[17.11.2012][PORT] Opera Mobile 10 for WP7 - FullUnlock/Root Tools Unlock

Search This thread

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
Opera Mobile 10 for Windows Phone 7
FOR FULL UNLOCK AND ROOT TOOLS UNLOCK

Opera Mobile is a property of Opera Software ASA. Neither Opera Software nor the author of this launcher are responsible for any damage caused by using this app.

Current version of launcher is 1.5
What's new?
  • Better interface
  • Root Tools support.
v1.2
  • Application window gets recreated on the startup if Opera was already opened.
  • Got rid of WindowTreeUpdater, now using system functions directly.
  • Font smoothing
  • Removed some unneeded system calls.
  • Now timeout is 3 seconds.
  • Virtual keyboard (SIP) support improved
Rotation support wasn't implemented in this version. Windows Phone 7 API doesn't support it in fully native apps.

Q&A
What is it?
That's Opera Mobile 10 initially built for Windows Mobile. I've just added an extra layer that makes it running.

Why does it only work on fully unlocked ROMs (like Dynamics ROM)? Isn't developer/interop unlock enough to run it? Can it work with Root Tools?
Developer unlock will let you install xap. Interop unlock will let inbuilt interop library work. Full unlock or Root Tools unlock will let Opera native exe run.

Which ROMs should I use?
Almost all custom ROMs (based on either Dynamics or DFT) or stock ROMs compatible with WP7 Root Tools.

What's countdown made for?
Press "Stop" and check.

When I press "Stop", there is a "Delete internal opera folders" button. Why is it here? I can delete this app like any other WP application...
The reason is that Opera launcher goes beyond the standard isolated store. For example, it creates "\Program Files\Opera Mobile 10" folder. Also it adds some absent libraries to \Windows\.
If you delete Opera launcher "like any other WP application", folders beyond the sandbox will still stay there. So, use "Delete internal Opera folders" button wisely :)

I have problems with starting it up...
If it Opera launcher's window doesn't appear at all, it means you have no Interop Unlock.
If it throws an error with "Check your unlock state" in the end, it means your unlock isn't enough for running native executables/copying files.
Anyway, you shouldn't post about it here. I will ignore such comments.

Opera Mini is discussed here.

Attachments

• OperaMobile10.xap
    5.7 MB · Views: 37,716
  • OperaMobile10_ForAllUnlocks.xap
    5.7 MB · Views: 16,440
Last edited:

imotz

Aug 22, 2008
i hav einstalled it but when i want to type an adress to the url bar only the numeric keyboard apears.

ultrashot

May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like only Opera Mobile 9.7 had Multi-Touch support.
Yes, this statement is correct.

Great job! Can't test it, because my HD2 isn't fully unlocked, but I'll write it up on the portal (as I did with your Opera Mini port).
Thanks!

i hav einstalled it but when i want to type an adress to the url bar only the numeric keyboard apears.
Strange because neither Opera itself nor I can control keyboard mode. Probably keyboard behaviour got mixed with other apps.

Interesting fact: if you like to see keyboard built in Opera, set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera10\Keyboard\UseNativeInput to 0

badboy70

Feb 4, 2009
Works flawlessly on my HTC HD7, running NextGen ROM.
Great job!

Is it possible to apply your technique to any WM exe, or did you write a special wrapper specifically designed for Opera?

imotz

Aug 22, 2008
Yes, this statement is correct.

Thanks!

Strange because neither Opera itself nor I can control keyboard mode. Probably keyboard behaviour got mixed with other apps.

Interesting fact: if you like to see keyboard built in Opera, set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera10\Keyboard\UseNativeInput to 0

i have startet opera directly after unlocking the lockscreen, maybee the numeric keyboard was selectet because of this.

after starting an other app and using the normal keyboard the normal keyboard wil also apear in opera mobile

ultrashot

May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
Works flawlessly on my HTC HD7, running NextGen ROM.
Great job!

Is it possible to apply your technique to any WM exe, or did you write a special wrapper specifically designed for Opera?
50/50. Some code parts are universal, some not.

Problem is that more apps we port, more apis we should emulate. Some WM6 apis were deprecated in CE7/WP7. For example, Opera Mini was working almost out of the box - I had to fix not so many things. At the same time Opera Mobile required creating an emulation layer for Connection Manager APIs.

Last edited:

anon1811

Jul 31, 2011
big thanks :)

Thank you, ultrashot, Opera Mobile 10 works really, really great (ok, no multitouch and no landscape, but I knew that before and I don't care much about that). I don't know how different porting Opera Mobile is compared to Opera Mini, but I tried both and Opera Mobile works much better for me. When I closed Opera Mini, the whole system was very sluggish until the next reboot, i.e. scrolling through the app list. But I have no problem with Opera Mobile, it works flawless, just like a native WP7 application.

Last edited:

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
50/50. Some code parts are universal, some not.

Problem is that more apps we port, more apis we should emulate. Some WM6 apis were deprecated in CE7/WP7. For example, Opera Mini was working almost out of the box - I had to fix not so many things. At the same time Opera Mobile required creating an emulation layer for Connection Manager APIs.

So long term, if the hard work was put in, it would potentially be possible to create a WM6 emulation layer, akin to Wine on Linux? ....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Opera Mobile 10 for Windows Phone 7
    FOR FULL UNLOCK AND ROOT TOOLS UNLOCK

Opera Mobile is a property of Opera Software ASA. Neither Opera Software nor the author of this launcher are responsible for any damage caused by using this app.

Current version of launcher is 1.5
    What's new?
    • Better interface
    • Root Tools support.
    v1.2
    • Application window gets recreated on the startup if Opera was already opened.
    • Got rid of WindowTreeUpdater, now using system functions directly.
    • Font smoothing
    • Removed some unneeded system calls.
    • Now timeout is 3 seconds.
    • Virtual keyboard (SIP) support improved
    Rotation support wasn't implemented in this version. Windows Phone 7 API doesn't support it in fully native apps.

Q&A
    What is it?
    That's Opera Mobile 10 initially built for Windows Mobile. I've just added an extra layer that makes it running.

Why does it only work on fully unlocked ROMs (like Dynamics ROM)? Isn't developer/interop unlock enough to run it? Can it work with Root Tools?
    Developer unlock will let you install xap. Interop unlock will let inbuilt interop library work. Full unlock or Root Tools unlock will let Opera native exe run.

Which ROMs should I use?
    Almost all custom ROMs (based on either Dynamics or DFT) or stock ROMs compatible with WP7 Root Tools.

What's countdown made for?
    Press "Stop" and check.

When I press "Stop", there is a "Delete internal opera folders" button. Why is it here? I can delete this app like any other WP application...
    The reason is that Opera launcher goes beyond the standard isolated store. For example, it creates "\Program Files\Opera Mobile 10" folder. Also it adds some absent libraries to \Windows\.
    If you delete Opera launcher "like any other WP application", folders beyond the sandbox will still stay there. So, use "Delete internal Opera folders" button wisely :)

I have problems with starting it up...
    If it Opera launcher's window doesn't appear at all, it means you have no Interop Unlock.
    If it throws an error with "Check your unlock state" in the end, it means your unlock isn't enough for running native executables/copying files.
    Anyway, you shouldn't post about it here. I will ignore such comments.

Opera Mini is discussed here.
    Opera Mobile got Root Tools unlock support.
    Thanks Ultra!! Nice job!

Note for people who use WP7 Root Tools 0.12 Policy Unlock: it can take 2 minutes to unlock. That is normal behavior. Just be patient and let Root Tools do the job.

Thanks Ultra, for making this compatible for users of Policy Unlock! :highfive:

Heathcliff74
    Thanx man!On Nextgen+ 2.2 works fine!
    Very speed browser , but multitouch strange works...
    Who said it is supported? Opera Mobile 10/Opera Mini 5.1 don't support it.
    Lol new update and still no g-sensor and multitouch...
    When anyone promised it? As I said few times - MULTITOUCH ISN'T SUPPORTED BY OPERA MINI/MOBILE. G-Sensor for native apps isn't easily implementable. Such implementation would have been slow as hell.