so I went with the Sticky on how to root: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2290798
2. Obtained root successfully (SU installed (binaries updated), Root Checker checks out fine, Also installed SuperSU just in case(Updated Binaries))
3. Downloaded and installed Goo.im Manager to have to it install TWRP for wins --- Heres where the issues occurred
--- Error message ---
No recoveries found for your device
And when I launch the application I get:: <h1>Not Found</h1><p>The requested URL /message was not found on this server.</p>

Attempted Solutions:::
1. I found a post the ROM Manager can do the same so I installed that and set TWRP as the custom recovery (shows successful) -- but if I choose boot to recovery it still goes to default android recovery
2. I cant seem to find it again, but I had a XDA post on how to install TWRP with ODIN for I545 --- this also did not work as I receive an error on one of the security checks

Any help you have would be greatly appreciated!!!

I miss having a custom ROM :crying:

Last edited:

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
I don't have an MDK phone so I can't be 100% sure, but I think I read that Goo manager and Rom manager don't work for our phones. People are saying to use Flashify.

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk.

Reactions: Bccolema

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Hey Guys,

I have looked through some of the other posts related to this issue for other phones, but still cannot get recovery installed :(

Was going to update to the newest Hyperdrive, but decided to ODIN stock and then reroot etc

1. My phone is MDK so I went with the Sticky on how to root: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2290798
2. Obtained root successfully (SU installed (binaries updated), Root Checker checks out fine, Also installed SuperSU just in case(Updated Binaries))
3. Downloaded and installed Goo.im Manager to have to it install TWRP for wins --- Heres where the issues occurred
--- Error message ---
And when I launch the application I get:: <h1>Not Found</h1><p>The requested URL /message was not found on this server.</p>

1. I found a post the ROM Manager can do the same so I installed that and set TWRP as the custom recovery (shows successful) -- but if I choose boot to recovery it still goes to default android recovery
2. I cant seem to find it again, but I had a XDA post on how to install TWRP with ODIN for I545 --- this also did not work as I receive an error on one of the security checks

Like Riker said ROM manager and Goo haven't been working correctly for the Verizon S4.

Go to the store and grab Flashify. It's very easy to use.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bccolema

Bccolema

Dec 14, 2012
Thank you guys I used Flashify and install TWRP successfully, am not hear a computer where I can try the second All in One option with, but will keep that bookmarked in case I choose to ODIN stock that looks pretty straight forward also..

Again Thanks!!!!

I love being root, love the android experience

I don't have an MDK phone so I can't be 100% sure, but I think I read that Goo manager and Rom manager don't work for our phones. People are saying to use Flashify.

Like Riker said ROM manager and Goo haven't been working correctly for the Verizon S4.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2301720

The all in one method for root also has an option of installing either twrp or cwm.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hey Guys,

--- Error message ---