[S-off] Firewater s-off for HTC One XL

Search This thread

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Firewater S-off for HTC One XL!

Firstly let me say that this isn't my own work, all credit goes to @beaups and @Fuses for bringing this to our device.

Firewater is a new method for achieving s-off on HTC devices.

For everyone that has taken the 5.18 at&t update before unlocking you should be able to use Firewater. It has a temp root feature which will enable you to get s-off on your device, once you have s-off you can get SuperCID via a simple fastboot command (fastboot oem writecid 11111111), then you can unlock your bootloader at htcdev. I'd really appreciate any feedback on whether this works for you.

This is just a simple thread to get this method some exposure for users with our device. As per the licensing section on the site and beaup's wishes I cannot include the download or instructions in this thread. However, we can have this thread serve as a troubleshooting/help location for the One XL. Alternatively, support for rumrunner s-off is available at #rumrunners on the freenode and andirc networks. Please make sure you meet all of the requirements before contacting support.

Firewater S-off.

Please go give beaups and Fuses a bunch of thanks for their work!

Sent from my Evita

Sent from my Evita

magnetboard

May 20, 2011
I'll try this in a little bit. I'll post back and see of it works.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Hey

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Has anyone tested this? I will try here in about 30 mins

magnetboard

May 20, 2011
I have an unlocked bootloader and supercid. Folowwed directions and it didn't work. Just quit after chugging the first bottle. Now I'm kinda stuck with s-on until I flash cm tonight.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Hmmmmm..... well I'm total stock with the new update and sense 5. I'm gonna give it a shot.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hmmmmm..... well I'm total stock with the new update and sense 5. I'm gonna give it a shot.

Your situation is the situation I'm really interested in, we really need to find out whether it's possible to unlock the bootloader after taking the 5.18 update. Let me know how you go.

Sent from my Evita

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Your situation is the situation I'm really interested in, we really need to find out whether it's possible to unlock the bootloader after taking the 5.18 update. Let me know how you go.

Sent from my Evita

Unfortunately I won't know until tomorrow when I can get to a laptop. I was gonna do it today, but couldn't. I'll let u know tomorrow after work unless someone else beats me to it.

Sent from my beastmode of a phone, THE Galaxy Note 3

Reactions: Heisenberg

ttol3g

Mar 13, 2014
Doesn't work for me.
Stock at&t 4.2.2 (firmware 5.18), bootloader locked, s-on. Output on temproot:
[*] Attempting to acquire root. This will take 5-10 minutes, be patient
error in setsockopt().
Failed to get prepare_kernel_cred address.
Failed to get commit_creds address.
Failed to get ptmx_fops address.
Failed to setup variables.

ttol3g

Mar 13, 2014
I agree we need a few more people to test, as new as the guy that did test is. it could be a simple mistake as having anti virus on the computer, etc.

I tried it under linux with no antivirus, in windows (7) -- antivirus off. Everything done according to "Instructions (temp-root method)". What other mistakes could be?

scotty1223

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2011
I tried it under linux with no antivirus, in windows (7) -- antivirus off. Everything done according to "Instructions (temp-root method)". What other mistakes could be?

I can't think of any. You might try entering a root shell after running the temp root, just to verify that is what is failing

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

jlocash

Feb 24, 2014
Well that's a shame, thanks for the feedback though. If anybody else can please attempt this also that'd be great.

Sent from my Evita
I'll give it a go. I'll tell you all if it works out. (AT&T One X)

*UPDATE* I had no luck. same error as the last guy

error in setsockopt().
Failed to get prepare_kernel_cred address.
Failed to get commit_creds address.
Failed to get ptmx_fops address.
Failed to setup variables.

Last edited:

sarichter

Nov 4, 2011
Phoenix
I'm going to be receiving another HTC One X soon. I can only assume that it will be on the 5.18 firmware so I will try this method. If not... off to Mobiletechvideos for S-Off.

DvineLord

Aug 29, 2010
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
AT&T HTC One X
Since I like to run the updated AT&T ruu whenever they come out WeakSauce-1.0.1.apk worked great for temp root and to get everything going again without needing pc after initial ruu. I was wanting to test stock for abit then was on the road and wanted to go custom and weaksauce worked perfect.

shadestalker

Nov 28, 2010
I am on 5.18. temproot gives the same errors others have posted. Weaksauce enables a successful su but firewater fails, not always with the same messages. I would love for this to work, but it looks like I'm just going to get any M8 anyway and make sure I s-off while the exploits still work on it.

Reactions: velo16

quicksilver53

Oct 31, 2012
Surrey
Just did s-off on mine tonight and then super-cid. Mine also hung up at chugging. Exited the program and ran it again successfully. I am overjoyed now. Many thanks to the devs.

Sent from my One X using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Firewater S-off for HTC One XL!

Firstly let me say that this isn't my own work, all credit goes to @beaups and @Fuses for bringing this to our device.

Firewater is a new method for achieving s-off on HTC devices.

For everyone that has taken the 5.18 at&t update before unlocking you should be able to use Firewater. It has a temp root feature which will enable you to get s-off on your device, once you have s-off you can get SuperCID via a simple fastboot command (fastboot oem writecid 11111111), then you can unlock your bootloader at htcdev. I'd really appreciate any feedback on whether this works for you.

This is just a simple thread to get this method some exposure for users with our device. As per the licensing section on the site and beaup's wishes I cannot include the download or instructions in this thread. However, we can have this thread serve as a troubleshooting/help location for the One XL. Alternatively, support for rumrunner s-off is available at #rumrunners on the freenode and andirc networks. Please make sure you meet all of the requirements before contacting support.

Firewater S-off.

Please go give beaups and Fuses a bunch of thanks for their work!

Sent from my Evita

Sent from my Evita

Sent from my Evita

Unfortunately I won't know until tomorrow when I can get to a laptop. I was gonna do it today, but couldn't. I'll let u know tomorrow after work unless someone else beats me to it.

Sent from my beastmode of a phone, THE Galaxy Note 3
    I am on 5.18. temproot gives the same errors others have posted. Weaksauce enables a successful su but firewater fails, not always with the same messages. I would love for this to work, but it looks like I'm just going to get any M8 anyway and make sure I s-off while the exploits still work on it.
    No. Sorry, I was rooted and s-on. Currently running cyanogenmod nightly on my Evita.

Sent from my One X using XDA Free mobile app