Need identification/diagnostic help. (Battery)

Search This thread

Toxicoblivion

Dec 7, 2012
Fredricksburg VA
My GE HTC One has been having horrible battery life the last few days. Android System and Mediaserver have been slaughtering my battery within an hour and i want to know why. My possible thoughts are
Snapchat +Keepchat xposed extension (it saves all snaps to your internal mem)
Or settings issue?
Im exhausted and was hoping someone could give me advice to wake up to and try out tomorrow.
(BTW, its not partial wakelocks (caused by apps) because i got an xposed app that lets you disable wakelocks per app, and i knocked out any indecent wakelocks).
All help will be thanked!!! :)

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1394164288795.jpg
    1394164288795.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 383

cr1960

May 15, 2007
Melbourne
My GE HTC One has been having horrible battery life the last few days. Android System and Mediaserver have been slaughtering my battery within an hour and i want to know why. My possible thoughts are
Or settings issue?
Im exhausted and was hoping someone could give me advice to wake up to and try out tomorrow.
(BTW, its not partial wakelocks (caused by apps) because i got an xposed app that lets you disable wakelocks per app, and i knocked out any indecent wakelocks).

when did it start going bad? what did you change/add around that time?? process of elimination.

Reactions: Toxicoblivion

Toxicoblivion

Dec 7, 2012
Fredricksburg VA
It got to around 60% before i plugged in. But it got there fast. :/

Attachments

• 1394234272206.jpg
    1394234272206.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 21

Toxicoblivion

Dec 7, 2012
Fredricksburg VA
So ive been doing some reading, and apparently android 4.4.2 (across all devices) has a bug causing 100% cpu and battery to be diverted to the camera once an app has opened it. Google is aware, and working on a update. Should restore things to the way they were normally

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
Not all devices, just those where the camera uses a Qualcomm chipset, such as the Nexus 5.

Google releases software updates to the Nexus 5. They do not release updates to the HTC One, HTC does. Even for the GPE.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Toxicoblivion

Dec 7, 2012
Fredricksburg VA
Not all devices, just those where the camera uses a Qualcomm chipset, such as the Nexus 5.

Google releases software updates to the Nexus 5. They do not release updates to the HTC One, HTC does. Even for the GPE.

Arent like 90% of US devices using Qualcomms though? And im running GPe, we would get it soon enough.

Reactions: NxNW

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Or settings issue?

when did it start going bad? what did you change/add around that time?? process of elimination.
    Maybe 3-4 days ago id say. And thats why im thinking the keepchat thing.

so uninstall keepchat?

Arent like 90% of US devices using Qualcomms though? And im running GPe, we would get it soon enough.