[ROM] [4.4.4] M2 KitKat Plus - CM11.0 [UPDATE : 28.09.2014]

Search This thread

katchoo

Apr 27, 2010
Hi,

i tried to overwrite the existing /etc/hosts file but it gets reverted back to the default hosts file.

I did that with the terminal on the phone:
(also tried a remount on / with rw access)

su
cp /sdcard/Download/hosts.txt /etc/hosts
less /etc/hosts (shows the correct file)

than i close the terminal, open the browser and still see ads, when i check the hosts, its the standard file again :(

[Edited]
i also tried it with the builtin filemanager, file still gets reverted to the standard hosts file ;(

Last edited:

Sh0X31

Mar 27, 2010
Frankfurt am Main
I came from stock Rom and so I format system, data & cache. After that my Phone restarts and dont boot up. Can someone help me? Any way to boot in recovery?

ssjoker

Aug 7, 2012
Tehran
I came from stock Rom and so I format system, data & cache. After that my Phone restarts and dont boot up. Can someone help me? Any way to boot in recovery?

1-in CWM : go to Mount and Storage > format system & > format data & > format cache
2-Install Tezet's CM10
3-then Reboot recovery (Don't Access Rom boot)

at this time flash an sbf rom with rsdlite, again root your MS2 and install droid2bootstraper .apk .......

Last edited:

Sh0X31

Mar 27, 2010
Frankfurt am Main
I already try to flash with rsdlite. But I start it, choose the firmware and hit start. And nothin happens. The phone is connected and in the bootloader. On my computer I installed the driver and my pc find the Motorola Flash Interface. Rsdlite don't show my device.

Last edited:

katchoo

Apr 27, 2010
i like this rom but i have some problems with it:

neither one of the keyboards included enables me to have the "autocorrect-bar" in HW-keyboard-mode ... i need it to autocorrect special characters (im from germany and i only want to type "o" but want the keyboard to correct it to "ö", could compare it to english: write "im" and get "I'm") so atm i have swiftkey installed but it takes way too much system resources for this old device

I'd like to get rid of the "sound optimizer" because it does not optimize but cripple my music with constant scratches and cracks.

also it would be nice to have this rom without all those bloaty google apps, i dont need any of them (and everybody can install them from the market so why include them anyway?)

and i still have the problem that i can not exchange my hosts file (see post above).

any Tips / Suggestions?

ncc74656

May 5, 2008
I can't install it. It says:

This package is for "milestone2" devices; this i
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard

Any idea what could be wrong? I used Team Win Recovery 2.6.0.0, currently the Rom is engle 20140328.

lampwarez

Jun 2, 2011
Motorola One Vision
Instructions link coming from stock are broken (i mean cm10 - cm10.2 links) can anyone pls help me?

Tezet CM 10: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1827801

Czechop CM 10.2: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451742 - BaNkS does not maintain a minimal gapps package anymore, that is not a problem if you plan to go to CM 11 because you do not need it now, actually I believe is fine to use the Czechop CM11 minimal gapps if someone pretend to upgrades only up to CM 10.2

Czechop CM 11: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2517735

CM 11 topic has a minimal gapps link only with contact sync, as stated earlier you do not need other versions to go up to CM 11.

Reactions: santi1993

santi1993

Mar 24, 2012
Buenos Aires
Tezet CM 10: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1827801

Czechop CM 10.2: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451742 - BaNkS does not maintain a minimal gapps package anymore, that is not a problem if you plan to go to CM 11 because you do not need it now, actually I believe is fine to use the Czechop CM11 minimal gapps if someone pretend to upgrades only up to CM 10.2

Czechop CM 11: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2517735

CM 11 topic has a minimal gapps link only with contact sync, as stated earlier you do not need other versions to go up to CM 11.

Hey! its working, is there a noticeable diference between no-gapps and gapps? cuz now im running with no-gapps and it's like its at the limit of usable experience, and i don't want to hestitate, for these reasons im downloading app by app and trying to make the processor the more weight light as i can! i've got a lot of good results making these things.

Is there any mod that worth to test? i mean upgrading things or portings from another platforms, these things that make android worth i mean! now i've achieve a clean and stable and good installation that's ready to mod (for now i think i'll go nandroid, if any mod mess everything and i've a nandroid can i restore with 2 clicks or need to go aaaaaaaaalll the damn installation from firmware? i mean if nandroid cover all the files that make android work or if there are files uncovered), thanks and ty for the links! its working man! i can't believe it, my five years phone is ****ing all the phones with the same hardware!

PD: the only thing that's not working for me is streamed video playback, i mean youtube, facebook videos and everything that use flashplayer or html5 player! is it me that i'm doin' something wrong or is it a thing from the rom?

gambiarraweb1

Vários erros, Android.phone, média, core... Como corrigir isso?

Attachments

• 1422354049751.jpg
    1422354049751.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 317

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    M2 KitKat Plus
    Friends ,

This is workaround to czechop's CM11.0 for better performance and simple to a complete Rom....

FEATURES

28/9/2014

• Gapps Updated - Pa-Gapps.20140923
    • Google keyboard FC fixed
    • Sony library updated
    • System partition have about 50MB free space

19/9/2014

• Gapps Updated - Pa-Gapps.20140918
    • Sony Album black Image fixed
    • Sony Movies FC fixed
    • Chrome android version error fixed

3/9/2014

2/9/2014

• Part1 was edited

1/9/2014

• Added Google< play Video , Earth , Keyboard(it get foce close, disable it yet) , Quickoffice >
    • Cache released (you can wipe it), Installation method was edited
    • System partition have 50Mb free space

25/8/2014

• Gmail force close fixed....
    • Sony Album Updated to 6.2.A.0.22
    • Sony Movies included ver.7.2.A.0.4

Attention : Android AOSP Keyboard was removed ... change your keyboard to Sony Z2 keyboard

24/8/2014

• Mirror Link Created (Dev-host)

21/8/2014

• Based On czechop's CM11.0 ver.18.07.2014
    • Full Gapps Included (Pa Gapps Stock 4.4.4 ver.20140818)
    • Zip Aligned For Better RAM Management
    • Zram Added init.d (512 Mb / swappines 40)
    • AC!D Soundmode
    • Prepared For All Sony Apps(Walkman & Album was installed :D,Install whatever you want ;) )
    • Sony Z2 keyboard,Xloud,ClearBass,Bravia Engine3 & many more little changes
    • And All PurePerformanceX features : See at this Link

SCREENS
    Pic%20(1).png
    Pic%20(2).png

Pic%20(3).png
    Pic%20(4).png

Pic%20(5).png
    Pic%20(6).png

DOWNLOADS

M2 KitKat Plus Part1 - - ver.2014.9.28 :- Download Link

M2 KitKat Plus Part2 - - ver.2014.9.28 :- Download Link

M2 KitKat Plus Part1 - - ver.2014.9.19 :- Download Link

M2 KitKat Plus Part2 - - ver.2014.9.19 :- Download Link

M2 KitKat Plus Part1 - - ver.2014.9.2 :- Download Link

M2 KitKat Plus Part1 - - ver.2014.9.1 :- Download Link

M2 KitKat Plus Part2 - - ver.2014.9.1 :- Download Link

M2 KitKat Plus Part1 - - ver.25.8.2014 :- Download Link

M2 KitKat Plus Part2 - - ver.25.8.2014 :- Download Link

Rom ver.22.8.2014 Part1 :- Download Link

Rom ver.22.8.2014 Part2 : - Download Link

Mirrors

INSTRUCTIONS

(1) FOR CM11.0
    If You Are Using czechop's CM11.0 don't need wipe your data or factory reset,only update your phone with my Rom.
    • Copy the ROM Zips in SDCard
    • Backup your Data
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Wipe system partition (Wipe>Advanced>system(mark only)>swipe to Wipe)
    • DO NOT Wipe Data Factory Reset
    • DO NOT Wipe Cache / Dalvik Cache any where
    • Flash ROM Part1.zip
    • Flash ROM Part2.zip
    • [DO NOT Wipe Cache / Dalvik Cache any where & Reboot your Milestone 2 and wait about 10 min for complete boot.
    • Reboot 2 or 3 times to get a stable performance

(2) FOR Any Other ROM
    If You are coming from 2.2 or Any other version of CM's Rom...

• Copy the ROM Zips and any files you need to SDCard
    • Root your milestone 2 ,and install dorid2bootsrtap.apk :- Download Link ,open it then Touch "Bootstrap Recovery" ,see Success! Touch ok ,& Touch Reboot recovery.
    • in CWM : go to Mount and Storage > format system & > format data & > format cache
    • Install Tezet's CM10 :- Download Link
    • Reboot recovery (Don't Access Rom boot)
    • Install czechop's CM10.2 :- Download Link
    • Reboot recovery (Don't Access Rom boot)
    • Install czechop's CM11.0 :- Download Link
    • *** Reboot and Wait Rom boot Complete ***
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • DO NOT Wipe Data Factory Reset
    • [DO NOT Wipe Cache / Dalvik Cache any where
    • Flash ROM Part1.zip
    • Flash ROM Part2.zip
    • Reboot your Milestone 2 and wait about 10 min for complete boot.
    • Reboot 2 or 3 times to get a stable performance

Known issues:
    I don't see any issues or any problem ,

:good: CREDITS

czechop
    Rajeev
    zeppelinrox
    ImbaWind
    Exit_Only
    idcrisis
    nicolassp
    L.E.D 26
    Jeeko
    Quarx2k
    Tezet
    Blachd0se
    CM team
    AC!D team
    SONY Mobile
    ibanez7
    X8invisible
    Rizal Lovins
    R-ikfoot
    Knight47
    Krabappel2548
    ThilinaC
    Till-Kruspe
    Lalitchhabaria
    DooMLoRD
    XDA Developers forum and all XDA member
    Hi!
    I've installed the latest update and then removed all downloaded updates of google apps (revert to factory version) - I hoped that they are the most fresh ones. However, on the first run of the Store, Talkback, Google+, Hangouts, Play, Music, Maps, Chrome and Youtube updated immediately again. I don't understand why - there should be the latest Gapps package, so why is it necessary to consume the user data partition again with immediate updates ?
    Also, the Album app was crashing repeatedly. A quick look to logcat discovered, that there is a mismatch between caches (and I purged both during update!) and that it can't write to /data/dalvik-cache. I temporarily chmod'd this directory to 777 (it was 771), ran the app - it worked - and then returned back 771 It runs since then.
    With regards, Pavel

Hey! I've just found that the problem with Google AOSP keyboard is caused by exactly the same cause! So, to fix it, just open the terminal and do
    Code:
    su
    <allow access for yourself if not yet done>
    cd /data
    chmod 777 dalvik-cache
    <Run the Google keyboard, just activate its settings from the Settings menu>
    <Get back to the terminal>
    chmod 771 dalvik-cache
    exit
    exit

This will fix the app.

Pavel
    Download not working.

Ok my friend :good: , Mirror Link Created ;)

Part 1 Mirror link download

Part 2 Mirror link download
    After install ROM my Gmail stop. Iam use a czechop's ROM.

Its very fast realy, my only problem is keyboard, expected, and gmail.

Yes, GMail force closes here as well and cannot be restarted.
    Pavel

25/8/2014
    • Gmail force close fixed....
    • Sony Album Updated to 6.2.A.0.22
    • Sony Movies included ver.7.2.A.0.4
    Attention : Android AOSP Keyboard was removed ... change your keyboard to Sony Z2 keyboard
    Just flashed it and got the message: "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped".
    The same thing happened with the other versions.
    I downloaded again using another computer and same results.
    Can someone help me with this issue?
    Thanks for your amazing work.

Found the solution: wipe, flash JellyBean again tem this amazin ROM. Thanks for sharin it.

There is another solution - just terminate the setup wizard before it crashes. It can be done by tapping on the corners of its screen. There must be some specific order, which I don't remember and it's different for various versions of the wizard, so I'm tappping around in different orders until it closes.
    Pavel