Dayliter

Feb 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I have a HTC One Max it is s-off routed and unlocked
I'm using the viper 1.01 rom verizon 4.3
I would like to use the viper 2.0 rom
kitkat 4.42. Will it work properly as I don,t
have the kitkat 4.42 ota update? What do I have to do
to get the ota update and use the viper 2.0 rom?
Or is it inbedded in the viper 2.0 rom.
I did try flashing it however could not get wi-fi to work.
I did try reading for this in viper forms -but ???

farazhassankhan

Feb 25, 2012
I have a HTC One Max it is s-off routed and unlocked
I'm using the viper 1.01 rom verizon 4.3
I would like to use the viper 2.0 rom
kitkat 4.42. Will it work properly as I don,t
have the kitkat 4.42 ota update? What do I have to do
to get the ota update and use the viper 2.0 rom?
Or is it inbedded in the viper 2.0 rom.
I did try flashing it however could not get wi-fi to work.
I did try reading for this in viper forms -but ???

I am not exactly sure if you need to take an OTA to be able to flash ViperMax 2.0.0. However, OTA will certainly upgrade your phone's bootloader which is 2.49.0.000
You need to unroot your phone to be able to take OTA.
To unroot:
* Restore stock backup
* flash stock recovery
* Relock your bootloader.
* After all of this, boot into stock recovery and Factory Rest and finally boot into your phone.
Now you should be able to receive OTA.

Let me know if you would need to know something else.

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dayliter

Feb 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
viper 2.0 rom? if i could find out if ota update inbedded in the viper 2.0 rom. or

I am not exactly sure if you need to take an OTA to be able to flash ViperMax 2.0.0. However, OTA will certainly upgrade your phone's bootloader which is 2.49.0.000
You need to unroot your phone to be able to take OTA.
To unroot:
* Restore stock backup
* flash stock recovery
* Relock your bootloader.
* After all of this, boot into stock recovery and Factory Rest and finally boot into your phone.
Now you should be able to receive OTA.

Let me know if you would need to know something else.

viper 2.0 rom?
if i could find out if ota update is inbedded in the viper 2.0 rom. or do i need it to use the kk 4.42 custom ROMS-cause rooting ,unlocking was hard for me the 1st goround

Last edited:

farazhassankhan

Feb 25, 2012
viper 2.0 rom?
if i could find out if ota update is inbedded in the viper 2.0 rom. or do i need it to use the kk 4.42 custom ROMS-cause rooting ,unlocking was hard for me the 1st goround

I didn't understand what you said. Come again please. ?

jerrycycle

Aug 20, 2009
viper 2.0 rom?

The 4.4.2 firmware isn't included in Viper 2.0 rom. It can be installed as stated in farazhassankhan post or fastboot installation.

Dayliter

Feb 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
from version 4.3 to4.4.2

if your s-off you don't want to change you bootloader, just install 2.0 and wait(if someone makes one)for a flashable firmware for s-off users.with stock recovery and hboot removed,

so you are saying I can flash 4.4.2 roms even tho I am on 4.3 right now (viper 1.0.1) I had tried viper 2. but could not get wi fi to work ------
Do you know if their is some kind of fix for that Wi-Fi ? or mabe it was just me or a bad download I had flashed.
I thought I had to take the OTA update to use 4.4.2 roms --Thanks for yall"s time and efort

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
so you are saying I can flash 4.4.2 roms even tho I am on 4.3 right now (viper 1.0.1) I had tried viper 2. but could not get wi fi to work ------
Do you know if their is some kind of fix for that Wi-Fi ? or mabe it was just me or a bad download I had flashed.
I thought I had to take the OTA update to use 4.4.2 roms --Thanks for yall"s time and efort

yeah you can flash it, are you on twrp 2.6.3.0 or higher no problem i would flash viperone 2.. clean flash that is.

wipe:
dalvic
cache
data
system

not the internal(be careful here, you don't check it by mistake
boot to recovery, tap wipe>advanced wipe, then select the above

if wifi still doesn't work you may need to flash the radio from the update. i don't have this phone so, maybe someone here will make a flashable for just the radio are you s-off??

Last edited:

thayl0

May 26, 2013
yes i am s-off and got TWRP 2.7(VERIZON HTC one max--- guess i ant in on big hurry i dont even no what atvanatages the ota have over what i already got

Just an updated radio and hboot are the only difference. Who is your provider so I can link you to the correct its firmware.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dayliter

Feb 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
boot.img

do i have to use a stock Rom or just go with the viper thats on my phone now)-----or will i have to unlock- root it again

how do i pull the boot.img from the ROM.zip that i am running --
(so please pull the boot.img from the ROM.zip that you're running, and put the boot.img ect.

dont see these answered in the forms tho i am still lookin (i want to get my Ducks in a Row Before i have a go at it)

thayl0

May 26, 2013
do i have to use a stock Rom or just go with the viper thats on my phone now)-----or will i have to unlock- root it again

how do i pull the boot.img from the ROM.zip that i am running --
(so please pull the boot.img from the ROM.zip that you're running, and put the boot.img ect.

dont see these answered in the forms tho i am still lookin (i want to get my Ducks in a Row Before i have a go at it)

The boot.img is located in the vipe zip folder you download that has your rom.zip
Is that what you were asking?

It might just be easier for you to backup your data. And just flash either a stock rom or RUU and it will update itself.

Dayliter

Feb 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
i used RUU and got bootloop now i finaly got it to boot up in to bootloader but when i try to go to recovery it just bootloops Can anyone point me to
the rite direction(verizon htc one max) bootloader says unlocked -s-off -Hboot2.49 Radio 1.36.680122

Dayliter

Feb 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
restored

i used RUU and got bootloop now i finaly got it to boot up in to bootloader but when i try to go to recovery it just bootloops Can anyone point me to
the rite direction(verizon htc one max) bootloader says unlocked -s-off -Hboot2.49 Radio 1.36.680122
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Never mind i kelp tinkering till TWRP some how booted up and restored to a backup. Thank GOODNESS

Dayliter

Feb 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Before i use verizon RU should i 1st flash( Stock_Rooted_VZW_2.16.605.2.zip) in place or my viper 1.0.1--
-I dont have my origanl stock or recovery---i am tryin to get the OTA 4.4.2 still-I had problems when i tryed with viper
also should my bootloader be locked or unlocked
Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts